Jets are signing Trevor Siemian to their practice squad.

Gregg

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Wentz or Ryan would have been better options, but they have to do something. They will lose the team if Wilson continues as the starting QB.

Ryan has a comfortable gig now and I am sure he doesn't want to change that. Just like that commercial featuring Marino, Rice, emmitt Smith etc

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

honestly, given Rodgers injury AND the fact that the Jets get to keep their own 1st round pick this coming offseason, losing a bunch of games and having a top 10 pick plus Rodgers coming back is a great spot to be in.

In 2024 anyway. Right now it's going to be, as Darcy put it here years ago, "some suffering" 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

honestly, given Rodgers injury AND the fact that the Jets get to keep their own 1st round pick this coming offseason, losing a bunch of games and having a top 10 pick plus Rodgers coming back is a great spot to be in.

In 2024 anyway. Right now it's going to be, as Darcy put it here years ago, "some suffering" 

Does it, though? 

If the Jets end up with a top 10 pick, the wise choice would be to select a QB in a draft that is supposed to be QB heavy. And we all saw how that worked with Aaron in Green Bay. 

Sinking that pick into anything but the QB of the future and depending on a QB that will be 40, was showing signs of decline, coming off a MAJOR injury and wouldn't have played a game of competitive football in over a year and a half isn't a great spot to be in IMO. Though, it is the Jets so I can see it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Praise Gawd!  It wasn't Nate!

50 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

How frail pyschologically is Zac Wilson?

Well, I've never seen him cry, ala

🌟MJ🏈10🌟

😁

46 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Jets will keep Wilson on ice and save him for the Bills rematch in Orchard Park, obviously.

A lot of bored housefraus in the southtowns? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Wentz or Ryan would have been better options, but they have to do something. They will lose the team if Wilson continues as the starting QB.

Siemian is likely affordable, willing to be on the practice squad and a Jet for just a handful of games.  I'm suspecting Wentz and Ryan (and Colt McCoy) wanted too much money, guarantees, or refusing to be on a practice squad.  

Wentz *should* have a job in the NFL, but he's likely refusing to be on anybody's practice squad.

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There are only 10 guys in the world who are any good at QB and half of those guys probably can't get you a super bowl win.  

10-12 guys who are great at the NFL level...

Simian can go up against the best college team in the world and drop 60 on them tomorrow 

The talent Gap from an NFL quarterback to even a division 1 starter is insane ...

He's not a ***** QB lol he's just not good enough to start for the NFL or be a primary backup 

That's why there's 40 professional basketball leagues around the world..  you might not be a good enough point guard for the NBA but you can be a professional PG

That pro point guard in Turkey doesn't suck.. he's actually great.. just not good enough for the league

That's how I view all these bottom roster quarterbacks.. and QB3s

They are still better than 99% of the quarterbacks in the world... Which is an accomplishment.. they just aren't good enough to consistently crack the NFL

Sam castronova from williamsville South... Division 3 quarterback.. impressive arm.. team scored 55 a game in college .. got some invites to NFL camps.. but never even made a roster

He still throws locally trying to prolong his career ... And his arm is insane... Like when you see it up close you're like damn

The way the ball spins... Even if you didn't know who he was you'd be like he has to be a pro... And he could barely get a try out to a mini camp 

It's because being an NFL quarterback is the hardest job in sports..  and even the 4th stringer does have immense talent ..  even if it doesn't hold up in the NFL

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

10-12 guys who are great at the NFL level...

Simian can go up against the best college team in the world and drop 60 on them tomorrow 

The talent Gap from an NFL quarterback to even a division 1 starter is insane ...

He's not a ***** QB lol he's just not good enough to start for the NFL or be a primary backup 

That's why there's 40 professional basketball leagues around the world..  you might not be a good enough point guard for the NBA but you can be a professional PG

That pro point guard in Turkey doesn't suck.. he's actually great.. just not good enough for the league

That's how I view all these bottom roster quarterbacks.. and QB3s

They are still better than 99% of the quarterbacks in the world... Which is an accomplishment.. they just aren't good enough to consistently crack the NFL

Sam castronova from williamsville South... Division 3 quarterback.. broke every single college record ever .. got some invites to NFL camps.. but never even made a roster

He still throws locally trying to prolong his career ... And his arm is insane... Like when you see it up close you're like damn

The way the ball spins... Even if you didn't know who he was you'd be like he has to be a pro... And he could barely get a try out to a mini camp 

It's because being an NFL quarterback is the hardest job in sports..  and even the 4th stringer does have immense talent ..  even if it doesn't hold up in the NFL

Cool.  I never said he was *****.  I said there are only 10 QBs in the league who are considered starters form year to year. And only 5 of the legit starters are guys that teams think can win a super bowl.  Every other guy has low job security or is considered a solid backup.  There are 32 teams.  You do the math.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Cool.  I never said he was *****.  I said there are only 10 QBs in the league who are considered starters form year to year. And only 5 of the legit starters are guys that teams think can win a super bowl.  Every other guy has low job security or is considered a solid backup.  There are 32 teams.  You do the math.

I get that.. and I'm not arguing with you I'm just trying to show how there's a lot of quarterback with talent 

And you did say there's only about 10 guys who are good at quarterback.. not 10 who are considered starters 

But my point was how even Matt Barkley whose trash in the NFL, has a lot of actual quarterback talent 

Even the 100th best quarterback in the world is in the 1% of quarterbacks over the age of 21 when you consider NFL D1 D1AA, D2 ,D3 and CFL and feeder leagues

When you think of it like that it's actually impressive.. I'm glad Simian can find work in a tough profession 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

There are only 10 guys in the world who are any good at QB and half of those guys probably can't get you a super bowl win.  

I just heard Brady say “Hold my Beer” lol.. that said they don’t need an elite QB they need a game manager who can actually hit open receivers.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I just heard Brady say “Hold my Beer” lol.. that said they don’t need an elite QB they need a game manager who can actually hit open receivers.

I think the Jets are still too weak at WR to be a real threat without solid QB play but yes. Give them vintage Alex Smith or even Tyrod, a capable game manager who doesn't turn the ball over too much, and they would be hard to beat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.