Pass Interference?

newcam2012

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Looks like PI to me. Can you imagine if a Giant CB did this to a Bill?

Sure looks like the Bills caught a huge break. 

What does everyone think?

If the scenario were reversed, you'd create a thread or at least make a post saying "the bills should've played better and not let it come down to a ref no call".

Also you would've lambasted McDermott for calling a throw on the 1 yard line when you have Saquon Barkley.

Edited by What a Tuel

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It was holding and DPI. 

Honestly it was way worse than the previous call against Bernard. I thought they could have let the Bernard one go. 

Got lucky

Well... If they let the Bernard call go. Bills will right there.  Can't have the second play without the first call. 

Maybe it was a make-up no-call. 

I dont think it was that egregious.  In ultra slo mo it looks worse than it really was.  They could have thrown a flag for sure, but it shouldnt be an outrage that they didnt.

Giants fans should be furious about the Giants' clock management fiasco in the final minutes of the 1st half.  Daboll bungled that thing up long before the goal line.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Contact initiated by Waller. Overthrown pass. Good no call. 

The contact by Waller needs to be pointed out more. If Taron doesn't grab on there, Waller creates separation and potentially makes the catch and we are all complaining they didn't call a push off. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Well... If they let the Bernard call go. Bills will right there.  Can't have the second play without the first call. 

Maybe it was a make-up no-call. 

I don't think they should have let the Bernard call go but I think it should have been holding (5 yards) rather than DPI (spot foul) 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Home field advantage 🤔 how many times have we seen TB 12 get the call in Foxboro usually the Bills are the ones not getting the call i think there were a few in London that were called that shouldn't have been !

So yah that was definitely 1 that the Bills got away with but i'll take the gift & say thank you for it !! 

As Ugly as it was there is still a W in that column ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

newcam, always looking to find a way to stir up issues since he's not an actual Bills fan but rather a troll.

I will however agree we got lucky on the no call there, but between the missed calls earlier in the game that screwed us and last week; we certainly deserved a break for a change.

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Home field advantage 🤔 how many times have we seen TB 12 get the call in Foxboro usually the Bills are the ones not getting the call i think there were a few in London that were called that shouldn't have been !

So yah that was definitely 1 that the Bills got away with but i'll take the gift & say thank you for it !! 

As Ugly as it was there is still a W in that column ...

Bills were the "home" team in London! 😉 

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

newcam, always looking to find a way to stir up issues since he's not an actual Bills fan but rather a troll.

I will however agree we got lucky on the no call there, but between the missed calls earlier in the game that screwed us and last week; we certainly deserved a break for a change.

They ain't gonna call it everytime..every yikes... That's why a player has to make an infraction instead of letting him catch it.

Why I speed on one end of town when I see the whole police shift on the other side of town. 😆 Can't be in two places at one time. 😉

Situational awareness... And little Taron Johnson exhibited it! Smart, calculated move!

NOT gonna call a TickyTacky penalty twice @ 0:00...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Bills were the "home" team in London! 😉 

You & the NFL can call it what ever you want but they weren't in Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park - NY so IMHO anyway you look at it that's a A WAY FAR AWAY game not a home game .

Personally I wish they'd do AWAY with those games the only reason i watched it is because it was the Bills ! Iwould much rather see that money that is going to the English economy stay in WNY ... But that's just me .

Any other team in that series i don't watch .

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, T master said:

You & the NFL can call it what ever you want but they weren't in Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park - NY so IMHO anyway you look at it that's a A WAY FAR AWAY game not a home game .

Personally I wish they'd do AWAY with those games the only reason i watched it is because it was the Bills ! Iwould much rather see that money that is going to the English economy stay in WNY ... But that's just me .

Any other team in that series i don't watch .

Agree! ***** England 🇬🇧!

Gonna get interesting when they start ripping people off on their PSLs over this International BS!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

OK, so the Bills got away with one. But the Giants got away with one when tripping wasn't called on the first offensive drive which would have put the Bills in excellent field position when everything was clicking so not going to cry too much for them.

and then the tv official mentioned that as long as the defender was looking at the ball when he tripped the receiver it was perfectly legal on the second time it happened? I shook my head on that take. 

58 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Seems that a DB who is beaten who trips the receiver with his foot is never going to be called based on last night. "Incidental contact"

Yeah that a weird one. Should be teaching guys how to get tangled up in someone’s feet.  A runner turns back for an under thrown ball and the db makes contact its a penalty, guy trips someone who’s looks like he’s gonna get a catch and much more, no call. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

and then the tv official mentioned that as long as the defender was looking at the ball when he tripped the receiver it was perfectly legal on the second time it happened? I shook my head on that take. 

I guess the argument is, if he's looking at the ball, then the trip is accidental. If he's not looking at the ball then it isn't.

I'm not sure why people are constantly surprised at the officials missing calls. They are incompetent, old and often out of position or unsighted . I thought the first DPI was legit but the 2nd was a good non call.  What I am really concerned with is that our defensive backs dont seem to be ball hawking or even turning to face the passes being thrown. That happened repeatedly. Is the new style of pass defense in the NFL to just stare at the receivers eyes and just wave your arms in front of them? and why is a tall DB not a thing in the NFL. These jump ball like passes in the endzone would be better suited for a tall DB.

21 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Is Mac a bust?

Asking for a friend.

He looks broken that’s for sure! I don’t regret them picking him he was the best option at 15 and looking at all the others ahead of him.. Outside of Lawrence (which they had 0 chance to get) he was the next best option and IMO he may just be a decent backup. 

• Like (+1) 1

Clear DPI.

Biggest reason it is not called is refs don’t want to throw back to back DPI’s at the end of a game like this. 

I would argue the first one against Bernard was the most egregious. Really had to call that one. The one by Johnson was much less egregious. Both players start with hand checking each other but when Waller tries to go up for the catch Johnson never let’s go with his right hand. we have seen similar plays go uncalled. I think a famous one by Luke Kuechly comes to mind. 

Second reason the play goes uncalled might be because the back judge under he goal post appears to be blocked out from Waller’s left side where the holding is occurring. 

I would say that it probably was DPI and a flag COULD have been thrown there.

But I will also say that it was not a "missed" call, as the official was right there, literally a few feet away from the play. He was just outside the endzone -- so he had a great view of the play as well as what transpired during the whole sequence. My guess is that he saw the initial contact made by Waller and the continued hand fighting that went on between both players and elected to keep the flag in his pocket. I think that was reasonable.

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Why did you shake your head?  That's actually true.  Incidental contact where your feet get tangled up while looking at the ball and running is NOT PI.  

To understand rules, you actually have to know how they apply to all situations...too many people only know the basic rules but not the nuances.

Edited by Big Turk

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Why did you shake your head?  That's actually true.  Incidental contact where your feet get tangled up while looking at the ball and running is NOT PI.  

To understand rules, you actually have to know how they apply to all situations...too many people only know the basic rules but not the nuances.

It wasn't foot contact, it was a player losing his footing and grabbing his opponents foot to trip him up but I know it was "incidental".

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

I'm not sure why people are constantly surprised at the officials missing calls. They are incompetent, old and often out of position or unsighted . I thought the first DPI was legit but the 2nd was a good non call.  What I am really concerned with is that our defensive backs dont seem to be ball hawking or even turning to face the passes being thrown. That happened repeatedly. Is the new style of pass defense in the NFL to just stare at the receivers eyes and just wave your arms in front of them? and why is a tall DB not a thing in the NFL. These jump ball like passes in the endzone would be better suited for a tall DB.

1 play from the 1 yard line.  Everyone has to be on the LOS or they're going to run it.  They went for a high point back line throw to their best offensive weapon for that target.  You cannot get your head around as they're at an advantage almost immediately and you're chasing.  

7 hours ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

It all evens out.  Earlier in the game the bills WR was tackled and they didn’t get either call.  Actually, it happened twice.  

I don't know. It looked to me that Davis and Sherfield both tripped over their own feet. The DB's hand might have brushed Davis' leg, but it looked like he was going down, anyway. 

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I had to watch this twice, after Collinsworth mentioned it to notice the jersey grab and then a third and fourth time to actually see and understand the grab limiting his arm usage. I think the refs didnt see it in real time like me because of the white gloves against the white jersey. Bills finally got a call, i'm ok with it!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.