Happy 98th birthday Marv

\GoBillsInDallas/

Marv, what a mensch, 👍

We really need to have " Marv Levy Day".

What we were privileged to witness during his tenure as head coach will never be duplicated.

Yes, we lost four straight BUT Marv was such an amazing head coach.

If you were a fan of the Bills during this time you understand.

Let's have Marv Levy day at the stadium.

Bring back all of his former players and coaches and Bill Polian.

I know he's not a spring chicken anymore, so let's get the "Marv Mobile " and get this done!

• Like (+1) 1

To other's points, seeing him at the home opener last year was great!

My father turns 99 in two weeks and like Marv, is still in great shape but clearly has been slowing down over the last year. He still cuts his grass and my shovel his driveway if he's in Rochester and doesn't want to wait for the plows to come but now only walks a mile or so at a time whereas two years ago we went on a 4 mile walk together. I was hoping to take him to training camp next week, but he's flying back to Florida the same day as we were going so that's not happening, he did go last year however.

Going back to Marv, I've wanted to mention this for the last year or so but wasn't going to start a topic on it, this seems like as good a place as any. I was watching the series finale of a Tim Allen TV show called Last Man Standing a year or two ago. In the show, Tim's classic car was stolen. In response, his character said the following poem. Most Bills fans likely know that Marv posted this in the locker room after Super Bowl XXV (Giants/Wide Right). Unfortunately Tim's character attributed it to Ronald Reagan instead of giving the Marv (or the original author's) reference:

"Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said,

A little I'm hurt but not yet slain.

I'll just lie down and bleed awhile,

And I'll rise and fight again."

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

that snickers commercial cracks me up to the day lol

I wonder if "team's "secret weapon" Rusty Jones who was charge of nutrition would approve that commercial.

Marv Levy was going to be our guest at our annual tailgate.  Arrangements had been made but there was the COVID outbreak (not him) and he needed to cancel.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Seeing Marv at the stadium before the home opener was one of the highlights of the season for me.  Happy birthday Marv!

Many men a lot younger wouldn’t physically be able to attend.  Amazing guy.

For the new stadium in 2026, he would be 101.  I think before we lose him, Id love for the Bills to put up the famous Marvism quotes in parts of the stadium.

”Where would you want to be, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!”

and of course my favorite..

Men, when it’s too tough for them, ITS JUST RIGHT FOR US!”

That should be aired befor every big game.

We love you Coach.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Any idea is Marv the oldest living member of the Hall of fame?  At 98 can't be too many older ones left.

That was mentioned on Buffalo Bills Live to say he was but I would prefer they showed their work stating who is next oldest without being morbid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.