Week 7 Bills @ Patriots - on to Foxborough!

Draconator

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Uche and Reiff ruled OUT

Hunter Henry didn't practice until today...he may or may not play. Uche is a huge loss for them already down Judon.

Uche being out is HUGE, considering Judon already out.

Henry, even if he plays, will be very limited with his ankle.

Other teams dealing with key injuries helping to balance the deck past couple weeks.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Uche being out is HUGE, considering Judon already out.

Henry, even if he plays, will be very limited with his ankle.

Other teams dealing with key injuries helping to balance the deck past couple weeks.

I don't mind if Henry plays. Better him than Mike Gesicki. Dude always seems to play well against us. 

• Agree 4

22 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Not ruled out, but two straight DNP for a guy coming off playing 87% snaps and dinged up, with a game the following Thursday…

Just doesn’t bode well for having him full strength. Maybe they’re just giving him extended rest? We’ll see. 

Either way, no Ed WOULD hurt big time, if the speculative is more accurate. 

Have we had this yet?  Officially out

F86Hus2W0AAjtAv.thumb.jpg.4fd76ae9c41574c6c359f7bc940897e8.jpg

There's also this

Has anyone heard an injury update on Damien Harris? 

Does not sound great to put him on IR for a neck strain.  Though it's 4 games, so....

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Uche and Reiff ruled OUT

Hunter Henry didn't practice until today...he may or may not play. Uche is a huge loss for them already down Judon.

That's real trouble for the Pats.

We're basically as injured as they are - but our depth and talent is so superior to theirs. We can absorb it.  I don't think they can.

This game should be a blowout.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

That's real trouble for the Pats.

We're basically as injured as they are - but our depth and talent is so superior to theirs. We can absorb it.  I don't think they can.

This game should be a blowout.

The depth and talent dropped from meh to bad.  Ours dropped from Pro bowl to pretty good in a pinch.

Their team is bad across the board from starter to depth players.

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

we are also literally the only team Gesecki plays great against. The guy is meh against everyone else. I don’t get it.

He was elite in Miami with Tua against us.  Not sure that still holds true with the pats as he's done pretty much the same as the WRs that they have.  Below average play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

we are also literally the only team Gesecki plays great against. The guy is meh against everyone else. I don’t get it.

In two games last year he had a total of 2 catches for 11 yards.  The year before 3 for 48 and 3 for 41.  Not much to worry about.  He has had way better games than games against the Bills.  Last year the Bills were his worst games other than like 1 other team.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

In two games last year he had a total of 2 catches for 11 yards.  The year before 3 for 48 and 3 for 41.  Not much to worry about.  He has had way better games than games against the Bills.  Last year the Bills were his worst games other than like 1 other team.

I think I might be remembering 2020, when he had like 8/110 against us.

Damien Harris might retire? 

https://x.com/eriecountybulls/status/1715468923678679364?s=46&t=uEztWLHQe9squs0mVCzJCQ

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yeah, according to that tweet he's "mauling (sic) over his future" --which sounds like complete conjecture without any cited sources. Just some tweet from a UB Bulls/Buffalo Bills fan/update account. It's entirely possible that a former 5-star RB recruited by Alabama, then drafted to the NFL in the 3rd round, who played out his rookie deal and came in on a vet minimum, 1-year prove-it deal, now a 5th year depth guy suddenly recovering from an initially scary neck sprain/stinger, might be battling some existential demons. It's also very likely that this talented player with pedigree and starting experience (but has some documented availability issues) wants another chance, somewhere, to be the guy (and to be paid like the guy). 

Let's hope he's completely healthy soon, and gets to make a clear-headed decision about how to proceed with his NFL career. Short of a late-season and playoff explosion, he's gonna need to sign another prove-it deal and fight for opportunity in 2024. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Have we had this yet?  Officially out

F86Hus2W0AAjtAv.thumb.jpg.4fd76ae9c41574c6c359f7bc940897e8.jpg

There's also this

Has anyone heard an injury update on Damien Harris? 

Does not sound great to put him on IR for a neck strain.  Though it's 4 games, so....

serious injuries may make you rethink things

He may be mulling over his long term career... Scary injury ... Gotten 2 contracts 

Nobody says you need to destroy your body for football ... Coming from someone who destroyed his body 

He may be reconsidering things 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

A dog born in a stable isn’t a horse. 

and a Buffalo born in British pub is not a pterodactyl.

None of these have anything to do with citizenship.

If you are born in America, you are American by birthright.

A wildebeest born in a zoo is still not an Elephant.

Kincaid is still an American

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Anyone know of any Bills Backers Bars in Cape Town, South Africa??  😄  I am heading that way in about an hour.  I'll be in my hotel room by the time the game starts at 7 PM local time tomorrow.

If you find one I'll truly be amazed 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Anyone know of any Bills Backers Bars in Cape Town, South Africa??  😄  I am heading that way in about an hour.  I'll be in my hotel room by the time the game starts at 7 PM local time tomorrow.

Just walk into any bar with your hat and jersey and declare it a BB bar.  Once they learn where you’re from, you’ll be all set. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/20/2023 at 11:39 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

NE is going to pound the ball all game up the middle against us.  Lets see if we can stop it.

I agree that this will be NE's game plan on offense.  It will be a challenge for NE to pull it off.  Stevenson's ankle injury probably is a non-issue, but the Patriots have real problems on their offensive line, particularly at right tackle.  To pound the rock, you need more than just a couple of physical runners.  You need an offensive line that can get some push and open holes.  The other side of the equation is Buffalo's offense against a Belichick defense.  Recently, Belichick has been pretty much helpless in trying to slow down Josh Allen and the Bills' offense.  I don't see that changing.  If Buffalo gets up by a couple of touchdowns or more in the second half, they will be more than happy to let the Patriots keep trying to pound the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like the weather is much improved from earlier in the week.

Now it's supposed to be mid 50s and partly sunny with no chance of rain, winds around 15mph. Perfect weather for a game.

On 10/20/2023 at 11:39 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

NE is going to pound the ball all game up the middle against us.  Lets see if we can stop it.

They've been terrible at that all year long.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Just walk into any bar with your hat and jersey and declare it a BB bar.  Once they learn where you’re from, you’ll be all set. 

At this point in world affairs, we are not keen on announcing where we are from.  Trying to keep a low profile and not draw any attention to ourselves.  🫥

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

If you find one I'll truly be amazed 

Someone here turned me on to DAZN sports streaming. First month free.  I cancelled right after I watched the miami game in Germany. Works great and even was able to cast it to my hotel room TV. 

Unfortunately, you won’t be surrounded by drindl wearing German girls as was I. 

I wanted to take a moment to send a shout out to Tre' .

Probably seems like folks callously move on, but sports can be like that. Hard for me to forget how hard that hit him when it happened.

Would have loved seeing him anchoring that DB spot all season.

You can tell that losing him took some of the air out of this team, but everyone is wishing him a full recovery.

The season keeps rolling along, but it is safe to say we have not forgotten him.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

At this point in world affairs, we are not keen on announcing where we are from.  Trying to keep a low profile and not draw any attention to ourselves.  🫥

Sadly, true.  And “Mafia” might have different meanings in other parts of the world. Stay safe and hope you can enjoy the game with some fans!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

serious injuries may make you rethink things

He may be mulling over his long term career... Scary injury ... Gotten 2 contracts 

Nobody says you need to destroy your body for football ... Coming from someone who destroyed his body 

He may be reconsidering things 

I imagine when you played, much like myself, it was in an era on the eve or before of the most recent science behind long term effects on the body, head trauma, etc.

Players today very well know, and I think this point is right on, as we’ve seen many fantastic players cut it quits early in their careers. 

That being said, for a lot of these guys, I think they believe the risk is worth the $$$. 

10 hours ago, Pete said:

and a Buffalo born in British pub is not a pterodactyl.

None of these have anything to do with citizenship.

If you are born in America, you are American by birthright.

A wildebeest born in a zoo is still not an Elephant.

Kincaid is still an American

Find out what the stipulations of the helmet stickers are and get back to us. I've never seen Kincaid claim he is Canadian.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I imagine when you played, much like myself, it was in an era on the eve or before of the most recent science behind long term effects on the body, head trauma, etc.

Players today very well know, and I think this point is right on, as we’ve seen many fantastic players cut it quits early in their careers. 

That being said, for a lot of these guys, I think they believe the risk is worth the $$$. 

of course

If you're a football player through and through you know the risks and don't care... JJ Watt was never going to be an accountant

The dude is a football player... No matter if he had 25 surgeries or not... He'd keep playing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.