After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?

Chaos

After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the Bills end up this season?

• Winning the Super Bowl
    • Losing the Super Bowl
    • Losing the AFC Championship game
    • Losing in the AFC Divisional Playoffs
    • Losing in the AFC Wild Card Round
    • Missing the playoffs.
  2. 2. Has your outlook changed since before the season started

• Outlook is the same
    • Outlook is more optimistic
    • Outlook is more pessimistic

Outlook is the same - this is the all-in year for this iteration of the team.  There is no tomorrow.

Next year is the remodel to take another shot at the Super Bowl in the first season in the new stadium with a different cast.

However, after six games here in 2023, while the defense is vastly improved, the offense remains the same we saw last year into the divisional game and this team still has a sleepwalking problem.  Offense needs to get its act together and evolve from where it was last year for the Bills to get over the hump.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Agree 2

Just now, Gregg said:

I went with losing in the divisional round. I hope I am wrong of course but the Bills with McDermott still have to prove they can beat the top teams in the playoffs.

This is true.  The playoffs also provide the challenge that you need to string four wins in a row against playoff caliber teams to win the Super Bowl.  Stringing together wins against playoff teams during the regular season also does not seem to be a McDermott speciality.  I am guessing every person voting hopes the Bills win the Super Bowl, regardless of their vote. 

From the fine people at fanduel :

image.thumb.png.0d07ccddeb8c0f89234b78fbfa2b2f44.png

image.thumb.png.6ae2c2f6438d98d885a27ae9ac6be382.png
image.thumb.png.519cdca895e59e035517c93ec65d2c8d.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I went with losing in the divisional round. I hope I am wrong of course but the Bills with McDermott still have to prove they can beat the top teams in the playoffs.

McDermott is incapable of out-coaching the top coaches in this league. Guys like Reid or Shanahan would own him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

The Bills are likely 1 and done in the playoffs but there's a chance they can muster up enough to get 1 win and then lose in the divisional round, so I chose that. I don't think they are capable of stringing together back to back good games vs quality opponents 

Too many highs and lows with this team. They are bipolar

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

this was a 5-6 game losing team. others who thought better of it were not realistic or too bias to think more.

preseason we all figured losses against 3 of the 4: Phili, Cinci, Jax, KC.

We figured a loss of 2 out of 4 of: Miami, SD, NYJ.

Anyone who refused to see 5 losses on this schedule was bias.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McDermott is incapable of out-coaching the top coaches in this league. Guys like Reid or Shanahan would own him.

I think coaching is underestmated and often misunderstood.  People use the chess vs checkers analogy with some frequency on this forum. 

I was a good club chess player at one point. In chess parlance, this means I could almost always beat a casual chess player, and could never ever beat someone who was a master rated player.  To even it up somewhat there are handicapping systems.  A good friend of mine was the NYS high school chess champion while we were in school.  I could never come close to beating him in an even match. But if he had a clock of one minute total time, and I had 30 minutes of total time, I could beat him occassionally.   Comparing NFL head coaches, requires understanding the handicaps they operate with.   And what they do with a level playing field.   Take Belichek.  If you give him the best QB in the league, he wins many super bowls.   If you give him the worst QB in the league, he struggles.   This season Belichek is playing with no queen and one his rooks missing on the board.  He should not ever beat someone with the full complement of pieces. 

The giants game notwithstanding, McDermott is very good at dominating games when his chess pieces (mainly due to Josh Allen) are better than the opposing teams pieces.   But given even pieces in a game, he looks like a good club player  not a master.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

The injuries to the 3 key players on D really took my hopes for this team down a notch or two, frustrating

Yup....losing Tre hurt but losing Matt & DQ was a death blow. Add that to Dorsey still dicking around with the offense and we'll be lucky to win 10 games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Daboll outcoached him despite both coaches and the game being terrible.

I agree...every time I try to support McD (Miami game), I get so angry watching this team absolutely FLAIL around versus someone like the Giants with a 2nd string qb.  Look how poorly we were prepared for Skylar Thompson.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Always hoping for the best - winning a super bowl.

But this year will be tough. For seeding or even making the playoffs we have road games @ CIN, PHI, KC, LAC, MIA and home games vs DAL, NYJ (yes, jets will be another tough game). That is 7 games that are no walk in the park. So getting to 12-5 is not a guarantee meaning we may be fighting for a wild card if MIA does not stumble. Their path is a bit easier with road games only at PHI and BAL. They get KC, BUF and DAL at home. They dont choke games Pats, LVR, WAS, NYJx2, and TEN they are at 11 wins right there. They only need to squeak out 1-2 of the tough ones to get to 12 wins. Feels like they have a much easier path to 12 than we do. But anything can happen and that is why we play the games. Week 17 is looking like to will be huge. Would not be surprised if its a pre-cursor to the wild card game the next week. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.