Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

This loss is on the refs.  Nothing more.  Nothing less 

you CANNOT expect to be able to rebound and adjust, on the fly offensively, with rapid fire crap penalties like that.  

Any team would’ve struggled. This isn’t a Dorsey thing.  It’s not a Gabe Davis thing. 

it’s the refs and it’s bullish!t. 

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So, despite late game theatrics, the loss is on the offense.  One glaring issue with the team so far is the inability to utilize what is supposed to be a major strength: tight end offensive production ... Kincaid and Knox are virtually invisible game in and game out ... Knox can't catch or get open, apparently ... Kincaid is a 1st round pick the Bills are choosing to marginalize, as they seem to do with every new acquisition. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

The defense continues to be phenomenal, but who knows how long they’ll hold up with so many injuries. The offense is a major concern. Allen is that elite tier guy, but the offense continues to be frustratingly inconsistent. Teams with elite QB’s bulldoze through the regular season. You’re never going to win them all, but our inconsistency stretches beyond the occasional bad game, and the offense is often the reason we suffer losses. We look less like Manning’s Colts or Mahomes Chiefs, but more like Rivers old Chargers teams. It needs to be addressed. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

So, we really do suck hard in close games.

We need to get a big lead, and we usually do.  At that point it's a question if so we hold on, or do we let it slip away (jets game this year, minni prior year, etc).

Not worried about our loss as much as the injuries.  Just way too many top guys out, and potentially for the season.

Josh Allen was not sharp, if he were we'd have had one or two more tds a d win the game.

Allen has not showed the ability to be consistent.  Our whole team is that way.  We are total can crushers.  We're not an easy out, but we save our best football for when the outcome of the game is not in the balance.

It's getting very uninspiring and I hate to be that guy, but you look at the head coach when that happens 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, boyst said:

McDermott preachers accountability. How does he allow a hitch and hitch with 22 seconds left? How does he not have a special teams coordinated enough to make sure to let that go into the end zone?

I know it's almost a goddamn campaign I'm having, but the guy is in over his head trying to be a head coach and a coordinator. He can't manage both being a head coach and calling the defense.

And trust me I know the offense was not without fault. But the head coach is supposed to be there on top of all of the aspects. And he is failing

Who cares the game was lost by then.  Looooong before then.  

I usually watch every Bills game. But Knowing how much the Bills always seem to struggle against the jaguars I decided to sleep in today and set the DVR to record the game. I didn’t even bother turning the game on when I woke up. I read a quick recap and decided to get on with my Sunday. Looks like I made the right choice! lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

McDermott preachers accountability. How does he allow a hitch and hitch with 22 seconds left? How does he not have a special teams coordinated enough to make sure to let that go into the end zone?

I know it's almost a goddamn campaign I'm having, but the guy is in over his head trying to be a head coach and a coordinator. He can't manage both being a head coach and calling the defense.

And trust me I know the offense was not without fault. But the head coach is supposed to be there on top of all of the aspects. And he is failing

Trouble is I like him in the DC role. If he continues in the joint role, I think the Bills need someone far more experienced in the OC role.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Josh And Diggs walked out of there healthy that’s really all i can ask for at this point.  Body clock disadvantage killed us, the Refs sucked when the game was close, either gave Jax first downs or took first downs away from Buffalo. at the very end they called roughing the passer. whoopee. too late. The injuries sucked, London sucks, playing the Jags sucks. Thankfully we don’t have to go to London for a while. It’s a week to week league.  Two weeks ago Jacksonville and Lawrence were starting to be written off. 

Playing a team that was adjusted to UK time perturbed me all week, and Miami playing at Kansas City *in Germany* not Arrowhead pisses me off too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

If you switch over to the ManCity v Arsenal English Premiere Football/Soccer game now it helps ease the pain and the score is 0-0 at the 66 minute mark.

I don't give a F about English soccer any more than they care about NFL which is absolute zero.  I went there and they told me as much

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

If you switch over to the ManCity v Arsenal English Premiere Football/Soccer game now it helps ease the pain and the score is 0-0 at the 66 minute mark.

Felt like we were 0-0 too at the same amount of time elapsed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.