Niners Vs Vikings Monday night game.

Chaos

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

That was mainly @BeavercreekBillsFantalking them up like an all time great team. I told him the 49ers weren’t anything close to that 2007 Patriots team that failed to go undefeated and that the 9ers wouldn’t either. 

He was ready to crown them the greatest team of all time with the greatest defense of all time. 

two weeks later and they r dropped two stinky games just like the Bills have. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Purdy going just 2 weeks ago was the MVP front runner.  He needs to start getting more credit.

Anyone is an MVP front runner when you get Kittle/Aiyuk/McCaffrey/Debo to work with and a top-5 HC

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Purdy going just 2 weeks ago was the MVP front runner.  He needs to start getting more credit.

Anyone is an MVP front runner when you get Kittle/Aiyuk/McCaffrey/Debo to work with and a top-5 HC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Ok. So Eagles/Chiefs Super Bowl then? 

I don’t see any teams close to topping those two. 

The NFL will change 4x before we reach the Super Bowl. Why must everyone be so quick to declare the best team right now?

Heading into the Dolphins game, the dolphins were the talk of the town. Then we destroyed them and became the talk. Then the niners. Now it’s the chiefs again. It’ll probably be the a bengals in 3 weeks only to come back around to either the Eagles, Chiefs, Bills or Dolphins again. 

Enjoy the ride. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

How things change in the NFL. Till 2 weeks back, the Niners looked invincible and Shanahan was a God of offense. 

nFL defenses have a way of catching up with every QB.

And don't forget that if Shanahan was the "God of Offense" the Dolphins have TWICE (after the Bronco's game and again after the Panthers game) been named the Archangel Micheal of offense.

• Haha (+1) 1

The bloom is going to come off the rose with Purdy. There’s a reason he was drafted last. He has almost no arm talent and needs it to be perfect to make plays. That team is almost always ahead and can absolutely destroy you with run after catch. Any accurate, intelligent QB would win a ton with this team. If there is a pre determined throw and the guy is streaking wide open, Purdy is ok. If you make him pull it down or make him go off schedule, the arm isn’t there. It’s so much like a less talented Tua it’s crazy. It’s a little weak arm timing QB with almost no athletic ability, surrounded by game breaking talent. If you make those guys move or have to change the timing, they are ineffective. They have unbelievable talent surrounding them so when they are in the lead, or can get the ball out on time they are hard to stop. I bet Purdy isn’t the 49ers starter by this time next year….he’s just not that good.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I know it kind of sounds crazy but I can really see Mac Jones in the 49ers offense. I wouldn't be surprised if Jones ends up there

Mac can’t play don’t let yesterday fool you the guy lost 34-0 to the saints at home two weeks ago.
Bills just have zero people who scares anyone on defense now. 

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

That makes no sense. Purdy looks more than serviceable. He definitely doesn't suck. 

I think he looks serviceable. Not more than serviceable. When you have an elite left tackle, the best dual purpose RB and the best move receiver in the league, plus the 2nd best tight end and another legit reciver he looked good. Shorn of some of that talent he looks borderline serviceable.

My other takeaway from this game.... man I really wish the Bills had Jordan Addison. I don't dislike Kincaid at all and I think Sunday will be good for his confidence and I expect more of him moving forward. But Addison was everything we needed.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he looks serviceable. Not more than serviceable. When you have an elite left tackle, the best dual purpose RB and the best move receiver in the league, plus the 2nd best tight end and another legit reciver he looked good. Shorn of some of that talent he looks borderline serviceable.

My other takeaway from this game.... man I really wish the Bills had Jordan Addison. I don't dislike Kincaid at all and I think Sunday will be good for his confidence and I expect more of him moving forward. But Addison was everything we needed.

Zay Flowers looks pretty good too. I was hoping for Addison or Flowers at pick 27. My no go go was Quinton  Johnston. 

7 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

They’re in a mid-season lull. Good teams win these games, as I’m sure that they will.

Oops 

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Wtf was that Purdy

someone get @Pine Barrens Mafia in here

You rang? My ny, did the utterly average purdy look utterly average?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Garappolol was fine in that offense and almost won them a Super Bowl with less talent than they have now.  He is just made of glass. 

Yes but he wasn't an MVP candidate.

41 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Jimmy G was unstoppable for a while until he got injured

Lance is apparently made of paper mache 

Jimmy G and the word unstoppable never belong in the same sentence.  If he was unstoppable while healthy, he would still be a 49er and making a TON of money.  But instead, he was let go and traded up for Trey Lance.  

Lance is injury prone, it doesn't mean he was playing at an MVP level when he was healthy.

10 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

That was mainly @BeavercreekBillsFantalking them up like an all time great team. I told him the 49ers weren’t anything close to that 2007 Patriots team that failed to go undefeated and that the 9ers wouldn’t either. 

Haha I’ll take my L on that one. I bet them prior to the start of the season to go undefeated based upon their roster being the best in the nfl and their easy schedule. I was wrong. But I’m not backing off their likelihood to win the whole thing. Talent wins out and they have the most by a big margin plus the best coaching. 

Lots of overreaction to the loss last night by lots of people on here and lots of people saying the eagles are the class of the nfc. I don’t see it. And neither does Vegas. Niners are still the co-favorites to win it all along with the chiefs at +450. Eagles are at +600. 

• Agree 1

Addison almost helped me pull a 99% loss out of my ass...opponent had Kittle tho so after I took a 3 point lead, Kittle getting a few receptions ended up making me lose by 4...not bad considering I was expected to lose by 60+ going into the game thanks to a bunch of dudes on IR and bye weeks...

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Sucks for him and the 49ers. 

The Bengals will get Sam Darnold.  Awesome. 

If it happened in the game, it seems odd given the fact he took every snap and finished; not once coming off to go into the blue tent. Just what the Bengalis need, another break.

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

If it happened in the game, it seems odd given the fact he took every snap and finished; not once coming off to go into the blue tent. Just what the Bengalis need, another break.

I guess we'll see if the Niners offense is actually plug-and-play at the QB position.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.