Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Come on now. The people who criticize or are pessimistic get crucified on the board. It's not even remotely close comparing it to the opposite spectrum. 

In theory only you are correct. 

No way man, I've seen the people who criticize this team go crazy on people being positive. It goes both ways here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

You have to give the players a day or two at your facility to heal up and get their work in. Then fly out on Wednesday. You get two days at home with your facilities and your bed to rest in. Then on Wednesday you travel and that gives you three days before game day to adjust. 

That would make the most sense to me

I travel every week for work. The farther away from travel day you can get the better off you are. If they needed Monday for injuries the should have left Tuesday morning. JMO but I have flown for work 50 times a year for 15 years even short trips mess ya up for at least a day.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Out of sync, they looked like they were running in jello. Uncharacteristic holding and interference because they were not at their best, and finally multiple injuries only to the Bills. This team was not ready to play and they looked jet-lagged.

Meh.

They didn’t look jet lagged in the 4th quarter on offense.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

You have to give the players a day or two at your facility to heal up and get their work in. Then fly out on Wednesday. You get two days at home with your facilities and your bed to rest in. Then on Wednesday you travel and that gives you three days before game day to adjust. 

That would make the most sense to me

Yeah. Maybe fly out on Tuesday night (gives them the 2 days at home still) and get there Wednesday morning, but basically I agree with your thinking.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I have to say looking at these current games being played and the rest of the day, having buffalo play jax at 9:30 in the morning with the horrible NFL Network broadcast was a major miss

That game should have been played in Buffalo at 4:25 with the potential for best game of the week.

What a bunch of nonsense the london games are.

• Agree 2

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Are injuries controllable by anyone?

It just feels like the Chiefs never lose key players for the season. I know that it's just luck, but losing three key starters likely for the season is just brutal and it doesn't seem to happen to them. I think that injury luck is more important than almost anything in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

Some things are acceptable in a loss. What’s not acceptable:

Being totally unprepared for the Jags going for the two point conversion.

The team not being ready to play.

The regression of the running game.

Lack  of focus and discipline (penalties).

I think all of these things (and more) were attitude and planning issues which go back to coaching.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beast said:

The jet lag theory is nothing more than a bull#### excuse.

The Jags had a clear advantage, being able to acclimatise for such a longer period compared to the Bills. I think that played a part today. Does that excuse everything which went wrong? No.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

worried about the rush. They needed to open it up more earlier. 

Somebody (Dorsey) was too enamored with run. Still can’t figure out why we can’t get two ball catchers on this team. 

my disappointment mounts as my favorite ever BB, generational QB has another birthday. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

It just feels like the Chiefs never lose key players for the season. I know that it's just luck, but losing three key starters likely for the season is just brutal and it doesn't seem to happen to them. I think that injury luck is more important than almost anything in this game.

Exactly. Luck. So anyone weeping and donning the sackcloth over them is being more than a little irrational 

On the bright side, AJE looked like TJ Watt out there. 

Once we get Rousseau back and Von up to speed, I can’t think of anyone in the league with a better EDGE room. 

Praying Daquan can come back this season and Poona can hold it down until then, because this DL is going to be what we need to rely on with Hyde/Poyer on their last legs, a disaster class behind Benford/Jackson and what looks to be Milano done for the year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

On the bright side, AJE looked like TJ Watt out there. 

Once we get Rousseau back and Von up to speed, I can’t think of anyone in the league with a better EDGE room. 

Praying Daquan can come back this season and Poona can hold it down until then, because this DL is going to be what we need to rely on with Hyde/Poyer on their last legs, a disaster class behind Benford/Jackson and what looks to be Milano done for the year. 

What happened with von?

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What happened with von?

I don’t think anything.  I think he was on a pitch count and with the turf clearly being in our guys heads (they commented on it after the game), I don’t think they were in any hurry to play him heavy snaps. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Are injuries controllable by anyone?

Not so much controllable, but sound training, diet, sleep/rest and other common sense things contribute.  But at the end of the day tackle football is a collision sport with players using their bodies as weapons.  Injuries are going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.