Week 7 Bills @ Patriots - on to Foxborough!

Draconator

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Josh can scramble and slide or go out of bounds 25 times in the game.  That's fine with me. Just don't absorb unnecessary contact.   Also, get rid of the ball in the pocket before getting hammered (when possible).

I think the problem that the coaching staff has with Josh is that he gets, as Beane says, "lathered up" in the heat of the game, and his competitive nature won't let him slide or go OOB.

If Josh were able to discipline himself run and slide or go OOB more consistently as Mahomes does so that he absorbed less contact, his running wouldn't be as much of an issue.

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Maybe we should start a new tradition for Patriots week.

Limericks?

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There once was a team from Nantucket

Who all said Josh will just chuck it

So they went with Mac Jones

Who just can't read zones

Now their fans all shout "f*** it!" 

I hate all you guys.

3 years ago when I wanted to do this, to add to the Haku's with the another divisional rival, other than my attempt it was crickets from you guys.

Yes, the style of poem I picked was Villanelle which consists of 19 lines lines, in the form of five tercets and a closing quatrain, wherein the tercets follow the rhyme scheme ABA, while the quatrain’s rhyme scheme is ABAA and has the first line repeating in lines 6, 12, and 18 of the poem, while the third line repeats in lines 9, 15, and 19.

It would have been fun and merriment for all, but nooooooo, that's too much for all of you guys.  You all want to stick with your "roses are red, violets are blue, those are the Bills' colors and I like them too!" garbage.

Fine.

I guess the answer to the eternal Martini Ranch (RIP, Bill) question "How Can The Laboring Man Find Time For Self-Culture?" is most assuredly NOT TSW.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

he DOES fall on the top of his shoulder. It is the Dexter Lawrence hit that he falls onto his shoulder and grabs. Shoulder is tucked and he lands right on the top/outside of it. Are you thinking of a different hit?

I'm not speculating on the injury, just that it definitely looks like he falls on the top of his shoulder. 

Ah, can't remember what I was watching but they said Allen was injured and showed a different play.  I think it was the Okereke roughing call?  He falls backward but at an angle to that the impact hits his shoulder blade.  That would NOT be an AC injury play, but what you describe is exactly the kind of play that causes that injury.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think the problem that the coaching staff has with Josh is that he gets, as Beane says, "lathered up" in the heat of the game, and his competitive nature won't let him slide or go OOB.

If Josh were able to discipline himself run and slide or go OOB more consistently as Mahomes does so that he absorbed less contact, his running wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Josh is still great at taking hits for lack of a better term, he won't usually just get smashed unless he's the one who's doing it. When he gets tackled on the run it's just usually not a big hit on him.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yes, the style of poem I picked was Villanelle which consists of 19 lines lines, in the form of five tercets and a closing quatrain, wherein the tercets follow the rhyme scheme ABA, while the quatrain’s rhyme scheme is ABAA and has the first line repeating in lines 6, 12, and 18 of the poem, while the third line repeats in lines 9, 15, and 19.

If I see one more post about quatrain's rhyme scheme...

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Diggs’s success against the Pats since becoming a Bill suggests otherwise as he averages 95 yards and a TD against BB. 

Now, BB doesn't have to put a spy on Allen because he's not a great to run. That extra player will be used to double Diggs. You can bank on it. 

Diggs is about 40% of the Bills offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think he's right with his answer.  We're trying to become more balanced in our approach which should bode well for poor weather games, as well as just playoff football in general.  It isn't a finished... product - nor is it ever.  

I think its ridiculous to outright ask if you're going to demote your offensive coordinator when the team has some of these numbers.

2nd in NFL in 3rd down conversions.

2nd in NFL in red zone TD%

5th in yards

3rd in points

12th in rushing (with allen contributing at the lowest clip of his career)

Factor in Allen having just... a terrible night in NY to start the season, and the offense playing their worst game last week - and we're still up there.  Like what are we doing?  

I think sometimes you have to also look beyond stats. Be honest, were you pleased with the teams performance and flow of the Jets, Jax or Giants game? Did any of these games really line up with the stats? I believe we could have played so much better with a better gameplan and play calls. I also think Josh covers up a lot of issues within the gameplan. Thank goodness the D has been playing well otherwise things could be much worse imo.

• Agree 1

Should we be concerned with Oliver starting to collect PF's.  Got fined $30K in week 5, and suspect he will collect another fine for the PF on Sunday night.  Pretty soon he gets into Suh or Burfict territory. I've seen on the board, that once you start collecting these, the zebras are extra vigilant.

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Now, BB doesn't have to put a spy on Allen because he's not a great to run. That extra player will be used to double Diggs. You can bank on it. 

Diggs is about 40% of the Bills offense. 

Teams can't double Diggs when we're under center and running the ball consistently, because they have to bring a safety down into the box. 

Then they leave one safety deep up top with single coverage on Diggs and Davis. 

That's why we're killing teams out of play action from under center. Because they can't sit back with 7 or 8 in coverage and double the outside receivers. 

So not only do the Bills run the ball much more effectively from under center, they also throw the ball best in the league from under center... And they still have to spy Allen with his run ability on the roll out...

The main reason the offense sputtered against the Jags and the first half of the Giants game is bc Dorsey refuse to line up and run the ball consistently form under center. 

We don't need 20-25 RB runs. But we need at least 12-15 from under center with an additional 10-15 passes from under center. 

And they need to lean on it in the first half of games to attack the opposing defensive line and wear them down. 

• Like (+1) 2

FWIW, Banged Up Bills analysis of injuries

"stinger" for Cam Lewis
Concussion/neck sprain for Damien Harris

He thinks Allen has AC Joint sprain

He points out that Allen's completion percentage dropped when he was recovering from an AC joint sprain on his non-throwing shoulder in 2020.  But, he expects Josh to get pain control and tape/bracing and play through it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.