How many points will the Fish score this week?

eball

How many points will the Fish score this week?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Tua & Company’s total points vs. Bills in W4

I went with 21-30. That offense is really explosive. However I think a few things combine not slow it this week.

1. Defensively, we are better then Denver.

2. McDermott always has something cooked up in these situations.

3. The crowd noise may factor in.

4. I think we see an emphasis of running this week to shorten the game and limit Miami's possessions. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I want to go and watch that game.....crazy they scored 10 offensive TD's with minimal turnovers.  I saw some interesting no look screens from Tua....the BIlls will have to have a plan for that.  I think both teams will score a lot....over under at like 53, I would take the over.  These are two of the best teams in the league.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I went with 21-30. That offense is really explosive. However I think a few things combine not slow it this week.

4. I think we see an emphasis of running this week to shorten the game and limit Miami's possessions. 

Helen Keller school for the deaf, mute, and blind is better than Denver

11 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I want to go and watch that game.....crazy they scored 10 offensive TD's with minimal turnovers.  I saw some interesting no look screens from Tua....the BIlls will have to have a plan for that.  I think both teams will score a lot....over under at like 53, I would take the over.  These are two of the best teams in the league.

That over/under is enticing. If forced to pick I may be tempted at the "under". I think both teams play a bit more run game/ball control to keep the other team from possessing the ball. Longer lasting slower moving drives. 27-23 type game when all is said and done.

It is certainly interesting to note that the Bills have only given up two defensive TDs through three games…and none since the Raiders’ first drive of W2.

Every time I look at this game I have to ask myself which of the four main units (Bills O and D, Fish O and D) is the weakest?  The answer is always the Fish D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

It is certainly interesting to note that the Bills have only given up two defensive TDs through three games…and none since the Raiders’ first drive of W2.

Every time I look at this game I have to ask myself which of the four main units (Bills O and D, Fish O and D) is the weakest?  The answer is always the Fish D.

It comes down to the Bills finishing off drives with tds. We are capable of putting up points and I would like to believe with Harris and Murray we can add some nasty in the run game, something the Dolphins have yet to see out off Bills in quite awhile. The Dolphins are going to score points no question about that imo. But if the defense can get some timely stops and force a few field goals, I think we can win in a close one.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Agree with your points.  I think our DL will continue to wreak havoc this week, along with the coverage skills of our DBs and LBs.  If I needed to build a defense that could match up with Miami, the way ours is built would be close to it.  My biggest concern is the speed of guys like Hill in the open field against some of our older DBs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Can mcdermott disrupt the timing on their quick pass attack?  Can our offense control the clock and run the ball effectively.  

if we can do both, I think we can hold them to 18-24.  

if we can do one, but not the other, 27-32

If we can’t do either, 35+

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they put up 24 against ne. bills have a much better D.

They also lost Waddle in the second half and were only able to put up 7 more points in that half.

That being said, they adjusted nicely this week without him, albeit, against a pretty ***** broncos team.

I went with 21-30.  We have everyone playing(except von who only played the first game) compared to last year when we were missing a slew of guys in all 3 games.  Defense should be much better than Miami remembers them from last year.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Just to elaborate on #1...  Not only do we have more talent on defense.  But our defenders have more pride and fight in them.  

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I voted 21-30 points, but I could really see this game "fooling" everyone and end up being a 17-14 slugfest.

What's the O/U for point total set at?

I agree on this.

Everytime we go in thinking it'll be a high scoring game the coaches know it, too. They do everything they can to limit the scoring and play smarter.

This is why I am concerned with the heavy boxes on 3rd and 4th and shorts where speed through the front line leaves the backs wide open to bust one. 

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Just to elaborate on #1...  Not only do we have more talent on defense.  But our defenders have more pride and fight in them.  

To be fair: Denver has some really really solid players on that defense. They returned most of the starters from last year when they were top half of the league in both fewest points and yards given up. Not saying they were the 85 Bears or anything...but a solid steady defense.

I believe the biggest failure for that defense was letting Evero walk and bringing in Vance Joseph. The players don't really fit what he does and he refused to adapt. 

Also, I am fully expecting any time for it to come to light that the players themselves are at odds with the coaching staff. I don't think Payton is well received there at all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We need to duplicate the Raider game offense and Commander game defense. Win TOP and keep their offense off the field like Belichick did to us in 1990.  Josh will be amped so calm his a ss down and force him to stick to the gameplan.  I never thought I'd ask a JA led team to slow it down but this Miami offense is unbelievable. 

Bills  31

McNerd  27

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.