The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

Pretty crazy that Edmunds is in his 6th year and is still just 25 years old.

Unfortunately, like his "physical freak who got drafted really young" predecessor Amobi Okoye, he never quite became the player that his physical talents suggested he had the potential to become.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

Luckily for the Bills, Brandon Beane and his scouts were right on Terrel "too small to play linebacker, looks more like a safety, total waste of a draft pick" Bernard, and here we are.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Pretty crazy that Edmunds is in his 6th year and is still just 25 years old.

Unfortunately, like his "physical freak who got drafted really young" predecessor Amobi Okoye, he never quite became the player that his physical talents suggested he had the potential to become.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

Luckily for the Bills, Brandon Beane and his scouts were right on Terrel "too small to play linebacker, looks more like a safety, total waste of a draft pick" Bernard, and here we are.

Smaller LBers are becoming the norm in the NFL. It is one reason that the run game is making a relative resurgence. I would argue that we are already seeing premiums on DTs that can keep those smaller LBs clean. 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

….but the wingspan AND he is only 19 or 20.  

All of his defenders during his time as a Bill should be embarrassed.  

Actually right now, I think the ones who should be embarrassed are those who wanted to take Beane to the woodshed for his total waste of a 3rd round pick on Terrel Bernard (and Dorian Williams seems to be showing some promise as well - knock wood)

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

https://x.com/KevinMassare/status/1726641779745910906?s=20

Can someone make this embed.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Click on the text of the tweet so that a direct link shows in the browser window.  Then copy that link and paste it in.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Actually right now, I think the ones who should be embarrassed are those who wanted to take Beane to the woodshed for his total waste of a 3rd round pick on Terrel Bernard.

So all the Edmunds apologists are forgiven now that he was kicked to the curb by the Bills?

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Actually right now, I think the ones who should be embarrassed are those who wanted to take Beane to the woodshed for his total waste of a 3rd round pick on Terrel Bernard (and Dorian Williams seems to be showing some promise as well - knock wood)

Click on the text of the tweet so that a direct link shows in the browser window.  Then copy that link and paste it in.

I forgive no one!

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So all the Edmunds apologists are forgiven now that he was kicked to the curb by the Bills?

Sorry, I'm not usually too much into toting around other people's receipts so I don't think about "forgiving".  It's also a thing that some here are very binary in their take.  You're either a "hater" or an "apologist" or whatever.

I can tell you that there were a lot of posts I saw where people were totally over-the-top in their takes that Edmunds was a terrible, horrible, no good very bad player.  Well, if that's true, I doubt the Bills woulda picked up his 5th year option nor that he'd be given the 5th highest ILB contract in FA.  FO's do make mistakes but overall the market is efficient, and Bears HC Eberflaus does know something abaout D.

Note I'm not saying he deserved that contract, or that the Bills should have kept him.  And I suppose there were some people who argued that he was an exceptional player, but most of what I can recall as "apologists" seemed more along the lines of "he doesn't suck, he's not a bad player, he actually plays decently" which is not exactly overpraising him.

• Like (+1) 2

Classic Edmunds from 3 years ago.  I'm glad he's gone. 

For as terrible as Bernard was last year, he's made huge strides.  Bernard is is more productive in his first year as a starter than Edmunds in his third. 

Oh, and Bernard Tea Bagged the Jets Qb, something Edmunds never did. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Classic Edmunds from 3 years ago.  I'm glad he's gone. 

For as terrible as Bernard was last year, he's made huge strides.  Bernard is is more productive in his first year as a starter than Edmunds in his third. 

Oh, and Bernard Tea Bagged the Jets Qb, something Edmunds never did. 

Couldn't even finish the fairly short lowlights video. He was such a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" player in years 2-4. And that's with sincere apologies to players named Jane (and women in general). He had some flashes early, and a few physical plays in his fifth season...but what a waste of a specimen overall.  

Inexcusable the way he saw blockers as a genuine problem. Like he intentionally stopped his momentum to engage with them. Consistently stood up and pushed back. So bizarre when much smaller guys like Milano and now Bernard can look beyond the blockers and continue to attack the play, going right through obstacles at times. It's more about what's between the ears.  

• 4 weeks later...

i dont miss Edmunds much at all.   i surely dont miss watching him get trucked by smaller players regularly.  i dont miss watching him make plays 6 yards past the 1st down marker.   i dont miss watching him take the wrong hole or gap and let a RB gash us over and over.   i dont miss watching him play without understanding leverage.  i dont miss him falling backwards on every tackle.   i possibly miss watching him cover guys,  but thats only because Milano is down.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

i dont miss Edmunds much at all.   i surely dont miss watching him get trucked by smaller players regularly.  i dont miss watching him make plays 6 yards past the 1st down marker.   i dont miss watching him take the wrong hole or gap and let a RB gash us over and over.   i dont miss watching him play without understanding leverage.  i dont miss him falling backwards on every tackle.   i possibly miss watching him cover guys,  but thats only because Milano is down.  

💯 

6 hours ago, section122 said:

Dont look now but he had a pick 6 today and is up to 4 ints on the year.

Bears defense has transformed since the trade for sweat.

If you watch that play, it’s typical Edmunds. He’s standing around, doing nothing and the ball popped into his hands. Kudos to him for running like mad once he had it, but he didn’t do anything special to cause the turnover. 

• Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 2:12 PM, FireChans said:

In fairness, there were a lot of people who loved Edmunds in Bills land.

they have disappeared and walk among us in shadow now. 

I’m one of them and have never back away from my thoughts. He was never as bad as the mob claimed. Same folks said Oliver is a bust. Anyway, that bears defense has been kicking ass the past 5 weeks and so has Tremaine. 

Apparently we’re too busy complaining about our team to remember this thread. I thought it was going to be a weekly “let’s make fun of Tremaine” thread.  You guys disappoint. 
104 tackles, 4 ints, 1 forced fumble
4-1 in their last 5 games. 
Haven't given up more than 20 points in that stretch. 
Giving up an average of 15 points per game in that stretch. 
2 interceptions and 1 forced fumble in that stretch. 
Da Bears were actually in the playoff hunt until last week. 
 I don’t think this happens without him. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I’m one of them and have never back away from my thoughts. He was never as bad as the mob claimed. Same folks said Oliver is a bust. Anyway, that bears defense has been kicking ass the past 5 weeks and so has Tremaine. 

Apparently we’re too busy complaining about our team to remember this thread. I thought it was going to be a weekly “let’s make fun of Tremaine” thread.  You guys disappoint. 

He still stinks. 

Terell Bernard is clearly better. And I don’t think Bernard is some defensive All-Pro future HoF talent. And he doesn’t have Milano next to him. 

The plays were there to be made in the McD defense. And Tremaine didn’t make them enough. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The addition of Montez Sweat has changed their defense 

Not sure how much Edmunds has made a difference TBH

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

It's hyperbole to say that Edmunds was considered "bad".

He was just a huge underachiever in Buffalo........and Terrel Bernard is showing exactly why.

McDermott's defense should make a star out of a MLB............it made Preston Brown the leading tackler in the league in 2017 for chrissakes.........but Edmunds could never do everything from the position.

Bernard has restored what should be "the norm" at the position..........a ton of tackles and big plays of all sorts.

Edmunds has astonishingly made some plays in coverage this season..........but that's the only change.

His production around the LOS is still anemic.......tackle numbers still low........0 sacks 0 QB hits and just 5 TFL to go with 1 FF and 1 FR.

Bernard has not only produced his share of INT's...........but 6.5 sacks, 10 QB hits 9 TFL and 3 FF and 3 FR.

If a player with Edmunds' pedigree and Edmunds' body had done that he might be looking at first team All Pro.

Bernard has only further exposed the deficiencies in Edmunds game...........trying to paint it any other way is foolish.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

He still stinks. 

Terell Bernard is clearly better. And I don’t think Bernard is some defensive All-Pro future HoF talent. And he doesn’t have Milano next to him. 

The plays were there to be made in the McD defense. And Tremaine didn’t make them enough. 

He’s making plays without Milano in Chicago now. You can 💩 it all you want, but it’s fact. 

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's hyperbole to say that Edmunds was considered "bad".

He was just a huge underachiever in Buffalo........and Terrel Bernard is showing exactly why.

McDermott's defense should make a star out of a MLB............it made Preston Brown the leading tackler in the league in 2017 for chrissakes.........but Edmunds could never do everything from the position.

Bernard has restored what should be "the norm" at the position..........a ton of tackles and big plays of all sorts.

Edmunds has astonishingly made some plays in coverage this season..........but that's the only change.

His production around the LOS is still anemic.......tackle numbers still low........0 sacks 0 QB hits and just 5 TFL to go with 1 FF and 1 FR.

Bernard has not only produced his share of INT's...........but 6.5 sacks, 10 QB hits 9 TFL and 3 FF and 3 FR.

If a player with Edmunds' pedigree and Edmunds' body had done that he might be looking at first team All Pro.

Bernard has only further exposed the deficiencies in Edmunds game...........trying to paint it any other way is foolish.

You’re right, the bears are doing this in spite of their big defensive acquisition this year.😂😂

He’s playing better in Chicago than in Buffalo. Otherwise there would be 100 pages of the mob making fun of him. Wonder why this thread went dead? Right, he shut the mob up. 😂😂

That was the premise of my post. Haven’t heard from the mob since the Bears picked it up on defense. Especially Edmunds. 
Foolish is still making fun of him and then shutting the eff up when he balls out. Typical mob mentality. 

• Eyeroll 1

Its accurate to point out that a MLB in this defense should get some good #'s and opportunities, to Edmunds discredit, but I think its also a discredit to Bernard's ascension to think that his current list of impressive #'s would be fully "expected" in this defense. He has surpassed those expectations with such a full stat sheet, and I was one of those that were 100% down on him until he got on the field in meaningful games this season! His arrival may have saved the season more than any player other than maybe R Douglas, with what happened with Milano.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You’re right, the bears are doing this in spite of their big defensive acquisition this year.😂😂

He’s playing better in Chicago than in Buffalo. Otherwise there would be 100 pages of the mob making fun of him. Wonder why this thread went dead? Right, he shut the mob up. 😂😂

That was the premise of my post. Haven’t heard from the mob since the Bears picked it up on defense. Especially Edmunds. 
Foolish is still making fun of him and then shutting the eff up when he balls out. Typical mob mentality. 

I always thought that it was in relation to the fact that you signed this huge contract and we were not able to afford him, but replaced him with a third round pick who has played better

Never understood the Edmund’s bashing It’s simply a salary cap thing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

The addition of Montez Sweat has changed their defense 

Not sure how much Edmunds has made a difference TBH

Sure. I guess he just lucked into the interceptions and forced fumble during this stretch. He has nothing to do with the turn around. 🙄
Typical of TBD to deny this. 
Still funny how the mob has shut the eff up on this particular thread. 

image.jpeg.c78ed21c550d638ce97e6fda1b654b76.jpeg

Dear Bills mafia,

I was having a blast reading the mob poking fun at me. Where y’all at now? Haven’t heard from you in a while. You disappoint .  

Sincerely, 

Tremaine “I miss the mob” Edmunds 

💰 😂

52 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Sure. I guess he just lucked into the interceptions and forced fumble during this stretch. He has nothing to do with the turn around. 🙄

Dear Bills mafia,

I was having a blast reading the mob poking fun at me. Where y’all at now? Haven’t heard from you in a while. You disappoint .  

Sincerely, 

💰 😂

He kinda did.  One was definitely throw at his chest lol.

40 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Dear Bills mafia,

Sincerely, 

💰 😂

Considering that Tremaine had gone like 77 games between forced fumbles you may be right..........he may have just lucked into it. :lol:

Edmunds has been far inferior to the unheralded Bernard this season.......or the heralded Roquan Smith........whom Tremaine essentially replaced after the Bears traded the All Pro to Baltimore at the 2022 deadline (which has since helped transform the Ravens defense).  

And while Edmunds has actually has made some plays in the pass game this season.........he's otherwise been a disappointment..........his PFF grade has fallen precipitously and he's had some embarrassing moments.........like getting benched against the Chiefs.    

Only a dope would be trying to take some kind of victory lap for Tremaine under the circumstances.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Dear Bills mafia,

Sincerely, 

💰 😂

I had my doubts before, but now I am pretty sure that this is either his mom and/or agent. 

New Year’s resolution, be salty!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The two INTs I happened to catch were definitely lucky, as in tipped right to him.

In fairness.........he had a few gift-wrapped tips come hurtling to him when he was with the Bills.........he just reacted like the ball coming to him was an impossibility and got hit with the ball prior to it falling to the turf.    

56 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Edmunds has been solid over the past two months. Coverage, tackling, takeaways. He’s a big part of their turnaround.

Would you be being positive about him if he was wearing a Bills jersey this year?

15 hours ago, Prospector said:

Would you be being positive about him if he was wearing a Bills jersey this year?

NO !!! - 73 Total Tackles - 29 assists - 4 INT's - 0 sacks - 0 TFL's - I'm not thinking he's missed much !! 

Bernard - 134 comb tackles - 53 assists - 6.5 sacks - 3 INT's - i don't think Edmunds is missed !! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Edmunds is a different style LB then what we have now. Comparing him to Bernard or even Dodson is not very effective because the requirements are different. I like Edmunds but at his cost he was not worth it and we have obviously made do with his replacement.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.