After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?

Chaos

After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the Bills end up this season?

• Winning the Super Bowl
    • Losing the Super Bowl
    • Losing the AFC Championship game
    • Losing in the AFC Divisional Playoffs
    • Losing in the AFC Wild Card Round
    • Missing the playoffs.
  2. 2. Has your outlook changed since before the season started

• Outlook is the same
    • Outlook is more optimistic
    • Outlook is more pessimistic

I think if McBeane actually jump all in before the trade deadline, give the younger players some room for development, and of course get some good fortune, we could still have a great year. Of course, the pragmatist in me says, we'll protect our 6th and 7th round picks, aging veterans with limited upside will play and injuries will continue. Which means we squeak into the playoffs and lose on the road in round 1. 

Way more pessimistic. Before the season started I thought with confidence that this was our year. The Jets games did not change my opinion, but the loss to the Jags did. The Jags always seem to give us trouble and for me it was a measuring stick as to where this team is. The Miami game meant nothing to me. We own them and always play well against them. Losing to a team like Jacksonville is what this team does every year. They just don't have that killer instinct you need to bury the up-starts like they should. We will win the next couple of games and lose to the Bengals, even if the Bengals are playing horribly, because it's the Billsy thing to do. 

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Season doesn't end today. Talk to me when Miami beats someone with a winning record.

Reading comprehension is such a lost art.  The second sentence in my post starts with “lots of football to go”. But thank you for your brilliant insight.  

• Haha (+1) 1

• Chaos changed the title to After Seven games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?
35 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

At the beginning of this sports year, I did not have the Yankees and Bills missing the playoffs and the Arizona Wildcat FB team making a bowl game on my bingo card, and yet at this moment those three things are very possible.

Or the D-Backs and the Rangers in the WS. Sometimes the unexpected is worse than the expected.

Remember that in the 2021 season, the Bills were struggling at 7-6, with the AFC East all bunched up.  The Bills won their last 4 games to finish 11-6 and win the division.

Despite any McD shortcomings, his teams have finished the season strong.

The 2017 season look3d hopeless after the Peterman debacle in LA and blowout losses to New Orleans and Baltimore.

”Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!”

Looking at the W/L columns, close to what I originally thought, although not quite the teams. I expected losses at Jets and against Miami,  but expected wins against Jags and NE. Giants game was my Tie game when I projected 11-5-1 for the season. I expected to split with the Jets and Phins, but thought we'd get 2 from NE and go 4-2 in the division. That being said, I still expect to go 4-2, so we will sweep the Phins and win the division.😁

As to where we end up, I still believe we can make the dance. The Philly and Dallas games will help me decide W/L. 😉

There are some internal problems brewing and it's all to obvious.

Lock Ken Dorsey, Sean McDermott,  Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs in an 8x8 room (supply a case of water)  and work it out.

This is a watered down NFL and no team needs to be great to win it all. The Bills certainly can....

Edited by Bogie_Klinkhammer

On 10/17/2023 at 2:22 PM, boyst said:

this was a 5-6 game losing team. others who thought better of it were not realistic or too bias to think more.

preseason we all figured losses against 3 of the 4: Phili, Cinci, Jax, KC.

We figured a loss of 2 out of 4 of: Miami, SD, NYJ.

Anyone who refused to see 5 losses on this schedule was bias.

And what is so different now?

They make the playoffs and they are most likely one and done.

The number of people who responded to this poll by saying the Bills are going to win the SB is just mind blowing.

OTOH, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. The percentage (about 30) checks with the number of blinders wearing homers in this forum.

Had they not been decimated by injuries on the defensive side, *maybe* they make a serious run. And of course the offensive ineptitude right now is astounding. I suppose they can turn the latter around, but after seeing the same pathetic effort for 3 games in a row now, I'm not a believer. I checked that they'd win a WC game and then get knocked out, but I'm not even confident about that. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn’t make the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

The number of people who responded to this poll by saying the Bills are going to win the SB is just mind blowing.

OTOH, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. The percentage (about 30) checks with the number of blinders wearing homers in this forum.

Had they not been decimated by injuries on the defensive side, *maybe* they make a serious run. And of course the offensive ineptitude right now is astounding. I suppose they can turn the latter around, but after seeing the same pathetic effort for 3 games in a row now, I'm not a believer. I checked that they'd win a WC game and then get knocked out, but I'm not even confident about that. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn’t make the playoffs.

at this point the season could either implode and result in coaching changes, or we could be a top team the rest of the way.

KC started 2-4 in 2021.... 

Funny how many of us thought the Vegas season-win total of 10.5 was way too low. Of course, injuries are a factor but it won't be shocking to see the Bills go under that.

Glad I didn't let me my homerism prompt me into betting $1,000 on that as, at the time, I was very, very confident we'd win 11 or more games.

Realistic best case:

We beat TB, CIN, DEN, NYJ, DAL, LAC, NE, MIA

We lose to PHI, KC, 

Finish at 12-5

Realistic worst case:

We beat TB, DEN, NYJ, LAC, NE

We lose to CIN, PHI, KC, DAL, MIA

Finish at 9-8 (lose one of those "easy" games like LAC, NYJ and its 8-9 or even 7-10...ouch

We're struggling against some of the worst teams in the league, so not optimistic. 

We have a tough schedule, and this was supposed to be the soft part. The Dolphins cruised through their easy stretch, but we are 1-2 in the division & needed luck to get by the Giants.

At least my expectations are significantly lowered now, so anything above that will be a welcome surprise.

I'm pessimistic. Even if we squeak into the playoffs I don't see us matching up with top playoff teams.

Coaching, injuries, average drafting relying on heavily on FAs every year. Just not a recipe thats maintainable and I believe this year its all coming home to roost

49 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The process ended after 13 seconds, the culture died at the No Show In The Snow. I think Josh can will us to a division title but we don't have the coaching or depth to win it all. McDermott & Beane have to go.

I think you summed it up perfectly.  The team gets no energy from its coaching staff.  And they don't out scheme anyone.  

Josh is still a baller.  But needs to get the ball to Kincaid Shakir and Harty more.  All 3 can run.  And Josh himself needs to run more.  

The Dolphins are a lot of style and not much substance.  Their defense is still nothing special.  But I am sure a lot of teams are saying that about us as well now.

Hopefully we can get it turned around tonite and then next week in Cincinnati.  If not, time to blow it all up.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I think you summed it up perfectly.  The team gets no energy from its coaching staff.  And they don't out scheme anyone.  

Josh is still a baller.  But needs to get the ball to Kincaid Shakir and Harty more.  All 3 can run.  And Josh himself needs to run more.  

The Dolphins are a lot of style and not much substance.  Their defense is still nothing special.  But I am sure a lot of teams are saying that about us as well now.

Hopefully we can get it turned around tonite and then next week in Cincinnati.  If not, time to blow it all up.  

Listening to a lot of Bob Segar today, if we don't make some Night Moves, it will be time to Turn The Page on the season

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.