Giants signing Cole Beasley

dreadlox

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Daniel Jones momentum? He threw for 200.3 ypg and averaged less than a td a game passing. He threw for 334 yards against the Vikings and 341 against the Lions. He only topped 200 yards 4 more times last year, while finishing with less than 200 yards 10 times. He had 2 good games last year, 3 if you count the Vikings playoff game and all 3 came against the 29th & 30th ranked pass defenses.

He did well running the ball, that was actually the biggest jump in his game over 2021. But even including those stats he averaged less than 250 total yards and 1.4 total tds per game. 

Barkley and Jones running the ball was the offense last year. They ended up 4th in rushing, 26th in passing.

By his standards that was a long catch. I checked it out and that 29 yarder tied for his 10th longest catch of his career. 

Cole Beasley is the next Larry Fitzgerald. He will have a career resurgence at 34. Just wait and see. You heard it here first. 

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Cole Beasley is the next Larry Fitzgerald. He will have a career resurgence at 34. Just wait and see. You heard it here first. 

Yeah, he couldn't do it with one of the best QBs in the game, but he's now going to do it with a QB who had 31 other QBs finish with a higher ypg average last year lol.

Beasley hasn't been Beasley since the 10/31/21 game against the Dolphins. He's been a shell of himself since. If Larry's career needed a resurgence, Beasley's career needs to be resurrected.  

Larry's last 3 years before his resurgence: 71/798/4, 82/954/10 & 63/784/2.

Beasley's last 3 years: 82/967/4, 82/693/1 & 6/35/0. 

10 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Anything is possible, but Beasley will have to get his leg injury healed up and get back on the field and make the team first.

Missed the last 2 days practice (see above)

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Anything is possible, but Beasley will have to get his leg injury healed up and get back on the field and make the team first.

Missed the last 2 days practice (see above)

Older, taken a beating and already showed signs of a real slow down at 8 ypc for a season. 

if you need 1 play from your 6th WR he wouldn’t be the worst option possible but anything sustaining an offense week the week would be bad 

11 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yeah, he couldn't do it with one of the best QBs in the game, but he's now going to do it with a QB who had 31 other QBs finish with a higher ypg average last year lol.

Beasley hasn't been Beasley since the 10/31/21 game against the Dolphins. He's been a shell of himself since. If Larry's career needed a resurgence, Beasley's career needs to be resurrected.  

Larry's last 3 years before his resurgence: 71/798/4, 82/954/10 & 63/784/2.

Beasley's last 3 years: 82/967/4, 82/693/1 & 6/35/0. 

Sarcasm is a lost art form.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:02 AM, Beck Water said:

it's not infalliable, but the way a team ranks it's WR is often reflected in $$

Beasley is #8 for the Giants

I don't know if it's a function of injury then continuing recovery, but I thought he was slow getting to the spot in 2021 and painfully slow in 2022.

He was making or attempting to make some circus catches, but in part that was because he wasn't where he was supposed to be (yet) when the ball was thrown

Agree. If he was a bigger player he would still have a spot. He was quick, sure. Those players never last forever. But he ran crisp routes, played smart, and was instinctively effective. If he can stay healthy he still has another few years. Armendola and Edelman were bigger but never lasted for the same reasons.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2023 at 10:55 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Bease is going to EAT in Daboll's loaded offense and this move makes me feel much more confident about picking the Giants to make the SB this year in the NFC.

https://x.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1715358457291759974?s=20

@FilthyBeast Was spot on with this prediction

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Not sure why he's asking for his release when he could just retire, I guess this is him wanting to go to a different practice squad. Which for a guy that played as well as he did, feels like a sad way for him to go out in his career however I felt about his personal opinions and expression of them.

Edited by Warcodered

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not sure why he's asking for his release when he could just retire, I guess this is him wanting to go to a different practice squad. Which for a guy that played as well as he did, feels like a sad way for him to go out in his career however I felt about his personal opinions and expression of them.

If you see him talk, he still believes he is All-Pro caliber. Funny that some said last year he didn't play well because "Dorsey didn't know how to use him like Daboll." Saw that here quite a few times. Daboll had him and didn't feel he was worth a roster spot.

Cole is like some people here. Just can't accept that his time is over and while he once was a great player...the time has come.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Hodges has also been a forgotten man with the Giants this season. I was hoping they'd cut him so we can get him back, or maybe we can toss em the pick they gave us for Boogie Basham for him. 

Hodgins is just another guy.  He should be forgotten

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

You're still getting paid to sit around and keep the bench warm. And It's not like he's out there as some kick coverage gunner or something. Also, I'm guessing he loves the game.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah, as far as I know, a practice squad player is a free agent and can sign with any other team's 53 man roster at any time, or just say "I'm taking my ball and leaving" (doesn't have to formally retire)

The only reason I know of why a practice squad player must "ask for his release", is if he wishes to sign with another practice squad

https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/8/28/23837341/how-it-works-nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-and-more

-Practice squad players are free to sign with other NFL teams, but they have to be signed to the 53-man active roster of the acquiring team. A practice squad player cannot be signed to another practice squad unless he is first released or waived.

-A practice squad player can not sign with his team’s upcoming opponent, unless he does so six days before the upcoming game or 10 days if his team is currently on a bye week.

-If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the new team.

-In order to be signed to a practice squad after being released, a player who is not a vested veteran must first clear waivers, and is subject to waiver claims by other teams.

Beasley can not sign with the Commanders practice squad, but he can sign with anyone else's practice squad.

Still, he said if he didn't sign with a team before training camp and go through training camp with them, he would retire.  So I dunno what's up with that.  Dallas maybe?  The offense is a bit different than when he was there, but he probably still feels he has a rappore with Dak.

16 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Who do I have to talk to about never seeing another freaking Cole Beasley thread in this board?

The dude is washed. Get over it.

Yourself?  I mean, posts on a thread bump it, so you're contributing to the problem.

In general I'm not a fan of revenant threads but the temptation for @strive_for_five_guy to hand Filthy Beast his receipts was overwhelming.

You gotta to admire that.

Well played, Strive.  Well played.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Hodges has also been a forgotten man with the Giants this season. I was hoping they'd cut him so we can get him back, or maybe we can toss em the pick they gave us for Boogie Basham for him. 

I'll ask you the same question I asked the guy who wants to sign Andy Isabella to the active roster:

Who do you want to toss off, to make room for him?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'm going to go with "He is a shell of his former self and his ego won't come to grips with it" for 1000.00 Alex

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Who do I have to talk to about never seeing another freaking Cole Beasley thread in this board?

The dude is washed. Get over it.

Yeah, really. Let’s move on from the malcontent. He’s clown shoes. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But that is not the same FilthyBeast. Or so he claimed last season.

Now just look on these forums for High Football IQ.  Its the same dude.  He did the same thing on the official buffalo bills boards before they shut them down.

As for the thread... I said two years ago Beasley lost a step.  I said last year he was washed.  Everybody here was all mad he was let go though.

• Agree 1

Daboll getting desperate. Kinda sad, I thought he might do great things there but the record, the public shaming of his QB on a stupid play (go ahead and shame him; just do it in the locker room), the unbelievably bad point differential (-96!!!), I think he’s bitten off more than he can chew. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.