Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I think you’re honestly mistaken.  At first they said it wasn’t and then they did charge us saying we called it before the injury.  Question is, why call it in the first place - it was like going to be 3rd and 6.

I did understand calling that timeout with how the Offense had been most of the game, it preserves more time and you can generally rely on Josh and the offense to manage a hurry up offense with little time left, last play not withstanding.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You are not considering the other factors that are equally as important like routine for practice and meetings and injury treatment facilities and the players being in their own beds for as long as possible.

Yeah I have heard that and for general road games in the US that probably makes a lot of sense.  However when players cannot focus you get what the Bills had today in abundance, bad penalties, drops, and overall lackluster play.  Anyway, on to the next game and maybe the team acts differently next time if they believe they made a mistake this time.

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but it's more than fair to criticize when warranted. Today's game is one of them. 

You give praise like last week and criticism today. 

Criticize all you want but it's wrong to criticize the people who are also positive. You're not wrong to get on the team today for a bad performance but don't get upset either if people want to be positive. No one's wrong or right because everyone has an opinion and that's all I'm saying

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. I have to believe the outcome would have been different if the game had been played in Orchard Park, but so be it. 

Yes that is why I don’t like the International Games. Hopefully New York State put a clause like the New York Rangers have where all Buffalo Bills home games have to be played in Highmark Stadium 2. The NFL is ridiculous they want us to publicly fund stadium then give our regular season home games away to foreign countries ridiculous. Add the travel and the horrible turf and it is a lose lose all the way round. Those injuries today potentially could cost us a playoff spot in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Thus why we should have flown on Monday 

You have to give the players a day or two at your facility to heal up and get their work in. Then fly out on Wednesday. You get two days at home with your facilities and your bed to rest in. Then on Wednesday you travel and that gives you three days before game day to adjust. 

That would make the most sense to me

• Agree 1

Just now, I am leaving for good said:

Yes that is why I don’t like the International Games. Hopefully New York State put a clause like the New York Rangers have where all Buffalo Bills home games have to be played in Highmark Stadium 2. The NFL is ridiculous they want us to publicly fund stadium then give our regular season home games away to foreign countries ridiculous. Add the travel and the horrible turf and it is a lose lose all the way round. Those injuries today potentially could cost us a playoff spot in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

THey can't. The league requires that teams play a home game at an international site every 8 years. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes. Allowing one team to stay for two weeks seems less than fair as well. 

Pretty sure I heard them say that the Jags had been in London for 10 days, which would mean that they also traveled over there on Thursday, before their first London game.

Just now, Since1981 said:

Somebody (Dorsey) was too enamored with run. Still can’t figure out why we can’t get two ball catchers on this team. 

crazy too they think that little sprint draw was going to work when it went for negative yards every time we tried it today. 

can’t understand how they aren’t scheming Kincaid to get open. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Pretty sure I heard them say that the Jags had been in London for 10 days, which would mean that they also traveled over there on Thursday, before their first London game.

Well there you go. They had a much more crisp performance today fwiw. 

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Criticize all you want but it's wrong to criticize the people who are also positive. You're not wrong to get on the team today for a bad performance but don't get upset either if people want to be positive. No one's wrong or right because everyone has an opinion and that's all I'm saying

Come on now. The people who criticize or are pessimistic get crucified on the board. It's not even remotely close comparing it to the opposite spectrum. 

In theory only you are correct. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yeah I have heard that and for general road games in the US that probably makes a lot of sense.  However when players cannot focus you get what the Bills had today in abundance, bad penalties, drops, and overall lackluster play.  Anyway, on to the next game and maybe the team acts differently next time if they believe they made a mistake this time.

The only thing is, we've seen "stupid games" from the Bills when they've played in America so, whilst I think jet lag is a valid issue, it's not a get out of jail free card.

• Agree 3

A lot pages here so I’m sure it’s repeating. I can accept the loss for few reason but very down about the injuries. Injuries happen and lord knows every play today I was waiting on flag from refs or a bills defender to go down. But need guys to come back. Bills already lost their #1 DB back for year and as much as I hope I’m wrong it looks lost #1 LB and #1 DT for year 

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Brilliant remark.. don’t stretch yourself too thin by writing a full sentence.

45 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Keep telling yourself that this is a quality team.  The joke will be on you after the next season ending loss.  You have them winning the SB in 2023, I know. 

Ok, my full (and “dull” pre edit🤣) sentence is - if you don’t think the Bills are even a “quality team” you don’t watch other teams play football, I guess 🤷‍♂️.

We had a bad game after traveling to Europe.  Things happen. We shall see what’s next, but the Bills are still one of the best teams in the league. IMO. :beer: 

Edited by Heitz

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why was the offense so horrible for the first 40 mins of this game? The defense should have been what killed us. They lost player after player, had no rest and was just completely screwed over all day. The Defense kept us in it. Just like the Jet game, the offense killed us for too much of the game. How do we look so great at times then just so lost? It’s like contagious in 1 direction or the other. When it’s good, it’s great and when it’s bad it’s pitiful 

We struggled to move the ball, D struggled to get off the field. The D stopped them and made some good plays but they controlled possession the whole game because we couldn’t stop them on 3rd down. The game was just ugly all around. Cook is a ***** and we need to lean on our down hill runners early in games. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.