We are heading into a 12-5 season, maybe better.

Italian Bills

It is interesting that the national media is more positive on Miami than many people in Florida.  Some people believe that Tua won't survive the poor level of play that they expect from their o-line.  Many also think that Ramsey's best days are behind him and his current injury leaves them with a very exploitable secondary.  They also point out the desperate way that the Dolphins seem to be involved to get guys like Cook and Taylor.  It's a pretty popular opinion that they going all in for a one year run before the wheels fall off.  I have to admit that it looks that way to me too.  I'm also starting to hear the remorse for taking Tue over Herbert in the draft.  I'm really glad it happened that way.

• Like (+1) 1

A few things we have going for us:

We get Jets and Raiders early with both teams having new QB's.

We get JAC in London - better than in JAC.

We get CIN coming off a Thursday game so have some extra rest.

We get KC coming off a bye week.

2 of last 3 in warmer weather could actually be a good thing for injuries, etc.

Going against us:

Week 9-16 we have @CIN, DEN, NYJ, @PHI, @KC, DAL, @LAC...that stretch could be 5-6 losses if we are not playing well, have key players healthy, etc. 

End season with MIA if its a game that matters. 

JAC will not need to travel to London since already there prior week.

DEN gets us coming off a bye.

LAC get us coming off a THUR game.

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

This ^^^ plus our schedule is harder…

Yes, although it is also harder for the Dolphins & Jets too, since we have nearly identical schedules.

We all have to play the Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles & Chargers. Those are tough games.

Add onto the fact that we have to play each other twice!

Will it be tough for us this year? Yes. It will also be tough for everyone in our division, too.

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are really going out on a limb to paint the Bills and Allen as victims. 

Allen is a top tier franchise QB. No one disputes that and his importance to the Bills success. However, it is fair to say Allen turns over the ball too much. He's a gunslinger and takes chances. Think Farve and the same criticism existed. Higher risk and higher reward. There has to be a balance and Allen with time is likely to get better with the turnovers. Especially, if he has more weapons, a better oline, a reliable running game, and nice play calling. 

Unfortunately, the game is often measured and quantified by how many rings you get. Mahomes might be in a path to challenge Beady and Burrow whose less physically talented than Allen already beat the Bills. He's already sniffed a SB. Allen will always have his critics until he gets a ring or at least makes a SB appearance. 

I mean look at two hall if framers Kelly and Marino. Just could get it done but both are legends of the game. After highly successful years the experts can and do evaluate careers. Just hope Allen doesn't fall into this category. 

Well lets pump the brakes a bit.  How long did it take Manning to win his first one?  What about Brees who only went to one.  What about Rodgers, also only been to one.  Its not all about the QB despite everyone making it about the QB.  And for all we know, the reason Josh doesn't have one now is because of Frazier and the defense letting him down when he had 9 TD's and no turnovers in the first 2 playoff games 2 years ago.  

Allen was a raw player, he didn't start coming into his own until year 3 as he started his career on a horrific roster with terrible weapons while also being raw.  People act like Allen has been a stud for a decade and just not gotten there.  He has had 2 elite years and one breakout year.  And in all 3 years he has had maybe the greatest to play ever in Mahomes by the time he is done also in his path with one of the best offensive minds as a HC.

And Allen has something like 17 TDs to 3 INTs in the postseason, so again, lets not pretend he has had some kind of INT issue in the post season.  Point is, teams win and lose playoff games, and the team around him especially at OL and the defense have let Allen down big time in the playoffs multiple times now.

That doesn't excuse Allen for everything, but again, for whatever reason things are being exaggerated about Allen.  You responded to a post where I specifically stated that Allen has this narrative that he is a turnover machine in the redzone specifically...even though he had 1 in his entire career prior to last year.  A year where he played hurt, had a first time OC, and tons of emotionally draining things around the whole team last season.  But you brought it back to being about interceptions in general again.  And while he does need to try and reduce them, he still has helmed the #1 scoring offense in the NFL over the past 3 seasons, set NFL records for most TD's in his first 5 years.  And all that is possible because he takes chances others wont take, and the reward has been greated than the risk thus far.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I am a huuuuuge Bills fanatic, but I don’t see a chance in hell we only lose two games in the regular season

We won't know if they pull it off or not that's the whole point of watching them play the regular season.  Certainly this team is capable of such a record so I won't count them out until they actually do lose a 3rd game which might not be until next pre season.   Healthy Josh with more weapons and if ol improves over last year that could be a big deal in offense going ballistic and causing opponents to collapse  under strain of trying to keep up.

New shiny toys are more fun to talk about.  The offense we had last year was with a worse WR, TE, RB and OL group.  I don’t think any team improved its D enough to stop it, or O enough to outscore it.  But other teams have bigger name new players so they get the press. 

Edited by RyanC883

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.