Week 7 Bills @ Patriots - on to Foxborough!

Draconator

Don't like that news about Dalton Kincaid, although if the Bills did Victory Monday and then take Tues off, it doesn't matter....he is hopefully close, since he was practicing last week.

And for the Dorsey tar-and-pitchforks crowd:

John Wawrow, Tim Graham, and at least one other reporter pushed McDermott pretty hard this point in various permutations.  But I guess we ride-n-die with Dorsey, so to speak.  On the other hand, there's this:

I saw that there's already an "on to the Pats" topic, but a quick review showed it's ~4 pages of Giants post-game stuff so I thought it might be nice to start new.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

• Simon pinned this topic

Pats have been so weird this year.

- They lost by 5 points to the Eagles and had the ball in the red zone at the end of the game with a chance to win. 

- They lost by 7 points to the Dolphins and had the ball at the Phins 33 yard line at the end of the game with a chance to tie.

- Lost to the Raiders by 4 (although the Raiders had the backup in for half the game).

Then they got smoked by the Cowboys and Saints (wtf?)

I’m not sure what my point is other than they’ve been very up and down. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Bills have to win a close one like the Eagles and Dolphins did.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

- They lost by 5 points to the Eagles and had the ball in the red zone at the end of the game with a chance to win. 

- They lost by 7 points to the Dolphins and had the ball at the Phins 33 yard line at the end of the game with a chance to tie.

- Lost to the Raiders by 4 (although the Raiders had the backup in for half the game).

I’m not sure what my point is other than they’ve been very up and down. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Bills have to win a close one like the Eagles and Dolphins did.

I think they had Judon and Gonzalez available for the Fins and Eagles game.  Injuries have turned them from a below average team to a really bad team.  Even last week they got banged up with White, Henry, and Usche not returning to the Raiders game.

• Like (+1) 2

The burner is on under Dorsey's seat now. The Q. to McD were pretty pointed.

Are you considering changing play callers on offense. Then when McD did the coach speak of I'm happy with some of the things we've done on offense, the reporter asked him what exactly it is he's happy with the O. 😳 Rude, but they weren't going to be snowed. I think the point was made to McD that people aren't impressed w/ Dorsey. If it doesn't improve those Q. will be more frequent and more pointed.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, MJS said:

We need to stack wins. Period.

Yeah, get to 6-2 before the bengals game and then take a look around to see what is going on.

beating the bengals, in Cincy, which is still a tall order would get us back on track to where I thought we’d be after 9. 

I just thought they would likely be 7-2 then.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Let me see if I can explain..

Eagles/Miami/ Jets we had Judon and Gonzalez and the D was hard to score against. Offense was a turnover Machine.

Cowboys/Saints — no Judon but worse Gonzalez was out, this was worse because he was our #1 CB and behind him all the other CB were injured as well so now we are down to 4th and 5th stringers. Oh and Jones threw 

Raiders - they traded for Jackson who is a competent CB and the D got right. They could have won if Parker wasn’t a bum. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Well, at least it's starting to get a little noisier around Dorsey and his play calling. McD may be saying Zero chance now, but it will be in his mind and get louder if things don't get better quickly. Especially if this weekend turns out to be anything like the last couple of weeks.

Agree, starting to make some noise could help for sure. 

Or Dorsey understands that he must improve the creativity of this offense, more run plays, less shotgun and stop with this 2 to none yards passes through the sticks, or better give him another task, everything but the OC. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hoping the Bills can get out to a huge lead in the 1st half, so the 2nd half is basically garbage time. Not just for the obvious reason but they will have a short week as they play Tampa on Thursday. It would be nice if the Bills could rest their starters for the 2nd half with a quick turnaround to the next game.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Hoping the Bills can get out to a huge lead in the 1st half, so the 2nd half is basically garbage time. Not just for the obvious reason but they will have a short week as they play Tampa on Thursday. It would be nice if the Bills could rest their starters for the 2nd half with a quick turnaround to the next game.

There is zero percent chance starters are rested for the second half. Even if we are up 30, starters will not be pulled then. MAYBE for most of the 4th quarter IF we were up by 4 scores, but a whole half??? 

Your point is valid, would be nice for some key guys to play less than a full game. Most important is just getting the dub. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I expect a closer-than-many-expect game.  Of course, the last 2 weeks for the Bills offense maybe sparks them to execute and get into a rhythm and put up points early.  If we get into a close game and let the Pats hang around that plays into the Patriots favor similar to the Giants game.  Hopefully we can come out and put some good scoring drives together early to get the early breathing room and hopefully force some mistakes from the Pats.

4 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Well, at least it's starting to get a little noisier around Dorsey and his play calling. McD may be saying Zero chance now, but it will be in his mind and get louder if things don't get better quickly. Especially if this weekend turns out to be anything like the last couple of weeks.

One would hope Sean is in Dorseys ear, Dorsey has been less than hoped for the last two games, 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think they had Judon and Gonzalez available for the Fins and Eagles game.  Injuries have turned them from a below average team to a really bad team.  Even last week they got banged up with White, Henry, and Usche not returning to the Raiders game.

Andrews (center) also went out.. it’s confusing because the rookie replaced him is also Andrews lol. 

I think any team losing 2 top caliber players like that on D going be hurting. The D is still good but against both the Saints and Cowboys they were always on the field because the O couldn’t mount any sort of drives at all.. 

47 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I expect a closer-than-many-expect game.  Of course, the last 2 weeks for the Bills offense maybe sparks them to execute and get into a rhythm and put up points early.  If we get into a close game and let the Pats hang around that plays into the Patriots favor similar to the Giants game.  Hopefully we can come out and put some good scoring drives together early to get the early breathing room and hopefully force some mistakes from the Pats.

Don’t worry Jones will throw at least 1 pass to the Bills and give them opportunity on 1 or 2 more.  

8 hours ago, DapperCam said:

With our broken offense, this game has a very high probability to be close.

Edited by Nuncha
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.