Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 minute ago, Beast said:

No. No they didn’t.

They were down Rousseau, Daquan Jones, had a Von Miller in there who is getting acclimated, had Lawson out, Milano out, Tre White out,  Christian Benford out….and they played their asses off.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then. Their effort was admirable, but the TOP was 2:1 in favor of the Jags and it wasn’t just because the offense couldn’t get a first down.

Just now, jlgarsh said:

And how many drives ended because of drops/penalties? The Bills need to let Josh run too, and they’re coaching him not to. It’s leading to some indecision.

Go back to the start of this conversation and you’ll see that was the original point 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

You want to install a new offensive system mid-season? Our bye week isn't until after Thanksgiving.

It may want to be considered to see what we have in Brady. Because Dorsey is clearly in over his head when he plays a mid-level defense or greater. 

he isn’t getting the best out of josh and we have only so many prime years with him remaining

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

I agree, but as I'm sure you know, it's ALL about the $$$ (for the NFL....jersey/hat sales, online streaming services, etc). Sort of surprised the NFLPA agreed with it. I really don't think that by playing games overseas the players are getting more money than the exorbitant amount they already get.

Can't the Europe game be a night game in Europe so it is close to a normal start time in the states 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Having currently spent the past week+ in Europe (and several times before this), I assure you the first few days are rough.  And I’m an East Coast kid that can go West without much trouble. 🤷‍♂️👽

Of course, also guessing Josh and Co didn’t drink 5,000 drinks on the way over, so maybe it’s just me… 🤔🙃

I lived in the UK for 2 years and was back and forth across the pond multiple times.

I can assure you that young, professional athletes don’t suffer from the same ailments that your normal Joe does. Especially the way the Bills scheduled the first day in the UK and what they have at their disposal.

The Bills failed to execute on offense today and it cost them a ball game. Jet lag didn’t. 

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And was the leading rusher for Buffalo again with checks notes 23 yards. 

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean HERE is a legitimate beef. They stuck with the run game waaaaaay too long 

Yeah depending on a strong run game week in and week out in 2023 is like a basketball team depending on the three point field goals. Eventually it's going to go cold and you're going home with an L. 

1 minute ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

So I have a question. This is not an excuse for the lose but if a player throws a punch in front of the refs doesn't that get 1. A penalty and 2. An ejection. I'm sure we will get an apology about missing it and the player will get fined. 

It does feel like the Jags have a residency in London like Celine Dion in Vegas.

53 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He had two working elbows at least under Daboll lol Dorsey outperformed Daboll statistically with two absolutely horrendous offensive linemen, no real wr2, and a qb with a banged up throwing arm.  But yes josh was a year more mature I guess? 😂

Daboll is beside the point ... the point is having a defensive head coach in an offensive age when your MVP-level talent quarterback is going to ultimately be the one to either lead you to Super Bowls or not.  But go ahead and do another Daboll-centered response while making excuses for the lack of offensive consistency in the here and now. And yes, 27-year-old athletes are typically entering/in their prime while 25-year-old athletes are not quite there yet.  Elbow-shmelbow, Josh was playing, no excuses.  Was his elbow the reason Buffalo had 7 points today entering the 4th quarter?  I tend to blame the bad playcalls, the bad game plan, and the inability to properly integrate not one but two pass-catching tight ends into what should be a much more consistently potent offense (all coaching issues).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah depending on a strong run game week in and week out in 2023 is like a basketball team depending on the three point field goals. Eventually it's going to go cold and you're going home with an L. 

I think a few deep hits would have loosened things up. But I think risk aversion has become a major thing 

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

It may want to be considered to see what we have in Brady. Because Dorsey is clearly in over his head when he plays a mid-level defense or greater. 

he isn’t getting the best out of josh and we have only so many prime years with him remaining

Teams can't learn a new playbook in a week. You could fire Dorsey and have Joe Brady or Mike Shula act as OC, but you cannot install a new system during the season.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

That's been the Buffalo Bills offense since 2019. Some call it "The Josh Allen Experience". Although I don't blame him much for this one...which I guess means it's contagious and the other players have become infected.

So now posters are blaming Allen for the dropped passes, O line holding calls and suspect play calling?  Please. 

You want to know what the "Josh Allen Experience" is?  It's winning football, it's three straight Division titles and four straight trips to the playoffs.  It's being listed as a legit Super Bowl contender for four years in a row. Without the "Josh Allen Experience" the last 5 seasons would have been more of the drought years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

I agree, but as I'm sure you know, it's ALL about the $$$ (for the NFL....jersey/hat sales, online streaming services, etc). Sort of surprised the NFLPA agreed with it. I really don't think that by playing games overseas the players are getting more money than the exorbitant amount they already get.

The NFL PA is extremely soft and have no spine.  They could easily break the owners but they are afraid to stand up to them for various reasons.

It's only going to get worse going forward. We are probably a few years away from watching a St. Patrick's Day Super Bowl in Dublin or something after a season with 40 teams plays every day of the week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BernieBill said:

Daboll is beside the point ... the point is having a defensive head coach in an offensive age when your MVP-level talent quarterback is going to ultimately be the one to either lead you to Super Bowls or not.  But go ahead and do another Daboll-centered response while making excuses for the lack of offensive consistency in the here and now. And yes, 27-year-old athletes are typically entering/in their prime while 25-year-old athletes are not quite there yet.  Elbow-shmelbow, Josh was playing, no excuses.  Was his elbow the reason Buffalo had 7 points today entering the 4th quarter?  I tend to blame the bad playcalls, the bad game plan, and the inability to properly integrate not one but two pass-catching tight ends into what should be a much more consistently potent offense (all coaching issues).

McDermott is going nowhere.

May want to come to terms with that 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Teams can't learn a new playbook in a week. You could fire Dorsey and have Joe Brady or Mike Shula act as OC, but you cannot install a new system during the season.

And that’s fair. I’m not saying firing Dorsey now. But if our offense is performing like this in mid-November outside of playing against terrible defenses, I’d then probably fire Dorsey to see if Joe Brady can get some more efficiency out of the offense

The bottom line is points allowed and until late, the Bills held Jax to only 11. But the Jags moved the ball at will until the red zone. Elam was a frequent target. He played so far off the ball he was an auto first down. And the Bills left the the middle open from 5-8 yards out, and Lawrence exploited that too. The Bills gave up 315 yds passing and 196 rushing. 474 net yards on offense. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

So now posters are blaming Allen for the dropped passes, O line holding calls and suspect play calling?  Please. 

You want to know what the "Josh Allen Experience" is?  It's winning football, it's three straight Division titles and four straight trips to the playoffs.  It's being listed as a legit Super Bowl contender for four years in a row. Without the "Josh Allen Experience" the last 5 seasons would have been more of the drought years.

There’s probably about 10-15 of them that pop up after a loss to blame Allen for a cloudy day. Some people are losers by choice or by birth these people are a little of both. 

One thing I will say that jump ball Josh threw up to Diggs that the DB ultimately wrestled from him.. Dhop comes down with that. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.