We are heading into a 12-5 season, maybe better.

Italian Bills

In sport, we all saw it hundreds times, the main reason that makes players/athletes and teams reach unexpected results, is all about motivations. 

Yes.. the famous “chip on the shoulder”. 

Do you think that our guys don’t read what has been said and wrote in this past months/weeks ? 

All the hype on the Jets and Rodgers ? 

That we have too many weak holes ? That McDermott is a very good coach but that he can’t be the coach for a Superbowl trophy ?

And what about the schedule ? Yes.. that our schedule is brutal like hell ? Breaking news: every game start 0-0 and also the other Teams will play the Bills !

And most or all: that Josh is now behind not only Mahomes but also behind Burrow and Rodgers and Hurts ? That he’s a turnovers machine ? 

And many other words… against the Bills. 

I close this way: let the health be with us and you’ll see what the Bills will be capable of this year. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I have no idea how many games they will win, I just hope they keep the big guy upright for everygame.

the athletic did a win total thing and came up with the bills having the third highest wins at 10.7

https://theathletic.com/4816117/2023/08/31/nfl-win-totals-projections-reactions-2/

Buffalo Bills

Win total: 10.7

The Bills, who won 13 games last season, have the talent to be a double-digit win team once again. But they face a more difficult schedule this year, including a much-improved AFC East and road games in Kansas City, Cincinnati, Philadelphia and against the Los Angeles Chargers. Regardless of the difficulty, the Bills should have one of the best offenses in the league and enough defensive talent to steal some close games. — Joe Buscaglia

23 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I have no idea how many games they will win, I just hope they keep the big guy upright for everygame.

the athletic did a win total thing and came up with the bills having the third highest wins at 10.7

https://theathletic.com/4816117/2023/08/31/nfl-win-totals-projections-reactions-2/

Buffalo Bills

The Bills, who won 13 games last season, have the talent to be a double-digit win team once again. But they face a more difficult schedule this year, including a much-improved AFC East and road games in Kansas City, Cincinnati, Philadelphia and against the Los Angeles Chargers. Regardless of the difficulty, the Bills should have one of the best offenses in the league and enough defensive talent to steal some close games. — Joe Buscaglia

Yeah, I saw that. It seemed very reasonable.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think what causes concern is that Miami and the Jets have gotten better there’s no disputing that

The question is have they gotten better enough to beat us while we have also gotten better?

We’re about to find out

Even if they have gotten better, 2/3 of our losses were against them last year anyway. We could split with them this year and the results would be the same.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There’s not a team we play that we can’t beat.  The offense is dominate and D is good nuff.  We’re gonna make our East rivals marvel at our magnificence.  They will petition Roger to transfer to another division.  Go Bills 🦬

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think what causes concern is that Miami and the Jets have gotten better there’s no disputing that

The question is have they gotten better enough to beat us while we have also gotten better?

We’re about to find out

This ^^^ plus our schedule is harder…

Looking at our first 8 games I definitely think we will go 6-2 or better starting off. Heading into the back half of the schedule we need a healthy roster and Von back to his form. It won’t be easy playing cincy, Philly, KC and LAC at home but we are more than capable of winning every one of those games. I mean we beat KC basically every year at their place during the regular season. 

Edited by NeverOutNick

Injuries and coming out flat in games, two things we saw too much last year are concerns as well as a brutal road schedule including KC, Cin and Phil, a sold home game vs London's future team who has the benefit of playing there the week before and then facing a Giants team that you know Daboll circled this game on his calendar the week after playing in jolly old England are all concerns I think are valid.

Can McD keep this team up for every game ? ... I hope so, at least we know Diggs is up every week.

I could see this team anywhere between 9-8 and 12-5 provided #17 starts and finishes every game

48 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Our season rides on McDermott’s ability to be a defensive genius, Dorsey’s play calling, and ultimately Josh and the offense to execute and stay healthy.  Time to play.  Let’s Go Buffalo!

getting rid of Frazier is going to get us another East crown 3 more  playoff wins this year

McClappy needs to wipe that 13 second stain off once and for all-

I'll stop calling him McClappy when we win it all

• Like (+1) 3

I think it's hilarious the way people are declaring the end of the Buffalo Bills.  The most recent example is Acho saying the Bills aren't elite anymore.   Some other talking heads have suggested a 3rd or 4th place AFCE finish for us.  

It seems like the Bills had all this hype last year.  But when we didn't bring home the hardware, we became yesterday's news.  Now the AFCE hype surrounds the Fins and more so Rodgers & the Jets.  

We lost Edmunds.  That's pretty much it.  MLB is the only position where we've experienced a downgrade.  

And, while we might not have been the league leaders in man-games lost to injury last year, our injuries were to our main playmakers: Josh, Miller, White, Poyer, and Hyde.  And while Edmunds' loss will hurt, we did add some guys at other positions who will help. 

I don't get the Fall-of-the Roman-Empire narrative for the Bills.   While the hype has faded, I think the reality is still on solid ground.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I got 14-3

I disagree. Every year they base SOS off of last year's team records. Every year several teams are worse, some better so you can't go by SOS. We opened against the defending champs last year in the Rams and they ended up sucking.

Great point.  Last year the AFC West was supposed to be a blood bath and most of us bought in thinking Broncos, Raiders, and Bolts were ready to beat up on the Chiefs.  Instead the division race was over by week 6.  Bills fans know that super bowls and playoff berths aren't won on paper or in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

12-5 seems like a good projection. I like the Bills flying under the radar this season. I think offensively they are way better. Much stronger along the interior offensive line and Kincaid and the smaller adds at WR will make a difference. 

The team is also still strong defensively and on special teams so thinking they will not be above 10 wins just makes little sense to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Buffalo Bills

I think the thing that helps is that the first half of the schedule is easy with the Raiders, Commanders, Patriots and Buccaneers all being easy games. The Jets, Dolphins, Jags, Giants and Broncos games are all winnable. It's not until we get into the brutal stretch starting with the second Jets games where I think the schedule gets worrisome. If we don't "Bills" things up in the games we "should" win. Then we should get to 12 wins easy

Edited by Buffalo03

9 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

In sport, we all saw it hundreds times, the main reason that makes players/athletes and teams reach unexpected results, is all about motivations. 

Yes.. the famous “chip on the shoulder”. 

Do you think that our guys don’t read what has been said and wrote in this past months/weeks ? 

All the hype on the Jets and Rodgers ? 

That we have too many weak holes ? That McDermott is a very good coach but that he can’t be the coach for a Superbowl trophy ?

And what about the schedule ? Yes.. that our schedule is brutal like hell ? Breaking news: every game start 0-0 and also the other Teams will play the Bills !

And most or all: that Josh is now behind not only Mahomes but also behind Burrow and Rodgers and Hurts ? That he’s a turnovers machine ? 

And many other words… against the Bills. 

I close this way: let the health be with us and you’ll see what the Bills will be capable of this year. 

The whole turnover issues with Allen, especially in the redzone is comical to me.  Allen threw I believe just 1 redzone INT in his whole career during the regular season heading into last year, a year in which our team had a slew of injuries including to Josh's elbow that would have made most QB's miss 4-6 weeks but he didn't miss a snap.  Not to mention he had a first year OC who was pretty bad at calling plays in the redzone.  Now all of a sudden he is labeled a turnover machine in the redzone as if he has been that his whole career.  

Not to mention, Davis was off last year and we found out was playing through an ankle injury almost the entire season and the slot position was a mess.  Then the OL was atrocious and you end up with a piss poor run game and weak weapons so Josh has to try and put the whole team on his shoulders and make things happen.  And that is when he has to press and mistakes can be made.  

Its crazy to me how so many want to tear him down now as if he isn't a good QB just because he hasn't reached Mahomes achievements yet.  Meanwhile, Allen is the all time leader in most TD's over the first 5 seasons of his career (breaking Marinos record), holds multiple playoff passing and scoring records, has a much better stat line in the postseason than Burrow even though Burrow has elite weapons his whole career, and already has been an MVP finalist 3 straight seasons including 2nd to Rodgers one year.  

Allen now has the best weapons he has ever had.  Plus the OL has the potential to be the best group he has had so far too.  He is going to ball out this year

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We’re about to find out

John, I agree the hype train has been all over Miami and the Jests, but no one wants to acknowledge the steady acquisitions and additions, as well as return of top flight players like Tre, Hyde, and Poyer.

Im laughing as well see in 10 days who is the better team and I lay $ it’s the Bills.

12-5 to 13-4!  That’s my prediction.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The whole turnover issues with Allen, especially in the redzone is comical to me.  Allen threw I believe just 1 redzone INT in his whole career during the regular season heading into last year, a year in which our team had a slew of injuries including to Josh's elbow that would have made most QB's miss 4-6 weeks but he didn't miss a snap.  Not to mention he had a first year OC who was pretty bad at calling plays in the redzone.  Now all of a sudden he is labeled a turnover machine in the redzone as if he has been that his whole career.  

Not to mention, Davis was off last year and we found out was playing through an ankle injury almost the entire season and the slot position was a mess.  Then the OL was atrocious and you end up with a piss poor run game and weak weapons so Josh has to try and put the whole team on his shoulders and make things happen.  And that is when he has to press and mistakes can be made.  

Its crazy to me how so many want to tear him down now as if he isn't a good QB just because he hasn't reached Mahomes achievements yet.  Meanwhile, Allen is the all time leader in most TD's over the first 5 seasons of his career (breaking Marinos record), holds multiple playoff passing and scoring records, has a much better stat line in the postseason than Burrow even though Burrow has elite weapons his whole career, and already has been an MVP finalist 3 straight seasons including 2nd to Rodgers one year.  

Allen now has the best weapons he has ever had.  Plus the OL has the potential to be the best group he has had so far too.  He is going to ball out this year

FINALLY, the competitive spirit is coming out from not just the Bills, but our true Bills fans!

Up until a couple of days ago, Inwas getting so disappointed in some of the posters who I know are not Jets trolls, but real Bills and been Debbie downers.  You’d think we were 3-13, bit 13-3 last year.

We are going to kick some ars this year, and watch us come out fast!  We will be 3-1 to 4-0 going to London.  I expect wins over the Jags and Giants.  We still have a solid chance of beating the Cheats, and Bucs.  So I fully expect 7-1 going into Cincy.  Then it gets tough with Cincy, winnable games in the Broncos and Jets (this one I think will be very tough as Rodgers will be in a rhythm).  Then there are more of  murderers row with Philly, KC, and Dallas.

We have to have serious momentum going into murderers row.  We can do it.

You true Bills fans have to BILLIEVE!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

15-2........number 1 seed and 3 more wins in the playoffs is what I see.

That’s the spirit!  Im trying to be pragmatic with the following teams:

Jets 2nd game

Begals

Philly

Chiefs

Dallas

These are legitimate playoff caliber teams and maybe add one to the Fush games.

How will we fare in those games in particular?  If we remain healthy as last year was uncharacteristic for this team under McBeane.

Cam anyone who is a very knowledgeable Bills fan think the other games are at high risk.  The Bucs, Commanders, Cheats.  If you have concerns you need to grow a pair.  Cowboy up as we are going to light the NFL on fire in the beginning and it show far can we keep this

momentum going.  We won’t win them all, but the more playoff type teams we can get the W will determine our year.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

12-5 seems like a good projection. I like the Bills flying under the radar this season. I think offensively they are way better. Much stronger along the interior offensive line and Kincaid and the smaller adds at WR will make a difference. 

The team is also still strong defensively and on special teams so thinking they will not be above 10 wins just makes little sense to me.

I really don't think the Bills are flying under the radar. Sure they aren't the darlings they were starting last season. 

Nevertheless, Vegas I believe has them in the top 5 or so odds to win it all. Almost everyone would agree the Bills are at least top 5 in the AFC and capable of winning it all. 

Frankly, I don't think the hype last year hurt the Bills. Similarly, I don't think less hype this year will help much either. These guys are professionals and able to block out much of the noise. You hear tine after time how they focus on one game at a time.

In short, I just don't see this flying under the angle thesis. Vice versa...

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think you are really going out on a limb to paint the Bills and Allen as victims. 

Allen is a top tier franchise QB. No one disputes that and his importance to the Bills success. However, it is fair to say Allen turns over the ball too much. He's a gunslinger and takes chances. Think Farve and the same criticism existed. Higher risk and higher reward. There has to be a balance and Allen with time is likely to get better with the turnovers. Especially, if he has more weapons, a better oline, a reliable running game, and nice play calling. 

Unfortunately, the game is often measured and quantified by how many rings you get. Mahomes might be in a path to challenge Beady and Burrow whose less physically talented than Allen already beat the Bills. He's already sniffed a SB. Allen will always have his critics until he gets a ring or at least makes a SB appearance. 

I mean look at two hall if framers Kelly and Marino. Just could get it done but both are legends of the game. After highly successful years the experts can and do evaluate careers. Just hope Allen doesn't fall into this category. 

First of all, I hate being negative. I've never talked bad about our beloved Bills on this board. I'm a season ticket holder and am not as optimistic as most here. I think the Bills will be somewhere around 10-7, maybe even 9-8. I really hate saying that, but I'm not sure Beane did enough to bolster the o-line and I'm not sure McD can get this team over the hump . Those are my biggest worries. I'm also not sold on James Cook yet either. I think we split with the Jets and Dolphins. I truly hope I'm wrong and come back to eat crow. I gladly will. With that said, let's Go Bills!!!!! Please prove me wrong. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Vegas odds have Bills favored in every game but 4. So that puts us at 13-4. The Fins are at all but 6 so 11-6. The Jets are at 5 or 12-5. 

CIN is favored in 15 so 15-2. KC is at 17-0. LAC is at 12-5. JAC is at 11-6. BAL is at 11-6. 

Yea but favorites lose lol

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Great point.  Last year the AFC West was supposed to be a blood bath and most of us bought in thinking Broncos, Raiders, and Bolts were ready to beat up on the Chiefs.  Instead the division race was over by week 6.  Bills fans know that super bowls and playoff berths aren't won on paper or in the offseason.

Rex had a serious problem with this bolded concept. I guess he wasn’t really a BIlls fan after all. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.