Zero Bills Preseason Games on National TV

Mark Vader

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I checked and nobody, not even NFL Network is airing any of the Bills preseason games LIVE this year.

I guess the window has closed. :P

I prefer the extra games we get to watch on TV nationally to be the post season playoff games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I honestly don't remember a preseason game ever being aired nationally other than the HOF game.

I also always had an antenna that could pick up buffalo channels so I never paid attention.

There's always been nationally televised preseason games, besides the Hall of Fame game.

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I honestly don't remember a preseason game ever being aired nationally other than the HOF game.

I also always had an antenna that could pick up buffalo channels so I never paid attention.

I think all 3 of the Bills PS games last season were aired nationally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I checked and nobody, not even NFL Network is airing any of the Bills preseason games LIVE this year.

We’re doomed…

• Like (+1) 2

Are you sure? I thought their were no LIVE Bills games on National TV. I think some may be on, but tape delayed on NFLN. The 46 games listed were the live ones (i thought) I may be wrong here.

BTW as optimistic as some folks are, with 46 LIVE games, Yes, it is bullcrap they could not get one Bills game. 

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

It's consistent with how the media always cover the Bills.   Until you're viewed by the general public as legitimately good, the Bills don't get covered.  The general public believed the Bills were good for exactly one year:  from 13 seconds to the loss to the Bengals.   Now, the general public has forgotten about the Bills again.  The Bills have to win something to become relevant to the general public; until then, the networks aren't interested.   It's life in a small market. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

If I was scheduling national preseason games, I would schedule teams with rookie QBs and teams with a lot of roster uncertainty. For the most part, the Bills roster is set.

for me, i would schedule national preseason games with teams who have to play a "name" quarterback.  like wherever baker mayfield is at.  Or justin fields. 

even the Panthers.  because their qb also happens to be a "name" quarterback who also is going to play a ton in preseason.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bryce-young-will-start-preseason-opener

I need 'name' quarterbacks because nationally, i need as many casual fans to watch as possible.   I need those fans to know that the guy they have heard of is going to play.   Hopefully a ton.

And most importantly, i need my advertiser clients to know this.

Edited by maddenboy

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

It's consistent with how the media always cover the Bills.   Until you're viewed by the general public as legitimately good, the Bills don't get covered.  The general public believed the Bills were good for exactly one year:  from 13 seconds to the loss to the Bengals.   Now, the general public has forgotten about the Bills again.  The Bills have to win something to become relevant to the general public; until then, the networks aren't interested.   It's life in a small market. 

We have 6 primtetime games this year lol.  In the "nobody cares" years we would get the mandatory Thursday and that was it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

“No national pregame”

a total garbage take. Who cares.
We have only three 1pm home games. Team has plenty of exposure. 

People who live far from the Buffalo area, who happen to have an interest in the preseason.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

So who should the bills be targeting in round 1 next year? 

image.thumb.jpeg.a532333931fafeaf94afa5a47bb294dc.jpeg

I can see the general mindset of the board if the Bills are slow out of the gate...🤔

(To the tune of 'Rawhide')

🎶Bills back to the cellar,

Sure unlucky fellas!🎵

🎶Blow the whole thing up-

REBUILD! 🎵

🎶Fire Sean and Beane and Dorsey,

Eddie O and his horsey 🎵

🎶Cut them off at the source-y,

REBUILD! 🎵

Trade 'em off!

Move 'em off!

Buy 'em out!

REBUILD!

Aren’t all the preseason games on NFL+?

I guess I don’t even understand the premise of this thread.  Who the hell cares if preseason games are nationally televised?

With the reduction in games from 4 to 3 and the late cutdown date, literally none of these games feature players we’ll be seeing on Sundays this fall.

11 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

You do realize that The Bills are tied with KC and Dallas for the most primetime games this year, right? 

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Aren’t all the preseason games on NFL+?

I guess I don’t even understand the premise of this thread.  Who the hell cares if preseason games are nationally televised?

With the reduction in games from 4 to 3 and the late cutdown date, literally none of these games feature players we’ll be seeing on Sundays this fall.

Can't do the self victimizing "oh woe is us/small market" nonsense if you can't find something to get upset about. Nevermind The Bills being tied with KC, Dallas, L.A. Chargers for the most primetime games. Dallas and L.A. being enormous markets. That really screams of disinterest in the "small market Bills" 🙄Then we have a QB who is a star, went into last season with #1 sales in Jerseys, commercials left and right. It's just such a silly take at this point and I can't believe some of the fans are trying to still use this angle.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, those 6 prime time regular season games really show the media’s “small market bias” towards the Bills.

What a joke; I expected better from you, Shaw.

The Bills are an elite NFL franchise and are treated as such in the media.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think NFL+ streams out of market preseason games.  Not 100% positive on that but it's a place to look.

They stream a lot of them, but I know they're not streaming the upcoming Bills @ Colts. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to watch the replay, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.