Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

I may get beat up for this but that drop late in the 3rd quarter by Davis was an absolute killer. I just felt if Buffalo punched it in on that drive and took the lead the flood gates may have opened.

If I don’t hear the phrase “Big play Gabe” ever again I will be OK with that.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I don't have it in me to listen to the post game...

has there been an update on Daquan Jones injury?  I saw pec earlier and that is not good.  they usually only list that as an injury if it later ends up being torn.  What was von millers injury?  Rich Eisen was to busy trying to be pat summerall to give actual information.

the Dolphins just basically won their game, they only need about 13 points and they will probably score 40 + today.

the worst part about today is I dont see how they beat KC, Baltimore, Miami, Cincy etc.. without milano.

I don't want to hear about London ever again at this point.

I'm stilling hoping for the best this season. 

However, I don't think this team can go far enough without Milano and Tre. 

4 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Knox, Kincaid, Harty, Sherfield, and James Cook. Are invisible in this offense. Not just today but have been all season. Minus the one breakout game from Cook. It’s a problem. We need more production from this offense outside of Diggs and Davis.

Players o OC issue ? 

2 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

See like, the team just isn't constructed in a way that will maximize the offense ... you have a defensive head coach and an inexperienced, unproven offensive coordinator trying to maximize an MVP-level talent in Josh Allen ... it just seems destined to fail.  Imagine Josh with a Shanahan, an Andy Reid, hell even Brian Daboll ... these sorts of garbage offensive games just wouldn't happen.  And that's ultimately on ownership.  Do you want to ***** win, or not?

The Bills had Brian Daboll in 2021 and they put up 6 against the Jags… 

Edited by billsfan89

Just now, sven233 said:

It's not the loss.  Yes, the game was awful and the refs were some of the worst I have ever seen.  But it's not the loss.  That was always a possibility trying to play a professional football game on basically 1 night's sleep in 3 days.  The decision to leave so late in week was a terrible one.  Regardless, it's not about the loss.  We're going to lose games this season.

What this is about is the injuries.  And not just the injuries, but the major injuries to the most important players on the defense.  By the end of this game, we had 6 starters on defense out.  And for some of those players, it is going to be multiple weeks, if not the season. 

This is the real issue with this game.

From a season perspective that's true. We lost a lot more than a game. But unfortunately that's the NFL for you.

Predictable outcome.  Big win last week in critical game.  Fly overseas.  Highly motivated Jags team totally acclimated.  On to next week.  Everything is still before this team.  Injuries troubling. but that's football.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, BernieBill said:

See like, the team just isn't constructed in a way that will maximize the offense ... you have a defensive head coach and an inexperienced, unproven offensive coordinator trying to maximize an MVP-level talent in Josh Allen ... it just seems destined to fail.  Imagine Josh with a Shanahan, an Andy Reid, hell even Brian Daboll ... these sorts of garbage offensive games just wouldn't happen.  And that's ultimately on ownership.  Do you want to ***** win, or not?

These garbage games wouldn't happen with Daboll? Really? Seem to recall them happening quite a bit.

Shanahan and Josh would be intriguing. Shanahan likes running to a fixed plan; can Josh stick to one consistently?

2 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

I mean we can cry about that if we want.

But we played like dogs on offence. You read your stats all you like. Our playcalling was ass. That’s not a result of tiredness. 

Execution is...playcalls only are complained about when the execution fails.

3 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Brian Daboll was the o-coordinator 2 years ago when we lost to the Jaguars 9-6.

Your post is just awful.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3

These type of losses continue the trend under McDermott. The lack of consistency and not having his teams ready to go has been a reoccurring trend throughout his tenure. He’s a good coach but every season he has a couple games that they struggle to make any adjustments and the team isn’t ready to go. You keep hoping it’s gonna improve but it’s what’s keeping him from being a top tier coach. The lack of energy by the team is unacceptable and in crucial situations he continues to not get it done. 

Unprepared, penalties and injuries in week 5 on full display. Where is the veteran leadership and scheme adjustment by the staff? McDermott keep dialing up pressure leaving his already depleted secondary to get exploited. Not even sure what Dorsey’s plan was today but it was beyond bad.

You just can’t have two losses like this in a very competitive AFC. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, JohnMurphyHamFetish said:

The refs loose all credibility for calling a fair game after the ridley punch no call. I know it's easy and fashionable to blame refs but that solidified the ticky tacky bs calls as I look at them as more of an influence on the game than the jags play on the field. 

I never want to blame solely the refs, but that crew was abysmal today. The number of holding calls the Bills were being flagged with, while the Jags O-line were literally riding our D-line into the ground was entirely lopsided. 

and the phantom offensive PI on Knox should get the entire crew fired. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

These garbage games wouldn't happen with Daboll? Really? Seem to recall them happening quite a bit.

Shanahan and Josh would be intriguing. Shanahan likes running to a fixed plan; can Josh stick to one consistently?

Daboll HC, Dorsey as OC, and ? As DC. 

Id take that all day.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Shocker, the anti-McD takes come out the second we lose a game. Where was this last week?

This game isn't about McD. It's about injuries! Losing Milano is close to putting a nail in the coffin with Tre out too. 

Let's face it Hyde and Poyer aren't the same duo either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dorsey's first half offense was abysmal. Problem was, crap wasn't working and he kept doing the same crap! After the 2nd 3 and out, he should have tried stretching the field. And there were a couple of times where Allen got outside the pocket and could have gotten a bunch of yards running, but chose the throw instead. They've handcuffed him in the name of satety. If we can't let Allen be Allen, we're done. The Bills may win a playoff game or 2, but a game like this will likely emerge. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

In all fairness the Jags played a good game too.  They're not the Raiders, Skins, or Jets and Lawrence is among the better QBs as well.  

Miami played a decent game last week too, the difference between us and them?  

They committed 2 costly TOs, we had none.

The Jags are a good team.  

This game is all stalled drives, dropped passes, mystery flags, and defensive injuries. 

I’m generally very quick to point fingers but I just want the guys to come home and I want to move on.

Edited by Mango
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Monday would have been too soon; they needed a day to recover. They could have even used the facilities on Tuesday then flown out. But it never should have been later than Tuesday night, especially as the UK is ahead. If they took a flight at, say, 10pm, then would have landed around 9.30am Wednesday. Then they'd have to adjust accordingly, but at least they would have had four days to do it.

Well we can add the Bills’ “sports science” department to firing line…maybe just confine them to the Tower indefinitely, along with Dorsey

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

This game isn't about McD. It's about injuries! Losing Milano is close to putting a nail in the coffin with Tre out too. 

It wasn't about injuries. The defense did well all things considered. All the offense needed to do was build TOP and keep them off the field. Talk abouyt complete and utter failure.

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That was in 2015, the current coaching staff and group of players have collectively never played in London before. 

Doesn’t matter. The issue isn’t whether or not a team has played there before but rather scheduling a team there back to back and removing a home game for Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

They look atrocious and old. Sucks but true 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You wanna bring Daboll back? After how the Giants look??

Well, Daniel Jones is the quarterback ... Josh was at his best with Daboll ... and no, I don't want to bring Daboll back specifically ... I want an offensive guru to run the team when your best chance of winning is maximizing Josh Allen's best years.  McDermott isn't it.  Dorsey isn't it.  Maybe the team can overcome but performances like today, which happen way too often, don't inspire confidence.

18 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Elam sucks 

I can't disagree but on the rep where Ridley beat Hyde on that huge 3rd conversion I have to wonder whether having Elam man cover him wouldn't have been better. But not setting up 15 yards off the line. In press, like what he's supposed to be good at. I'm not defending him but  McD and the Bills are trying to turn into something he's just not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm stilling hoping for the best this season. 

However, I don't think this team can go far enough without Milano and Tre. 

Injuries will make this less than a complete team. Offense probably won’t be able to carry them for the whole season . It’s too bad but you need a lot of luck to have a shot at the one seed. Their chance is probably gone 

3 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

These type of losses continue the trend under McDermott. The lack of consistency and not having his teams ready to go has been a reoccurring trend throughout his tenure. He’s a good coach but every season he has a couple games that they struggle to make any adjustments and the team isn’t ready to go. You keep hoping it’s gonna improve but it’s what’s keeping him from being a top tier coach. The lack of energy by the team is unacceptable and in crucial situations he continues to not get it done. 

Unprepared, penalties and injuries in week 5 on full display. Where is the veteran leadership and scheme adjustment by the staff? McDermott keep dialing up pressure leaving his already depleted secondary to get exploited. Not even sure what Dorsey’s plan was today but it was beyond bad.

You just can’t have two losses like this in a very competitive AFC. 

At least McD went down swinging. I'm not convinced not blitzing would have been more effective with several back ups out there. Pick your poison sort of speak. 

I think we can all agree the offense lost this game not the D. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, BBFL said:

Doesn’t matter. The issue isn’t whether or not a team has played there before but rather scheduling a team there back to back and removing a home game for Buffalo. 

It does matter because the coaching staff and players have never had that experience before so they don’t know what works best for their players. The Bills clearly got out the gate slow 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.