Dion Dawkins

Toledo Bill

.Dawkins is such a poor reflection on our coaching staff. Ok, I know he has a big contract and would be hard to move on from but it is ridiculous to have this guy show up every year more out of shape.

He shows no leadership skills and comes across as a fat clown.

He holds a premier position and has turned into, at best an average left tackle.

I really am disappointed that something can’t be done about this. Maybe behind the scenes McD is all over him but I doubt it.

I really feel that his attitude and conditioning has negatively affected the entire team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Ugh this is such a tough one because he's such a great guy off the field and a pillar in the community but yeah his play is just so disappointing at times.  I was really hoping he would come into this season as motivated as ever but so far looking like the same Dion that has struggled heavily the past two seasons :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Our entire oline needs upgraded , we’ve spent big money on defense, while our oline is a hope and prayer every year..When we drafted Allen we should’ve put a top tier oline in front of him. I guess we’re going by the colts play book , and we’re going to wait until it’s to late. All that money on defense, and Allen still has to run around for his life and score 35 points… big baller bean lol 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am amazed that Dawkins has not had a serious injury. A 400 pound out of shape NFL player is a huge risk for a leg injury. With our tackle “depth” we could end up in even worse shape than we are. 
I hope he stays healthy and turns things around but right now he is a huge liability.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t understand how he looks bigger now than when camp started? Bro hiding candy in his pillow case.

To go turtles

1 minute ago, Toledo Bill said:

I am amazed that Dawkins has not had a serious injury. A 400 pound out of shape NFL player is a huge risk for a leg injury. With our tackle “depth” we could end up in even worse shape than we are. 
I hope he stays healthy and turns things around but right now he is a huge liability.

oh, come on he doesn’t weigh 400 pounds

Does he?

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Dawkins is horrible and should never have been paid. This is one of the worst OLs in the league and it’s pathetic 

Big Day for you! Pace yourself, we don’t want to have any unnecessary injuries in preseason!  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love Dion the person.  I disagree with the him not being a leader.  One can lead and be fat. 

That said- his LT play is on the decline and he might be as much of a problem as Spencer Brown.  

Earn your paycheck Aaron Kromer.  Live up to your rep.  We need you this year.  Believe that 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Our entire oline needs upgraded , we’ve spent big money on defense, while our oline is a hope and prayer every year..When we drafted Allen we should’ve put a top tier oline in front of him. I guess we’re going by the colts play book , and we’re going to wait until it’s to late. All that money on defense, and Allen still has to run around for his life and score 35 points… big baller bean lol 

The IOL has been upgraded. Bates is versatile. I'd like to see them hold onto Anderson, because he's looked good at C. Tackle is the issue. It's not outlandish to think that Dawkins can at least raise his game to average. Van Denmark is better at LT. He's shown some promise. RT is the main issue, and it is a concern.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

.Dawkins is such a poor reflection on our coaching staff. Ok, I know he has a big contract and would be hard to move on from but it is ridiculous to have this guy show up every year more out of shape.

He holds a premier position and has turned into, at best an average left tackle.

I really am disappointed that something can’t be done about this. Maybe behind the scenes McD is all over him but I doubt it.

I really feel that his attitude and conditioning has negatively affected the entire team.

People don’t want to hear it. The people love the Shnoman.

Some reasonable posters think he should be Shnowhere near this team. 

Edited by mrags
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Have you seen any pics of him this year, or are your tv and computer like one of those mirrors that make you look skinny?

Yes he's heavy.  Like most every other tackle in football.  Again is that overeating or perhaps still a Covid effect?  My $ if I had to pick would be on the latter.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes he's heavy.  Like most every other tackle in football.  Again is that overeating or perhaps still a Covid effect?  My $ if I had to pick would be on the latter.

This might be the most comical post of the entire year. You win. Nobody else try 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

This might be the most comical post of the entire year. You win. Nobody else try 

Its pretty easy to diaganose guys in full uniform on TV.  Also is is super easy to keep this diagnosis secret from the GM, so that he can't plan around it.  Hope this clears things up for you. 

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Ugh this is such a tough one because he's such a great guy off the field and a pillar in the community but yeah his play is just so disappointing at times.  I was really hoping he would come into this season as motivated as ever but so far looking like the same Dion that has struggled heavily the past two seasons :(

Play on the field is all that matters. Nothing else should be taken into consideration when talking about his future on the team.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our offensive line is in rough shape for the future.

LT - Dawkins is turning 30 this upcoming year and looks like he doesn't have many seasons left.

C  - Is a walking concussion and I'm honestly shocked he is even still playing

RT - Just horrendous.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Leadership and attitude are ok actually great.  His weight seems like an issue to some outside but the bills have no made that a thing. Publicly. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Proove he's overeating.  On the other hand, it can affect stamina which can affect workouts and such.

I mean I don’t know what to say. This should never happen for professional athletes. Can’t be eating chicken wings in major competition. I don’t care who you are. He’s a clown show more interested in social media 

https://wyrk.com/1000-bar-bill-wings/

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

based on what?

Well I could tell you about pro bowls and PFF grades.  I could tell you about him being a captain on the team but all 3 of those things are subjective.

For me, I've never said the guy is Tyron Smith.  He isn't.  He isn't a lockdown LT because he isn't as athletic as guys like Smith, Stanley, or Trent Williams.  But to say he's replacement level, given his track record in the league, id say that's wrong. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.