Herbert deal signed : 262M - 5 yrs extension

TBBills Fan

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yet another deal that makes Allen look like more of a bargain. Did they mention guaranteed cash?

No they just gave the basics

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Until Mike Brown finds his wallet and Burrow gets his deal done. 

Mike brown just said aw *****

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• TBBills Fan changed the title to [Vague Title] Herbert deal-signed 262 5 yrs extension
6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Highest per year ($52.5 mill) QB.  Allen is a steal

For this millionth time, this is not how it works at all. Unless you are going to do this for every top qb that gets signed. “Wow, Dan Marino is a steal!”

and he is a stud but it’s funny how Lamar Jackson gets crushed for not winning enough while everyone loves Herbert. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Herbert deal signed : 262M - 5 yrs extension
7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Until Mike Brown finds his wallet and Burrow gets his deal done. 

Fortunately for Bills fans, I think the Brown wallet will be limited to paying the QB what they must, but then the surrounding cast will drop off as that takes a LOT of guaranteed money put in escrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For this millionth time, this is not how it works at all. Unless you are going to do this for every top qb that gets signed. “Wow, Dan Marino is a steal!”

and he is a stud but it’s funny how Lamar Jackson gets crushed for not winning enough while everyone loves Herbert. 

Speaking for myself I dislike Jackson because he has not been available the last 2 years for the playoffs.. Herbert stays healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Speaking for myself I dislike Jackson because he has not been available the last 2 years for the playoffs.. Herbert stays healthy.

Herbert has all the tools you need. There's just something about him that screams lack of fire/determination to be great. Maybe I'm biased, or maybe it's because I watched him become the definition of Charlie Checkdown last year.

Scorned Fantasy Owner

Edited by buffblue
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That’s valid. But the chargers always get talked about as SB contenders every year and they barely have a winning record with Herbert (flawed stat but elite qbs who make this money should have better than a 25-24 record). 

I really like him but if Jackson choked a way a 27-0 playoff lead, he would be getting crushed. I think Herbert gets the biggest pass in the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Herbert has all the tools you need. There's just something about him that screams lack of fire/determination to be great. Maybe I'm biased, or maybe it's because I watched him become the definition of Charlie Checkdown last year

That was the knock against him coming out of college. Seems harsh that because a guy is quiet and an introvert it’s a bad thing but sometimes you do need to be the leader to get in your teammates’ faces.  Personally, I’d rather play with a guy like Herbert than a dude like Marino who just would constantly scream at everyone.  

Allen has the perfect blend of fire and leadership. Honestly, I’d like him to get in Diggs face more. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That was the knock against him coming out of college. Seems harsh that because a guy is quiet and an introvert it’s a bad thing but sometimes you do need to be the leader to get in your teammates’ faces.  Personally, I’d rather play with a guy like Herbert than a dude like Marino who just would constantly scream at everyone.  

Allen has the perfect blend of fire and leadership. Honestly, I’d like him to get in Diggs face more. 

I pretty much agree, but definitely agree with the last statement. And that's not a knock against Stef

14 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Herbert has all the tools you need. There's just something about him that screams lack of fire/determination to be great. Maybe I'm biased, or maybe it's because I watched him become the definition of Charlie Checkdown last year.

Scorned Fantasy Owner

Idk about that. I give him a lot of credit for the way he finished that Chiefs game last year with I believe it was fractured ribs. Showed me something there as far as guts and wanting to win. He almost brought them back, too. I think some of his checkdown issues stemmed from that.

I do agree there seems to be something "missing" with him though.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Idk about that. I give him a lot of credit for the way he finished that Chiefs game last year with I believe it was fractured ribs. Showed me something there as far as guts and wanting to win. He almost brought them back, too. I think some of his checkdown issues stemmed from that.

Yeah, the guys ribs never healed. He loves to sling it when he is physically able to. Let's hope these guys take a bite out of KC this year 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Idk about that. I give him a lot of credit for the way he finished that Chiefs game last year with I believe it was fractured ribs. Showed me something there as far as guys and wanting to win. He almost brought them back, too. I think some of his checkdown issues stemmed from that.

I omitted from my first post when complaining about fantasy football, but yes, you have to acknowledge Herbert was dealing with a painful rib issue for parts of last season. Not saying he's not tough

• Agree 1

IMO Burrow deserves $310M/5yr then........and all guaranteed and up front from "Money Bags" Mike Brown.  

https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-news-cincinnati-owner-pact-joe-burrow-extension-negotiations

Bills Mafia needs to support Bengals Whatever they are called to get their boy signed with just a $62M per year cap hit.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm sorry.  I didn't ask.  Just pointing out what Rappaport tweeted.  Settle down

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

to be fair, only Lamar is trying to be forced into the top 3 conversation amongst the two. 

no one thinks Herbert is ELITE, just an excellent young qb. If you use the range of is Lamar a top 5-10 guy, everyone loves him too.

20 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Beane wizadry at work. Signed Allen to a deal that only he knew would be passed by others in the following years. Pure genius at work. Just wait for the Trevor Lawrence deal. 

and after Lawrence and burrow… just wait for that Josh Allen guy to reset the market 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s valid. But the chargers always get talked about as SB contenders every year and they barely have a winning record with Herbert (flawed stat but elite qbs who make this money should have better than a 25-24 record). 

I really like him but if Jackson choked a way a 27-0 playoff lead, he would be getting crushed. I think Herbert gets the biggest pass in the league.

Forreal.. And he had 2 great- really good wr and 1 of the best run games 

But la has no choice. Next year that # will just go up

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How is that funny?  Lamont is just another “exciting” regular season warrior who always misses time and sucks in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Lost said:

Who will get the first Billion dollar contract in the NFL?

I mean, if you are looking for volunteers, I stay in pretty good shape and I’m available.  🤷‍♂️

That makes Powerball look like my best shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Burrow just got moist looking at those figures. He’s gonna get paid big bucks real soon. The longer they wait the more it’s going to be. 

Considering the ownership Involved, I could see Burrow miss time or threaten to leave if he doesn’t get that bag in Cinci next year

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.