After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?

Chaos

After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the Bills end up this season?

• Winning the Super Bowl
    • Losing the Super Bowl
    • Losing the AFC Championship game
    • Losing in the AFC Divisional Playoffs
    • Losing in the AFC Wild Card Round
    • Missing the playoffs.
  2. 2. Has your outlook changed since before the season started

• Outlook is the same
    • Outlook is more optimistic
    • Outlook is more pessimistic

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

at this point the season could either implode and result in coaching changes, or we could be a top team the rest of the way.

KC started 2-4 in 2021.... 

Unfortunately, Bills are not the Chiefs. Kyle Brandt said it best and I agree with that take. 

• Agree 1

If you had told me before the season started that the Bills would lose to the NY Jets without Aaron Rodgers, Jacksonville Jaguars, and a 1-5 NE Patriots I'd have said no freaking way.

Alas, the Bills found a way to lower themselves to a basement level. Now, with the defense, it's completely understandable considering they lost Milano, White, and Jones all out.

The offense though went into the toilet the last few games for some unknown reason. Josh was not very fond of the idea that the coaches were reigning him in and not allowing him to be him. I dunno...right now the Bills should be 6-1 and contending for home-field throughout and instead are starting to look like they might not even make the playoffs.

If they don't let Josh get back to being Josh...or help him get back to being himself and less reserved, this team won't make the playoffs.  After the devastating injuries, the defense isn't good enough to make up for any deficiencies by the offense, and Dorsey isn't good enough to lead this offense to its potential without Josh getting back to playing free and instinctually out there.  

We won't beat Cincy, KC, or Eagles having just 1 TD midway through the 4th quarter.  Those teams will all be able to score on us, and 2 of those teams have stout defenses as well.  So the offense needs to be clicking on all cylinders and be at its best for us to have compete and win those games.  Then you still have Cowboys, Chargers, Miami, Jets who are all capable of beating this team with the issues we have on defense and the way the offense is sputtering.  

So, unfortunately, the last 3 weeks have moved my pessimistic needle quite a bit, mainly because I don't trust Dorsey to get this offense back on track with sustained consistency.  He didn't do it last year and so far hasn't done it this year.  So our best chance is turn Josh loose, let him play free and make those crazy throws few or even only him can make.  Let him take off with his legs and truck or hurdle a guy when necessary to get a big first down, Josh feeds off that stuff and is the most fired up when making those kinds of plays.  It's time to give Josh back his swagger and mojo and let him go do what he does or this team is going to be in trouble unless Dorsey suddenly becomes an OC genius.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

at this point the season could either implode and result in coaching changes, or we could be a top team the rest of the way.

KC started 2-4 in 2021.... 

No they were 2-3 then 3-4 before finishing 12-5. Big difference is they were not losing to 1-5 teams. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Give them time to make scheme corrections, players to come off injury, players to develop and possibly a trade or two and they are right up there.  They can do it.  

We must allow Josh to at least partially return to his strength. Making off script plays and using his feet. Lamar said something yesterday I think also pertains to Josh. He said he's much more likely to get hurt in the pocket than when he's running. I believe this to be true for JA since his most recent 2 injuries were getting hit in the pocket. 

Continue to stress ball security but stop reigning in Josh. Let him be the cyborg that he is.  And go out and trade for a DT/CB.  Or maybe a Gabe replacement?  This can still be a 11-12 win season. Figure it out Dorsey.

On 10/17/2023 at 1:54 PM, Chaos said:

Where do you think the Bills end up this season?

If you voted previously, and wish to change your vote, you can do that pretty easily. 

I think this season depends on Von Miller. He just isn’t performing at the level he’s supposed to right now. If prime Von Miller shows up in the playoffs and the offense gets hot at the right time then a SB is entirely possibly. 

• Chaos changed the title to After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?

If we judge by the moment - we probably end up 9-8 or 10-7, and lose in the WC.

But I think we can turn it around. Another week of Joseph & Douglas learning the D will help - and who knows; we might get some bigtime reinforcements for the playoffs with Milano or Jones, or both.  And Knox.

So, I'll go 11-6, AFCCG.  Not a SB or title year, but a deeper run than we'd expect right now.

Laugh away.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.