Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

Just now, Virgil said:

To me, the score is all that matters.  11 points through 3 quarters was amazing with their injuries. 

I don’t blame them at all for wearing down in the end.  

But the Jags were moving the ball all day, not just at the end.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Moving the ball without scoring points is a loss for the offense. Would have been nice to get off the field more, but the Defense kept us in a position to win for most of the game. The Offense never showed up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean HERE is a legitimate beef. They stuck with the run game waaaaaay too long 

Not so sure about that. It was the scheme that seemed to be the issue. Constantly running out of the shotgun. Not very creative. No threat to run on run downs too. No coach here but it looked pretty uncreative to this fan's eyes. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38387165/bills-owner-terry-pegula-made-racist-comment-lawsuit-alleges
Got a feeling there’s going to be much more drama off the field in regards to Pegula’s past statements and sentiments then there is attention to the team.  Whether or not Kim had a prenup or has one and if she can regain the team control as she’s been the major contributing factors towards the teams success.  Think the cardiac episode is from when this first slowly started making the rounds and she realized what she married.  

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

There was nothing awful about the Bills defense today.

The picture of the day I will carry with me is AJ Epenesa sucking oxygen on the sidelines because our offense couldn’t do a damned thing for 3 quarters.

Agreed.  That had to be super frustrating for the D.  They played their asses off and the offense did nothing when it mattered.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, juscoo said:

anytime someone tells you to calm down it's only one game early in the season, tell them to get back to you when they're playing a playoff game in arrowhead once again.

mcdermott isn't good enough, dorsey is just plain bad. this franchise is going to waste allen's entire career flipping the field with pansy ass punts.

Bye-bye, bandwagon fan.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I think they did what they could to hold the water back but they were on the field ALL day and eventually the damn broke.  The offense kept putting them right back on the field.  If a couple of Bills drives went for even FGs, who know what happens with the D's energy/freshness.

That’s the difference between a good defense and a great defense. Good defense can get you to the 3rd and have you in position to win. Great defense can go the whole game and win it for you. 

bills defense, even early, couldn’t get off the field on third down. They overachieved based on injuries, but they didn’t have a great game.  

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Daquan Jones went out after the 1st drive, then Milano went down. So losing two players right off the bat is going to cause issues. They played bend don't break and honestly it worked but the offense couldn't stay on the field and the defense got gassed. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

To me, the score is all that matters.  11 points through 3 quarters was amazing with their injuries. 

I don’t blame them at all for wearing down in the end.  

Agreed. It's a complimentary game. When your offense is asleep at the wheel for lengthy stretches it's going to take a toll even on a healthy defense. The plays run disparity was ridiculous

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Overall I think the D played well given the circumstances.

But the last two drives, I think you have to find a way to make one stop.

Even if it’s a TD, FG. 

Just had to give your offence one more chance to tie it

Yeah, ideally, but what about the other 5 or 6 stops made by the D?  Offense needs to show up during the meat of the game, not when it's too late.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.