Terrel Bernard Appreciation Thread

Rigotz

30 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Lo is that??

Never hurts to see teammates get a ferry it.  Learning by example usually shortens learning curve if the player actually loves to learn and when you don't have the freak physical measurements of an Edmunds you need Tobe improving by learning.

I can't remember the last time a player was completely counted out after his rookie season and then suddenly transformed into a true game changing player like this in his second season. The Bills needed something like this to happen to keep our young pipeline going strong and keep our window open. It's a huge development.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think you need to add Gabe Davis there again...

No I think Josh has to ďevelop more trust in the other guys.  He's been so used to relying on his favorites at any given time.  He has that prom photo connection with Knox he  needs to add Kincaid to his dance card.. Then Josh will be a real Major V Playa.  Diggs can help Josh with advice on how to juggle multiple dates in a single day (game) if the rumors are true of his recent Valentine in Buffalo. 

I laughed when the excuses for Edmunds not making any plays was that “he had too much on his plate/it’s not his job/he doesn’t play the same position as Milano, doesn’t have the same freedom to roam.” No, he just wasn’t a playmaker. Bernard undoubtedly has a nose for the football and is making the plays our last LB could not. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’ll admit, while I wasn’t a TB hater, I wasn’t expecting this. His injury in the preseason really contributed to my uneasiness about him. That said, he started one game last year as a rookie and a lot of people were done with him. Ridiculous to think he couldn’t improve after one rough outing. 

20 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Stadium Wall Whipping Boys:

James Cook

Terrell Bernard

Dion Dawkins

Kaiir Elam

Spencer Brown

18 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think you need to add Gabe Davis there again...

You're right. Corrected:

The Stadium Wall Whipping Boys:

James Cook

Terrell Bernard

Dion Dawkins

Gabriel Davis

Kaiir Elam

Spencer Brown

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

I laughed when the excuses for Edmunds not making any plays was that “he had too much on his plate/it’s not his job/he doesn’t play the same position as Milano, doesn’t have the same freedom to roam.” No, he just wasn’t a playmaker. Bernard undoubtedly has a nose for the football and is making the plays our last LB could not. 

A quote that really stood out to me from Matt Ryan was: (this was after TBs fumble recovery)

Something like: “Good football players just seem to have a nose around the football”.

Which made me think of watching edmunds for 5 years who seemed to never make a play around the ball

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't remember the last time a player was completely counted out after his rookie season and then suddenly transformed into a true game changing player like this in his second season. The Bills needed something like this to happen to keep our young pipeline going strong and keep out window open. It's a huge development.

It’s a nice development for us but let’s see how Bernard performs now that offenses need to account for him. Amazing game, but let’s keep a high standard of play going. Jury is still out. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

And don't forget "He's only 19!"

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

“He’s a modern Backer” says the tv guy! 

THE BILLS are setting league trends now with TB..!!

The Commander of all TB43 talk over here 

He's not a old style lb he's a strafety and he goes where he needs to  be if he's going after the ball or after the qb whatever the playcall sends him to do.  Buffalo wings and a prayer get you  a St Bernard as the defensive wrinkle that will be getting flowers delivered to them by opposing Bieniemy's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

How can you forget the biggest excuse: be patient, he’s very young. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

SPOT ON post and my exact same thought process. Just glad we moved on and gave Milano the $ over Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It’s a nice development for us but let’s see how Bernard performs now that offenses need to account for him. Amazing game, but let’s keep a high standard of play going. Jury is still out. 

And let’s see what Milano and others do now that offenses need to account for TB. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

He's not a old style lb he's a strafety and he goes where he needs to  be if he's going after the ball or after the qb whatever the playcall sends him to do.  Buffalo wings and a prayer gets you  a St Bernard as the defensive wrinkle that will be getting flowers delivered to them by opposing Bieniemy's.

He's not a old style lb he's a strafety and he goes where he needs to  be if he's going after the ball or after the qb whatever the playcall sends him to do.  Buffalo wings and a prayer gets you  a St Bernard as the defensive wrinkle that will be getting flowers delivered to them by opposing Bieniemy's.

Inigo Montoya: "Vizzini, I do not think that response is as clever as you think it is"

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

A quote that really stood out to me from Matt Ryan was: (this was after TBs fumble recovery)

Something like: “Good football players just seem to have a nose around the football”.

Which made me think of watching edmunds for 5 years who seemed to never make a play around the ball

wait. Tiki was play by play, and that was Matt Ryan as color??

This mystery story for me is unfolding like the Summer of 1985 in LA.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Okay, this is not what I ever thought I’d ever ever type on this forum, but comparing Bears Edmunds @ KC (CHI DC raided by FBI this week to boot) with what happened already in Washington by his replacement’s game of the century is actually a little unfair haha. 

There’s #49. Getting laid on for the Chiefs TD

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.