Trades?

Cuboirs

When the Eagles lost Davis to a sprained ankle last year (I think around week 9) and immediately became a terrible run defense they brought in 2 DTs Suh and Joseph and shored up the D line.  

You HAVE to do something if you’re still a Super Bowl contender.   

At the very least it sends a message to the team “we aren’t done.” 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2

I doubt it.  Won’t rule it out, but seems unlikely, at least until they see how the D looks once the he guys who aren’t out for the season are back (Benford, Groot, Von) and mix with the guys stepping up for the ones filling in for the ones that are.  

• Agree 1

Big Trades mid season are challenging.

1. Cap space

2. It has to make sense for the other team and if you’re reaching out, the other team has more leverage 

3. Learning a new system mid season.

Maybe a small trade is possible, but I think bills have to rely on their depth 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every year we talk about it and every year we do nothing important. I wouldn’t waste another minute, I’d call Denver tonight and say name your price for Surtain…we won’t do anything though and it’s a waste of a thread unfortunately 

I don't know about name your price, but yes I would be in on Surtain big time

• Like (+1) 2

I’d entertain a blockbuster trade for Surtain if Denver is listening, given he has another year on his rookie deal, plus the fifth year option.  

Other than that, I think Poona replaces Jones .. Williams gears up to replace Milano .. and we roll with Benford/Jackson and likely Ingram as depth, with Elam inactive depth. 

I do think Beane will be open to scheme fit starters like Levi Wallace if he can make the move for a Day 3 pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’d be more inclined to trade away guys and get as much as we can in an effort to trade up the entire draft to take Harrison Jr. 

The terrible thing is, we would do that and McD would keep him inactive for 4 weeks. 

Sounds like you giving up on the season? 

Maybe.  It depends on the following:

- Are Milano & Jones definitely gone for this season?  If either can make it back for the playoffs, stand pat at their position.

- How do the replacements do?  Williams might be alright.  I was excited when we signed Poona Ford.  Both will be a dropoff, but in a D like this, maybe not significant enough to warrant any other moves.

• Agree 1

Eventually you have to go all in. Von won't be a long-term answer for us. Tre White might never play again. It won't be that long before Diggs is over the hill and Allen is getting into his 30s. The mantra "keep building for the future" doesn't work when the future is now. Most of the other Super Bowl contenders in recent years made a mid-season trade to fill a hole. We now have several holes - WR2, CB, DT, WLB. From left to right those are positions where I would like to see us make a move. Just one is fine. If we stand pat how can we realistically compete with a team like the 49ers?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I think you make a deal at the right moment. And that moment is in three weeks. See where the season is at 10/24-10/31.

If we're 6-2 on the 26th then yes we absolutely have to make a dynamic "all-in" move going into the Cincy revenge game.  Either a CB or LB.  Take your pick, and depending on DQJ it might involve a DT?

53 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every year we talk about it and every year we do nothing important. I wouldn’t waste another minute, I’d call Denver tonight and say name your price for Surtain…we won’t do anything though and it’s a waste of a thread unfortunately 

It would make no difference.   We have lost Milano and we can’t fix that.  Also, offensively this team is unable to run to establish a rhythm.  James Cook is not the answer.  Also, we have no receivers other than Diggs that can create enough separation consistently to help Allen.  This season is over.  

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I don't know about name your price, but yes I would be in on Surtain big time

I agree. You trade even a first and second that can become a first for what is basically a guy you would draft if available (but would not be where we pick).  Pair him and Benford.  Then the depth returns with Jackson and Elam. 

Less worried about LB but would get Klien back for depth. 

23 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we're 6-2 on the 26th then yes we absolutely have to make a dynamic "all-in" move going into the Cincy revenge game.  Either a CB or LB.  Take your pick, and depending on DQJ it might involve a DT?

Fill the biggest difference making position. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eventually you have to go all in. Von won't be a long-term answer for us. Tre White might never play again. It won't be that long before Diggs is over the hill and Allen is getting into his 30s. The mantra "keep building for the future" doesn't work when the future is now. Most of the other Super Bowl contenders in recent years made a mid-season trade to fill a hole. We now have several holes - WR2, CB, DT, WLB. From left to right those are positions where I would like to see us make a move. Just one is fine. If we stand pat how can we realistically compete with a team like the 49ers?

and the 49ers, one may recall, made the move for CMC that we should have.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It’s too late man.

4 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I don't think Poona will be the replacement for Jones.  Poona hasn't been active for any games.  Must be a reason for that.

Maybe, but it could also be due to the fact he’s a 1T and teams don’t typically rotate in a bunch of 1T‘s.  

Especially not this defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.