The Josh Allen excuse thread…

Dopey

Allen needs a coach. We don’t have a good one. He’s got the physical talent but has always been a little dumb. Now it’s like the guy that was giving him the answers during the test is no longer giving him the answers. He’s been coasting on his talent the last year but it’s all caught up to him. So yea it’s on Allen but it’s also on the coaches. McDermott given an extension what a joke. 

• Like (+1) 2

From my view, Dorsey needs to not be Josh’’ friend, and be his boss, and Dorsey needs to learn how to call plays and use his available talent, and Josh needs to get the his head out of his azs, jmo. 

• Like (+1) 1

There are no excuses and this is the first time in Allen’s career that I believe he’s stopped progressing, and might actually have taken a step back.  

The fact that everyone knew what the Jets are going to to, and Josh has seen it for years, makes it worse.  

This game is 100% on Josh.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Worst game Allen probably has ever played including HS and college.

He played like a rookie. The first INT? Meh. It was better than a punt. The second? Inexcusable. He’s gotta know the situation. You are now playing the Zach Wilson Jets, not Aaron Rodgers. Allen should have been more conservative than usual. Instead he tried to force the action for no good reason. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Josh, stunning stupid decisions dont think I've ever seen him play worse. not helping that we have Marv Levy #2 as head coach,  playing to not  loose. and then with half our special teams make up they can't tackle a guy on a punt.  coaching F,  nice half time adjustments (like always), Josh F-      

Edited by gordong

Just now, Green Lightning said:

3rd and 2 and he goes long. Same crap as last year. An unwillingness to take what's given. Zero situational football. Hero ball and 4 turnovers. 3 and out in OT. Welcome to your 3rd place Buffalo Bills. Likely need to get use to it. Maybe this year Beane will begin to value a real OLine.

You are in the wrong thread. The overreaction thread is over there.

Allen had a bad game against a good defense, that's clear. The 1st INT was basically a punt. Wish it was a completion, but down it at the 3 yard line, fine. 2nd INT is like wtf are you thinking. 3rd INT is all davis not running good routes and telegraphed his route easily. Fumble, no excuse. Catch the damn snap.

Just now, Don Otreply said:

From my view, Dorsey needs to not be Josh’’ friend, and be his boss, and Dorsey needs to learn how to call plays and use his available talent, and Josh needs to get the his head out of his azs, jmo. 

The problem is, I'm not convinced Dorsey can learn to do so.  He's a quarterback coach, not a proven OC...and he's simply in over his head

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sven233 said:

No excuse required.  He stunk in the 2nd half.

On to next week.  Long season and it's about playing your best at the end of the year.  Eat this and move on.

at least the Raiders do not have a good DL, or RB, or stud WR.  We will be fine.  🤣.  Dorsey blows, and MCD and Bean to blame for keeping him.  

Rookie Josh was endearing and adorable,

Prime Time Josh was exciting.

Elite Josh was next level,

God Mode Josh is the best in the game,

But something happened the second half of the GB game last year, he hasn’t been the same guy ever since. The argument can be made that it’s actually since DaBoll left. 

I saw McD and Diggs both tell Josh play smart tonight. 

Hollywood Josh? Madden Josh? Arrogant Josh?

I don’t like it. I don’t think there is ‘no reason to be concerned’ anymore in regards to his decision making. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, balln said:

he needs to lead a comeback TD to win drive. mahommes rattle them off w ease week in and week out.

that was a bad 2 min wher he run into a player on very first play into middle of field wasting time

and then OT. disgrace

Mahomes final drive against the lions was 4 plays -15 yards and all they needed was a field goal also.

• Like (+1) 1

Dorsey didn't lose this game. McDermott didn't lose this game. 4 Josh Allen turnovers lost this game. It was all on him. No excuses. He just doesn't seem to be able to read safeties. I am usually a really positive poster here, but I am in no mood to sugarcoat this. If this is who Josh Allen is, we are screwed as a franchise. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

He was awful. Some of the worst pocket presence I’ve ever seen followed by some horrendous decisions with the ball.

Everyone grabbing the pitch forks on dorsey. Other then the terrible draw call in OT, this loss in completely on Allen.

Honestly can't think of bad performances or terrible plays that really hurt the bills by other players. Hell Bernard contributed more than allen tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen is Brett Favre minus weinergate, a few MVP awards, and one Lombardi.

Exciting to watch. Strong arm. Terrible in executing smart situational football plays that lead to devastating turnovers that kills us. Capable of doing things only a handful of QB's can do.

Like Favre, he is loved.  Unlike Favre, he has not yet worn out his welcome. Patience is wearing thin with our QB version of Jekyll and Hyde.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.