After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?

Chaos

After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the Bills end up this season?

• Winning the Super Bowl
    • Losing the Super Bowl
    • Losing the AFC Championship game
    • Losing in the AFC Divisional Playoffs
    • Losing in the AFC Wild Card Round
    • Missing the playoffs.
  2. 2. Has your outlook changed since before the season started

• Outlook is the same
    • Outlook is more optimistic
    • Outlook is more pessimistic

3 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

If it was easy there be 16 undefeated teams and 16 winless teams.

Again, that's oversimplifying it.  

We're not talking about perfection here, we're talking about consistency, and yes, other offenses are more consistent, aka better coached.  

Any notions that Dorsey's doing anything approaching an optimal job can be argued using the same approach.  If it were so difficult, then a bunch of other teams wouldn't be doing it.  

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Again, that's oversimplifying it.  

We're not talking about perfection here, we're talking about consistency, and yes, other offenses are more consistent, aka better coached.  

Any notions that Dorsey's doing anything approaching an optimal job can be argued using the same approach.  If it were so difficult, then a bunch of other teams wouldn't be doing it.  

I get it and yes, the Bills are inconsistent. But who's more consistent (beside the 2000 era Pats). KC is showing flaws. Everyone knows Miami will struggle. Bengals were 0-3. Eagles and SF look the most consistent in the league the past 2 years. And they (barring injury, etc) will get the playoffs. But SF took abit last year to look that good. And then they got good play out of a low draft pick.

I don't see that any different this year for the Bills. Allen is adjusting to not taking off or playing hero ball. It takes time to find that consistency and rhythm. I wish we had gotten a proven OC or at least brought in an asst HC on O to help Dorsey. But its not like the losses were Dorsey's fault. Lack of execution gave us our 2 losses.

47 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

I get it and yes, the Bills are inconsistent. But who's more consistent (beside the 2000 era Pats). KC is showing flaws. Everyone knows Miami will struggle. Bengals were 0-3. Eagles and SF look the most consistent in the league the past 2 years. And they (barring injury, etc) will get the playoffs. But SF took abit last year to look that good. And then they got good play out of a low draft pick.

I don't see that any different this year for the Bills. Allen is adjusting to not taking off or playing hero ball. It takes time to find that consistency and rhythm. I wish we had gotten a proven OC or at least brought in an asst HC on O to help Dorsey. But its not like the losses were Dorsey's fault. Lack of execution gave us our 2 losses.

Well, to start, when I referred to consistency, I was referring to our game-to-game offensive consistency under Dorsey, so this and last season, with a premier QB.  

This season SF has been notably more consistent offensively speaking.  17, 30, 30, 30, 35, and 42

So has Miami, whose lowest two scoring games were 20 and 24 points.  Ours, 14, 16, an 20.  

Detroit has been. 

Philly has been.  
KC, given the literal bunch of JAGs that they have as WRs has been suprisingly consistent.  Not high-scoring, but consistent, more consistent than we've been.  

Dallas has been inconsistent like us.  

Our highs are high, but our lows are low.  Some of it may have to do with Allen, but for that I would suggest that coaching, or lack of proper coaching.  Look at his ratings over the course of last season contrasted with those of the other top QBs, he's easily the least consistent in that regard.  

Run the standard deviation for scoring for every team's games and it'll be clear.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Well, to start, when I referred to consistency, I was referring to our game-to-game offensive consistency under Dorsey, so this and last season, with a premier QB.  

This season SF has been notably more consistent offensively speaking.  17, 30, 30, 30, 35, and 42

So has Miami, whose lowest two scoring games were 20 and 24 points.  Ours, 14, 16, an 20.  

Detroit has been. 

Philly has been.  
KC, given the literal bunch of JAGs that they have as WRs has been suprisingly consistent.  Not high-scoring, but consistent, more consistent than we've been.  

Dallas has been inconsistent like us.  

Our highs are high, but our lows are low.  Some of it may have to do with Allen, but for that I would suggest that coaching, or lack of proper coaching.  Look at his ratings over the course of last season contrasted with those of the other top QBs, he's easily the least consistent in that regard.  

Run the standard deviation for scoring for every team's games and it'll be clear.  

I'm not looking into numbers that much. They probably prove your point as far as scores. But in the end 3-4 games are all that will matter. Play well enough to be in the best position going into the playoffs. Then just win out. 

It's harder to be that repeat team in the free agency area (unless you cheat, aka 2000 pats). There is much more parity than in the past. Not like there is going to be an OC change this season for the Bills. So far, we can't get past the CF to go to the dance. If that doesn't happen this year, and play calling is mediocre during the rest of the season, new OC should happen.

This Allen era team is setting up to be talked about like the 90's team. Good team, very good O, but couldn't close the deal. But not one of the best. W-L record we look that way. But the Kelly era O was more effective and efficient. It also was something the league had not seen much of. Some of our WR route concepts now, do make me pause. We see far too many times where WR end up close to each other. Not sure if they are trying to setup the rub plays. Or think there is some advantage there that I can't fathom. And why we are so bad at executing screens, I can't understand. They better figure out quickly how to get Kincaid deeper. Otherwise, he was a wasted pick, and we should have picked or traded for a true #2 WR. 

So, let's hope continued adjustments happen, consistency sets in, and we get hot at the right time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Comments here bout Miami and other good teams make me laugh

i haven’t watche done team in the afc this year and think wow they got it together 

they are good but look terrible and are missing pieces like the Bills

early yet and we played some good teams 4-2 is where I thought we potentially would be

hated the 9-11 MNf against Rodgers (yea he got hurt I know)

didn’t like the London game.

im telling you lol with your short memories

miami is a mirage!!!  5-18 are their opponents - their wins aren’t impressive to me at all

They have a tough stretch here 2-3 they are losing and we will be back in first place in the afc shortly - Miami ends 2-3 games behind us in East 3-3 in division because I think we sweep them and they lose to the Jets one time if not both

but it doesn’t matter 

December on and how we grow and get stronger as a unit by then is the only thing that matters

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

Comments here bout Miami and other good teams make me laugh

i haven’t watche done team in the afc this year and think wow they got it together 

they are good but look terrible and are missing pieces like the Bills

early yet and we played some good teams 4-2 is where I thought we potentially would be

hated the 9-11 MNf against Rodgers (yea he got hurt I know)

didn’t like the London game.

im telling you lol with your short memories

miami is a mirage!!!  5-18 are their opponents - their wins aren’t impressive to me at all

They have a tough stretch here 2-3 they are losing and we will be back in first place in the afc shortly - Miami ends 2-3 games behind us in East 3-3 in division because I think we sweep them and they lose to the Jets one time if not both

but it doesn’t matter 

December on and how we grow and get stronger as a unit by then is the only thing that matters

5-24

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Drew21PA said:

Exactly lol

they finish the season

jets

cowboys

ravens

bills

yuck

Miami is a good team, but the way the media makes them out to be the best team in the AFCE or a legit Super Bowl contender is laughable. At least until they have a quality win under their belt. We will see what happens in Philly this Sunday night.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Miami is a good team, but the way the media makes them out to be the best team in the AFCE or a legit Super Bowl contender is laughable. At least until they have a quality win under their belt. We will see what happens in Philly this Sunday night.

I don't know if discussing the Dolphins as a contender is exactly laughable. Lots of football to go, but if the season end now, for the Bills to advance to the Super Bowl, (and things otherwise went according to seed), we would have to through Baltimore in Baltimore, KC in KC, and Miami in Miami.    

image.thumb.png.e31da4c0227c8ef62d7ffe7b3dd4d2be.png

Betting odds are probably the most accurate indicator of likelyhoods. It seems reasonable for people to have them in the discussion at his point in time. 
image.png.3a27100010de73a53cf83ccd5eb3278f.png

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 2

-I think we’re good enough to make the playoffs without Daquan Jones but I believe we should make a trade for a 1T (I don’t think Settle and Ford are good enough to sufficiently replace Jones). 

-Losing Tre really sucks.  Dane having plantar fasciitis hampers our cbs even more and I think it’s going to stick for awhile.  I’m not very confidant in Elam based on his play so far this year.  Benford has been banged up in his 2 seasons.  I think we should trade for a CB based on the above.

-Losing Milano is heartbreaking and our D will take a step back without him.  I like what I’ve seen from DW and I hope that they let him learn on the job.  I’m ok if we roll with what we have at LB.

- I’ve never been a fan of Dorsey or Spencer Brown.  Neither have show much improvement to my eye.  

I don’t think we’re currently a top 5 SB contender team based on all of the above.  3 major injuries and 2 weak links.  But that can change If we can get Milano and/or Jones back this season.  I feel our D can be elite, especially if we can add another good corner.  McD has looked great as DC.  Benford and Dane may be good enough, but I question if they’ll be healthy.  

Who else will suffer injuries on our team?  Who else will suffer injuries in other teams?

Will Dorsey improve?  Will Dalton Kincaid be used more effectively?  Can Josh and Diggs carry us to a championship?

36 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I don't know if discussing the Dolphins as a contender is exactly laughable. Lots of football to go, but if the season end now, for the Bills to advance to the Super Bowl, (and things otherwise went according to seed), we would have to through Baltimore in Baltimore, KC in KC, and Miami in Miami.    

Betting odds are probably the most accurate indicator of likelyhoods. It seems reasonable for people to have them in the discussion at his point in time. 

Miami is a playoff team no doubt I’m not disputing that

im disputing they win the afc East - they always look tough since Tua - during the first 6-7 weeks 

if this is the same script as last year they are going to lose this week - Tua have an injury and lose the next two 

he returns they win a few

then lose out in late December and january

indotn care as far as I’m concerned if your not 1st seed it doesn’t matter anymore in the playoffs 

if you’re a superbowl team we’ll?  You win no matter what - home or away

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

-I think we’re good enough to make the playoffs without Daquan Jones but I believe we should make a trade for a 1T (I don’t think Settle and Ford are good enough to sufficiently replace Jones). 

-Losing Tre really sucks.  Dane having plantar fasciitis hampers our cbs even more and I think it’s going to stick for awhile.  I’m not very confidant in Elam based on his play so far this year.  Benford has been banged up in his 2 seasons.  I think we should trade for a CB based on the above.

-Losing Milano is heartbreaking and our D will take a step back without him.  I like what I’ve seen from DW and I hope that they let him learn on the job.  I’m ok if we roll with what we have at LB.

- I’ve never been a fan of Dorsey or Spencer Brown.  Neither have show much improvement to my eye.  

I don’t think we’re currently a top 5 SB contender team based on all of the above.  3 major injuries and 2 weak links.  But that can change If we can get Milano and/or Jones back this season.  I feel our D can be elite, especially if we can add another good corner.  McD has looked great as DC.  Benford and Dane may be good enough, but I question if they’ll be healthy.  

Who else will suffer injuries on our team?  Who else will suffer injuries in other teams?

Will Dorsey improve?  Will Dalton Kincaid be used more effectively?  Can Josh and Diggs carry us to a championship?

I was with you till the last two weeks about the defense

mall things considered we lose an all pro in the middle yes

but I’ll give McDermott credit his defense has been doing well.  Jac game anomaly - they shut down barkley fairly well imo only gave up nine points and we’ll, had a play that showed their resilience when tested to win the game 

I think Dane and benford in the corners will grow and they will be really good - don’t let Elam close to the field again!

limebackers - young kids keep focused and stay hungry - they will be fine

TB43 turning into one of my favorites 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The Dolphins have played one good team (Bills) and got their asses kicked. To their credit they took advantage of a cupcake schedule to get their 5 wins. They are good but we will see how good they really are when playing tougher competition. So far, they are 0-1 in that category. Again, they are a good team but until they get some wins against quality teams, I would pump the brakes on all of this Super Bowl talk that the media is doing.

28 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Miami is a playoff team no doubt I’m not disputing that

im disputing they win the afc East - they always look tough since Tua - during the first 6-7 weeks 

if this is the same script as last year they are going to lose this week - Tua have an injury and lose the next two 

he returns they win a few

then lose out in late December and january

indotn care as far as I’m concerned if your not 1st seed it doesn’t matter anymore in the playoffs 

if you’re a superbowl team we’ll?  You win no matter what - home or away

I was with you till the last two weeks about the defense

mall things considered we lose an all pro in the middle yes

but I’ll give McDermott credit his defense has been doing well.  Jac game anomaly - they shut down barkley fairly well imo only gave up nine points and we’ll, had a play that showed their resilience when tested to win the game 

I think Dane and benford in the corners will grow and they will be really good - don’t let Elam close to the field again!

limebackers - young kids keep focused and stay hungry - they will be fine

TB43 turning into one of my favorites 

Agree with all except elam.  I’m not a fan of how’s he’s playing, but I think we can get away with playing him some Vs some of the teams the coming weeks.  I haven’t completely given up on him yet.  He’s still a piece of clay to me and I have confidence in McD.  That’s not to say I believe he’ll be good….. I just believe it’s possible

1 minute ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

If Brandon Beane doesn't see the importance of adding a true #2 WR

, he will be the reason this team failed.

This guy needs a rock to the head to wake him up....

Agree with you on upgrading at WR #2 but if Beane does anything I am guessing it will be for a DT, LB, or CB.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Season doesn't end today. Talk to me when Miami beats someone with a winning record.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

That would be welcome too but the #2 is a no brainer...

Yes, a #2 WR would be great but would not be a difference maker because of learning curve on routes and syncing with JA17.  DT would make the most sense.  

Edited by Ga boy
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.