After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?

Chaos

After nine games, where do you think the Bills end up this season?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the Bills end up this season?

• Winning the Super Bowl
    • Losing the Super Bowl
    • Losing the AFC Championship game
    • Losing in the AFC Divisional Playoffs
    • Losing in the AFC Wild Card Round
    • Missing the playoffs.
  2. 2. Has your outlook changed since before the season started

• Outlook is the same
    • Outlook is more optimistic
    • Outlook is more pessimistic

I feel the same. Super Bowl or bust. 
I think they are still capable of beating any team in the league. 
Im a fan of the high powered pass offense but it’s too much finesse and in the big games we constantly see defenses play more physical and ruin Buffalos whole offense. 
I am very encouraged by the run game, you see the life in the O line as they are winning matchups and getting fired up. Big difference from getting beat in pass pro repeatedly and everyone looking mopey and out of it. Now that they are trying to find a balance of high powered passing along with getting nasty and ugly in the run game. They can win in ways they could not in previous years. 
My only concern is Dorsey and injuries

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Always hoping for the best - winning a super bowl.

But this year will be tough. For seeding or even making the playoffs we have road games @ CIN, PHI, KC, LAC, MIA and home games vs DAL, NYJ (yes, jets will be another tough game). That is 7 games that are no walk in the park. So getting to 12-5 is not a guarantee meaning we may be fighting for a wild card if MIA does not stumble. Their path is a bit easier with road games only at PHI and BAL. They get KC, BUF and DAL at home. They dont choke games Pats, LVR, WAS, NYJx2, and TEN they are at 11 wins right there. They only need to squeak out 1-2 of the tough ones to get to 12 wins. Feels like they have a much easier path to 12 than we do. But anything can happen and that is why we play the games. Week 17 is looking like to will be huge. Would not be surprised if its a pre-cursor to the wild card game the next week. 

I think our best bet would be for a team like Miami to take out either KC or Cincy and then we end up playing them.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Oline is better than last year

Pass rush is better

We still have Allen

SuperBowl

OL is better: Maybe, maybe not

Allen sacked 9 times this year vs 9 times last year

Bills have 709 rushing yards on 162 attempts or 4.4 per vs 707 last year on 146 attempts or 4.8 per

Pass rush is better: Yes

23 sacks this year vs 19 last year

70 pressures this year vs 58 last year

21 hurries this year vs 15 last year

We still have Josh Allen: Allen last year better. I dont care if he is better at throwing the ball for a 1 yard gain. He is not throwing downfield yet still has more int's, less yards passing and rushing, less td's and is still getting hit a lot. 

Yards this year 1576 vs 1980 last year

TD's this year 13 vs 17 last year

Int's this year 6 vs 4 last year

Rushing yards this year 131 vs 257 last year

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think our best bet would be for a team like Miami to take out either KC or Cincy and then we end up playing them.

Exactly as it has been the last couple years. Just hasn’t played out that way. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

OL is better: Maybe, maybe not

Allen sacked 9 times this year vs 9 times last year

Bills have 709 rushing yards on 162 attempts or 4.4 per vs 707 last year on 146 attempts or 4.8 per

Pass rush is better: Yes

23 sacks this year vs 19 last year

70 pressures this year vs 58 last year

21 hurries this year vs 15 last year

We still have Josh Allen: Allen last year better. I dont care if he is better at throwing the ball for a 1 yard gain. He is not throwing downfield yet still has more int's, less yards passing and rushing, less td's and is still getting hit a lot. 

Yards this year 1576 vs 1980 last year

TD's this year 13 vs 17 last year

Int's this year 6 vs 4 last year

Rushing yards this year 131 vs 257 last year

Excellent post.

The eyeball test says the OL is better to me and I suspect to you as well. 

We know the offense started hot last year and slowed. It's been up and down all year so far. Jets, Jags, and Giants was bad. Versus Dolphins was unstoppable.  I still have faith in Allen. Dorsey and Knox are dead to me until they prove me wrong.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Excellent post.

The eyeball test says the OL is better to me and I suspect to you as well. 

We know the offense started hot last year and slowed. It's been up and down all year so far. Jets, Jags, and Giants was bad. Versus Dolphins was unstoppable.  I still have faith in Allen. Dorsey and Knox are dead to me until they prove me wrong.

Lets do an experiment - Dorsey stay home. Lets play a game with zero shotgun draws. Mix in shotgun with under center and playaction. Lets try Kincaid down the seam. More slants to Diggs with Harty running a deep post. Roll Josh out with guys running crossing routes. Let Josh take off if its open o run. Cook running upfield routes not just dump offs behind the line. Maybe try it and see how it goes. At least just ditch the shotgun draw for one game please. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Huge consensus the Bills will make the playoffs. 

I mean, 9-8 is going to get you in the playoffs. The AFC is the tougher conference but there's still a lot of bottom feeders. What happens in January has been the real question this entire offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Lets do an experiment - Dorsey stay home. Lets play a game with zero shotgun draws. Mix in shotgun with under center and playaction. Lets try Kincaid down the seam. More slants to Diggs with Harty running a deep post. Roll Josh out with guys running crossing routes. Let Josh take off if its open o run. Cook running upfield routes not just dump offs behind the line. Maybe try it and see how it goes. At least just ditch the shotgun draw for one game please. 

Love it!

• Agree 1

Last year, the injuries on defense really hurt the team - Miller, Poyer, Hyde, and Tre not being 100%.  I thought that if they remained healthy, given the improvements at guard and the addition of Leonard Floyd, the Bills could do it this year.  They still can, but I am more pessimistic with the losses of Milano, Jones, and White.  Plus, age and injury recovery may be catching up to Miller, Poyer, and Hyde.  They all look a bit slow out there.  Let's hope Miller can regain some form as the season goes on.  Poyer and Hyde are probably as good as we're going to get.  I love of all of those guys, but am trying to be objective based on what I've seen.

The offense has been up and down, but I think that if they stay healthy (which they have so far), that they'll get it together and be fine.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

Outlook is the same - this is the all-in year for this iteration of the team.  There is no tomorrow.

Next year is the remodel to take another shot at the Super Bowl in the first season in the new stadium with a different cast.

However, after six games here in 2023, while the defense is vastly improved, the offense remains the same we saw last year into the divisional game and this team still has a sleepwalking problem.  Offense needs to get its act together and evolve from where it was last year for the Bills to get over the hump.  

I feel like the offense has regressed without a reason other than Dorsey.  If Dorsey can get the offense in a rhythm (a big if), this should be the best team of the last couple years talent and performance wise.  

Last season kind of changed my outlook overall.  I remember a Patriots fan saying “the season doesn’t start until December” and when you look at 2022 he was right.  It doesn’t matter if your record is 13-3 as the #2 seed in the playoffs.  The home field is nice but winning a road playoff game is far from impossible.

I just want to see this team firing on all cylinders and going into the postseason strong.  If they aren’t the #1 seed, I could really care less whether they are #2 or #7

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

My guess is that this “Josh Allen is playing it safe, isn’t taking risks and isn’t running” is a season long strategy. Once they get to the playoffs they’re going to unleash him and we won’t be seeing very many punts. That being said, with the Bills injuries, they’ll make it to the Super Bowl and lose. Afc is weak this year 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Dislike 1

We might win the division or we might be the 5th seed. Either way, I still like us to probably get to round 2 before bowing out to a bigger team, probably Chiefs. 

Losing Milano and Daquon is going to be very difficult to come back from. Our cap situation just makes it so difficult to fix our problems via trade.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.