Anyone else sick of the Jets Hype??

PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I expect them to sadly be good, but all the fawning by experts saying how they will take the AFCE and ride into the SB is annoying. 

I have always disliked the Jets the most of any f the East rivals, but God it would be so nice to see them start off the year going

0-4 or 1-3.  It starts with your Bills knocking them off in Jersey, followed by games against Cowboys, Pats, and Chiefs.. so 1-3 could easily happen! 

Yes, but I will be real with you. No sicker than I was of hearing about the Pats, Brady, and or Bill Belichick. At least in that case it was already deserved and we had a crap team.  I am already getting sick of seeing KC in the SB like I was the Pats too lol.

How about Miami though?  At least the Jets have a first ballot hof QB on the roster.  

Edited by Scott7975

I honestly don't care, let them get hyped up. Honestly don't care too much either if the Bills start slow like 2-2 or something while we find our groove.

How many years did the Pats or Chiefs start slow with everyone clamoring 'dynasty over' only for them to settle in and just grind out wins otw to a championship?

I expect them to sadly be good, but all the fawning by experts saying how they will take the AFCE and ride into the SB is annoying. 

I have always disliked the Jets the most of any f the East rivals, but God it would be so nice to see them start off the year going

0-4 or 1-3.  It starts with your Bills knocking them off in Jersey, followed by games against Cowboys, Pats, and Chiefs.. so 1-3 could easily happen! 

Nope...let them talk.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Nope. Hype them up MORE. Love it. Twice the pride double the fall 

The Jets have done what they always do. Make a bunch of headline grabbing off season moves. Remember all the hype when they signed Lev Bell and hired Adam Gase? Their offense has holes at OL. Two talented RBs coming off major surgery. Wilson is excellent. Then they have Aaron with his head in the clouds saying how "much this is like a dream" and Saleh trying his hardest to be hard arsed. 

Their defense is good. I'll give them that. Matches up against Buffalo well. And, though they are GOOD it's not as great of a defense as they want to think. They aren't the '85 Bears.  The tumble in "JetLife Stadium" will be swift and unforgiving this year IMO. 

The Jets are sickeningly overhyped - no doubt. Proof positive that the NYC/NJ media will hype absolutely anything is that this guy was hyped by them:

image.png.f8e1abca2b0954f646f6401fd317f6ce.png

Looking forward to the impending Jets collapse. I still think that the Jets will finish last in the AFC East this year - that's right - I think that even the Pats* will win more games than the Jets when all is said and done. I hope to enjoy hearing all the wailing & complaining when it happens.    

I was sick of it by June.

I sure hope we take them to the woodshed on Monday. I would love to see the meltdown.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Never really got why people care about this stuff. They should have hype. They acquired one of the best qbs (and weirdos) ever on a talent with a lot of talent. They kinda play in NYC. Why won’t they get hyped up?

the lions are getting hyped. The Bills were extremely hyped up last year. I hated that last year and love that they are under the radar. 

but Jets fans  have a reason to be excited for the first time in 15 years. It will also be that much funnier when they crash and burn. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nah, I'm not sick of it.  Let them talk about how great the Jets are on paper.

Then play the game, and either they are or they aren't, on Sunday.

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Never really got why people care about this stuff. They should have hype. They acquired one of the best qbs (and weirdos) ever on a talent with a lot of talent. They kinda play in NYC. Why won’t they get hyped up?

the lions are getting hyped. The Bills were extremely hyped up last year. I hated that last year and love that they are under the radar. 

but Jets fans  have a reason to be excited for the first time in 15 years. It will also be that much funnier when they crash and burn. 

Jets got so much talent, they put talent on their talent.

I'm actually glad to see another team get the hype instead of us.   They way that we were hyped last year, anything short of a Superbowl was going to leave an unhappy and disappointed fan base.     Let Buffalo fly under the radar so that it can be all the more satisfying if this is the year that they finally go all of the way.

There is always one team that appears loaded on paper, but for whatever reason it does not end up materializing in reality.     Keep in mind that last year, many people thought that Russell Wilson was going to make Denver a super bowl contender.    I could see the Jets being that one team this year.

What’s lost in all the hype over Rogers is that while he is certainly an upgrade over what they had last year, their collapse after a hot start in my view falls squarely on Saleh.  He mismanaged his team and the QB situation and was unable to rally that team, despite all their talent, losing 8 of their last 10 games.  I think he is a poor leader, and what little of Hard Knocks I was able to stomach only reinforced my view.  Rogers does not help in this regard and in fact is likely to make it worse based on his history.  Adversity will come to the Jets and my bet would be they do not handle it well, and that is what will relegate them to third in the AFCE at best.  It may start this Monday - I certainly hope so and believe it will - but it is coming at some point.  

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, but I will be real with you. No sicker than I was of hearing about the Pats, Brady, and or Bill Belichick. At least in that case it was already deserved and we had a crap team.  I am already getting sick of seeing KC in the SB like I was the Pats too lol.

How about Miami though?  At least the Jets have a first ballot hof QB on the roster.  

Jets got a (in football years) very old QB, could they strike lightning once like the Bucs did? Maybe but then again the Bucs made it to the playoffs as a wildcard team and they started off poorly till Brady pretty much took over the team culture.. (or at least that what they said) So maybe they tank and Rogers does Roger type things and pouts about it.

As for Miami, they are getting the hype, IMO because they hung with the Bills last year with a 3rd string QB.. so all the “smart” talking heads figure with Tua they will be unstoppable. (Flawed logic, but a logic to it as well)

3 hours ago, nucci said:

People were probably sick of Bills hype last couple of seasons too.

Well yeah when  you’re one the best teams in football for several years running you tend to get more respect and more hype. We’re talking about a team that hasn’t had a winning season in almost a decade.

Edited by gobills404

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jets got a (in football years) very old QB, could they strike lightning once like the Bucs did? Maybe but then again the Bucs made it to the playoffs as a wildcard team and they started off poorly till Brady pretty much took over the team culture.. (or at least that what they said) So maybe they tank and Rogers does Roger type things and pouts about it.

As for Miami, they are getting the hype, IMO because they hung with the Bills last year with a 3rd string QB.. so all the “smart” talking heads figure with Tua they will be unstoppable. (Flawed logic, but a logic to it as well)

I think the Chargers are going to beat them Sunday. It would be nice if the fish start off 0-1. I would be surprised if the Eagles lose to the Pats, so I expect NE to start off 0-1.

I can't wait for Monday night!!! GO BILLS!! It will be tough but I suspect we get the win. I just hope Tre doesn't get torched again all night. Can't wait for the game. Excited to see Kincaid and Sherfield and Harris and Cook! Then our D with a new attitude and lenRod Floyd aka Pink.

12 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I think the Chargers are going to beat them Sunday. It would be nice if the fish start off 0-1. I would be surprised if the Eagles lose to the Pats, so I expect NE to start off 0-1.

I myself be shocked if the Pats won. I be very happy if the D played well and the O didn’t look completely incompetent like last year.. lol but I’ll still yell and scream at my TV wanting a win.

hmm.. Chargers just seems be a fraud to me. They play just good enough to never make the playoffs and they didn’t get any better this year. But dolphins being 0-1 be nice too.. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

People should go back and watch that game. The Bills were their own worst enemy in that game. They win by 20 if they didn’t play sloppy football half the game 

• Like (+1) 1

No matter what, everyone hates the Pats more than any other team. Brady proved BB is a fraud once he left NE. Talk all the crap you want Pats fans, your QB1 is garbage, cries to the refs when he is breathed on, cries like a B word because of an ankle sprain, and has a pouty face on the sideline when things don't go his way. Your team is not relevant anymore, so you come to the current team that has been owning the division for the past couple of years and seek approval from their fans for bashing on the Jets. This was a look at me post, kudos for trying to get attention. Every team gets hyped up when an exciting player joins their team, happens to every team, wait until Caleb Williams joins the league. You don't think every fan was sick of hearing about the Pats for 20 years? You act just like that Packers fan that goes to all the AFC East team message boards and ball wash the teams for personal gratification, pathetic.

Just now, MPL said:

The Jets have the longest active playoff drought in sports. That makes them instantly easy to root for. Except for me. F those guys. 

Every season i say the same thing. Hoping we break that drought.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Loving it!!! Hopefully we stay under the radar and keep winning 🏆 

Given that Buffalo is playing the media darling Jets in the first game, those two hopes are probably mutually exclusive.  If Buffalo beats the Jets, they automatically put the league on notice that they will be a significant factor in the playoff race.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.