What’s Your Reason for Being on TSW?

WotAGuy

How Do You Define Your Bills Fandom?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary reason for being on TSW?

• I’m a football junkie and mostly care about “technical” football discussion
    • I’m between 1 and 3
    • I’m evenly interested in football and the camaraderie of rooting for a team
    • I’m between 3 and 5
    • I’m here primarily for the camaraderie of rooting for a team; but I’m not a football junkie
    • I enjoy trolling; people are so gullible

I’ve been a Buffalo Bills fan for probably about three years prior to the wide right game in the Super Bowl

That put me as a young airman stationed in San Bernardino, California whenever I got new orders and moved to Cape Cod. I was totally thrilled because it was putting me closer to my team.

As fans we have gone through some real highs of going to the Super Bowl’s over a decade of disappointment and been around long enough to see this team claw its way back to dominance

It’s been a fun ride

• Agree 1

I absolutely love the football discussion…especially those who get into the X’s and O’s because that is not my forte.

I’m here because there is no other place that similarly embodies the entirety of the Bills’ fan base, and I love this team like no other.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I wonder if you added a (6) “I’m here to troll.” If there’d be a troll willing to be honest?

Done!  Excellent suggestion. 

Was also considering:

7) I’m a member of law enforcement looking for Crayonz, Hossage and Darth Ice. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

SO in 1999, months after TBD came into existence, I showed up here because there was literally no other way to talk Bills football being far from home back in those days and you had to go to the Rochester paper on the internet or to the BB newsgroup just to get some detailed Bills news. I can't really keep track of who has been here as long as I have, but those who have were probably here for the exact same reason. Nowadays getting information is so easy but to those who are TSW lifers we're still chugging along!

24 years on TSW for me... I still can't believe it has been that long.

• Like (+1) 1

In the past few years as the Bills dragged themselves to a level of accomplishment and dignity, it has been interesting to watch some of the 'can't miss!' teams crash and burn, despite what pundits, owners, GMs, and others predict.  Did anyone think Gase's go round as Jets coach would be the train wreck that the world witnessed? 🤣

Been here since the board's inception, lurking for about five years before finally signing up in February 2003. I come here for the football discussion, for the humor, and to celebrate and commiserate with fellow Bills fans. As someone who has been out of WNY since 1978, the early days of this board were about the only way to get current Bills news. There are several options now a quarter of a century later but this place is still special and sentimental and a habit I just can't...and don't want to...quit. So I keep coming back for the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will say that I rarely frequent these boards after a loss because it is just too toxic for my liking. After a day or two, I'm back for more punishment. 😁

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t live in WNY and this is a place I can talk to other people who also care about something I deeply care about. Sometimes the negativity gets to me, but I expect to be here a bunch more this season because my dad just died and he was the primary person with whom I talked about the Bills. I actually need you guys, warts and all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Curious about the reasons we all have for being here. I’m probably a 3 in this poll. 

I come here to read what @GunnerBill has to say about the team and then laugh at the rest of the “experts” and “business geniuses” and “mensa members” on here.

Best of both worlds really.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t post much these days (here or elsewhere, honestly), but it’s been part of my routine since Todd Collins (though I think my name was different).

Hell, my wife said “you’ve been reading that site the whole time we’ve been married” a few weeks ago.. that’s 24 years!

• Haha (+1) 1

I have been using bills chatrooms from their earliest conception at  the Buffalo Bills official site.

Twobillsdrive is really the only board I post in now because of the many intelligent highly knowledgeable folks who frequent here.

This place to me is one stop shopping.  It is by FAR the best chatroom by sheer numbers alone. And has off the wall forum for comedy music and the kitchen sink.

I'm here for the bills talk and  reading posters with good wordsmith skills who have game . You know who you are ☺️

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.