Cowherd has it in for Bills

I'm Spartacus

And what was his opinion last year when everyone thought the Bills were the superbowl favorites? I'm sure he was singing McDermott's praises.

It is popular to go after McDermott and the Bills right now. That's why they are doing it. They say what is popular to get clicks and views.

The media building something up only to later tear it down is nothing new or unique to the Bills.

I have to laugh at these media haters who apparently listen to them quite routinely, and then even create posts promoting their shows!

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The media building something up only to later tear it down is nothing new or unique to the Bills.

I have to laugh at these media haters who apparently listen to them quite routinely, and then even create posts promoting their shows!

:thumbsup:

Just passing on what I saw today with Cowherd. Don't follow this tool what so ever. If I recall this is a Bills message board, right?

4 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Not sure what this guys issue is, but he seems to be down on Buffalo and he particularly seems to dislike McDermott. He obviously doesn't like defensive minded coaches. Said there is all kinds of issues with Diggs not happy (whomever is sourses are). Also said McDermott is rigid and hard nosed. Compared him to Caughlin (sp?). Wonder if its all click bait crap?

It's not clickbait. If he says that's what he thinks, it's what he thinks.

Doesn't mean it's anything more than one man's opinion, though.

4 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Not sure what this guys issue is, but he seems to be down on Buffalo and he particularly seems to dislike McDermott. He obviously doesn't like defensive minded coaches. Said there is all kinds of issues with Diggs not happy (whomever is sourses are). Also said McDermott is rigid and hard nosed. Compared him to Caughlin (sp?). Wonder if its all click bait crap?

Probably because Bills fans' buttons are easily pushed. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

And what was his opinion last year when everyone thought the Bills were the superbowl favorites? I'm sure he was singing McDermott's praises.

It is popular to go after McDermott and the Bills right now. That's why they are doing it. They say what is popular to get clicks and views.

Or they change their opinions - very reasonably - as facts and situations change. That's what thoughtful people should do, the intelligent process, as the world changes. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Most, if not all, Bills fans wore the ‘favorite to win the SB’ media tag last season like it was a Lombardi Trophy. Gotta take the good with the bad. It’s not like sports media knows anymore than the average fan. 

I don’t agree with this take at all. Every Bills fan I know personally and myself felt uncomfortable with being the pick to win it all. 

I’m actually happy the media has turned on us. I think the team likes being the underdog (it’s certainly where I feel comfortable), you can tell the way Allen wouldn’t give anything to anyone about one game being bigger than another, and boosted up every team we played. They prefer being the hunter. 

This along with trying to prove the league and pundits wrong that Mcdermott can win it all, I hope will give them a renewed spirit. A little anger to go with that skill. Some guys just play better that way. Jordan and Brady certainly did. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, NUT said:

Cowherd is right about McDermott. Ruining Allens' career.

I haven’t gotten over 13 seconds myself. I’ve questioned McD, but as much as I love Josh, some of it falls on him too. We had home field with a bye week, had Josh not fumbled on the goal line against the Vikings. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NUT said:

stop it. he was a key part in cultivating a culture and plan for Allen's development. how many defensive coaches have been part of a successful development of a raw QB prospect?

every coach has weaknesses, and yes mcdermotts in-game management certainly needs to improve, and he needs to develop a run game.

but to say he is ruining Allen's career is shortsighted to say the least.

Cowerd can make any inflammatory statements about a team with a national following and get radio ratings  and  viewership. When he gets it wrong it’s just “what Colin got wrong “ on his weekly right and wrong segments. He’s trying to set up his narrative of defensive coaches can’t win in today’s NFL. The problem with this reasoning is that the OC and QBcoach along with the offensive coaches are responsible for game planning and play calling. When Shanahan was OC  before taking the SF job ,did it matter who the HC was with respect to the offense. When Dabol called plays for Sean it didn’t affect our Offensive success. The idea that the personnel moves on offense is adversely affected by a defensive coach is also ridiculous because Beane makes personnel decisions.

6 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

You wonder? Not attacking you or anyone else personally, but we gotta stop taking the bait hook, line, sinker. We're being manipulated into lining this guys pockets, and then to make it worse, we're calling attention to everyone "HEYYYYYYY THERES CHEESE OVER HERE EVERYONE!!!!!!"  Gollie does it piss me off imagine him smirking and laughing at "the Buffalo Simpletons", as he walks to the ATM for a max withdrawal

Ignore him completely. Dont click a link, dont like, certainly dont comment on it or draw anyone elses attention to it. The dude sucks, and he doesnt even have those delectable milk monsters around on his show anymore. Seriously those were the best... but this... this is a post-gym nuts*ck sandwich. I dont want a bite and i dont want to watch anyone else eat it either!

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t agree with this take at all. Every Bills fan I know personally and myself felt uncomfortable with being the pick to win it all. 

I’m actually happy the media has turned on us. I think the team likes being the underdog (it’s certainly where I feel comfortable), you can tell the way Allen wouldn’t give anything to anyone about one game being bigger than another, and boosted up every team we played. They prefer being the hunter. 

This along with trying to prove the league and pundits wrong that Mcdermott can win it all, I hope will give them a renewed spirit. A little anger to go with that skill. Some guys just play better that way. Jordan and Brady certainly did. 

I'm not gonna lie I had some fun with it going into the season last year because it was unchartered territory for me as a Bills fan as I was still pretty young during the Super Bowl years so it was kinda cool to pump your chest out a little bit as the Super Bowl favorite...but deep down inside I was terrified of the Bills flopping and that coming back to bite us so now I'm entering this season much more grounded and back to the we'll see what happens on the field state of mind.  The energy level surrounding WNY during this time last year was incredible and just kept ramping up as the season got closer.  It was fun to soak it in a bit.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing to. If you’re disputing the number of the mafia falling for last year’s hype train it might just be your group of friends. Most definitely were on board with the hype last season.

A buddy on the Cowboy:

“Cowherd is a clever man who has research staff help him with stats to frame different argments every day. He has a lot of time to fill every day, which is the problem for these types of broadcasters.

I used to get fooled by him but no more. One day he is selling apples, the next day oranges. I never buy his ***** anymore. I am more interested when his guests sort him out, like Nick Wright who is a bills basher but who knows a lot more than CC.”

6 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The Bills arent the feel good story & Josh Allen isnt an underdog anymore. We are a team thats not good enough and won’t get over the hump. Thats the narrative until we win the Super Bowl or McDermott gets fired.

I kinda disagree. If we made it to the Super Bowl we would absolutely be a feel good story. 

6 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the 'out-coached' point is the worst one, unless mcdaniels can coach the sun to crank up the heat and the clouds to roll away.

I mean, how do you justify the struggle to beat the Phins w a rookie third string QB with no heat?

1 hour ago, NUT said:

I’m not going to say ruining, but wasting may be a possibility.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Here is what we are working against:

He disliked Allen from the start.

He is very close friends w nick wright.

Cowherd has a west coast bias.

He's also interested in building up fan bases in big market areas, so usually cuddles these markets.  

He's enthralled by academic or trendy coaching....aka Pete Carrol kinda stuff. 

Yes, agreed he loves gimmicky offensive stuff too. 

The guy is a character, full of himself and has become above research or rational thought. He prides himself on intellectual, or rather pseudo intellectual versions of hot takes.  Many of them fold under any deep look.  He's not as wild as Nick, but he's still a construct. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cowherd has never, NEVER been on the Bills. He has always hated the team because he hates small market franchises. Among plenty of other reasons he doesnt like our team. Go back to ignoring him.

He has like 2 decent takes across ALL of his sports opinions, and both have to do with how stupid most Sports Radio Callers are.

You don’t listen much … he’s been rather complimentary of the Bills up until recently. Maybe he’s an idiot, or maybe he’s seen something that Bills fans don’t want to see.  Either way,he’s got an opinion that might be different than yours, therefore he’s a moron 😂

Do you guys think Cowherd has any impact on how the team plays?  Do you think his comments or this thread will end up on a billboard?  

I love this team.  I can forgive the Cinci loss....I think they were burnt out, and they played like it.  I think that's part of the reason Diggs was so pissed.  The team didn't show any passion.  They were cooked.  That game was an aberration.

But that was last year.  Hamlin's fine.  Beane has done a great job plugging holes and finding talent.  The draft was exciting.  Signing Leonard Floyd was excellent.  

I don't care what Cowherd says about our coach.  

I do care what many of you say about our coach and our team.  That's why I check in here a few times a day.  Bills fans are so damn loyal, and nobody deserves a championship more than the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I think he has a few alts on this board.

15 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I think he's constipated.

Cowherd fancies himself an intellectual but he's just a dumb sports radio guy like the rest. He is a poster child for a bandwagon fan. When the Patriots were at their peak all he spoke about was Brady and Belichick. Same with LeBron and Alabama.  He covets big market listeners. 

The popular narrative now is the league has moved past Buffalo and the scapegoat so far is McDermott and not Allen. 

What people jump to is some media bias against Buffalo. Its not true. The media follows winners and good/bad drama. And now KC and Cinci are winning more than Buffalo.  No big name free agents means no good drama. All the Bills have is a Diggs drama, the Madden curse, and a 6'5 slot WR to talk about now. When the Bills start winning big games on national TV early this season the Bills will be the talk of the NFL again.

Cowherd is very talented and its very hard to do what he does.

He does come up with narratives and strokes them for a period of time.  For awhile, it was the Bills were great and one of their strengths was coaching.

Now, coaching is going to be a hinderance.  If the team does well in the regular season, then it will be 'lets see if McDermott and Allen can actually get it done in the playoffs", then after the season, the narrative will change.

19 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

It’s not “click bait.” There will be a lot more of this throughout the summer. We may need a single national media thread where posters can work through the fact the Bills aren’t the favorites anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

It’s not “click bait.” There will be a lot more of this throughout the summer. We may need a single national media thread where posters can work through the fact the Bills aren’t the favorites anymore.

But the media isn’t unearthing anything noteworthy.

It’s Chiefs, it’s Bengals, and it’s the New York Jets hype train.

What we really need is another former player to sit on the set and tell us “they really like what Miami is doing”. 

21 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Really? You’re really not sure what his issue is? 

He’s baiting you and you continue to put money in his pocket. Jesus. 

• Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

But the media isn’t unearthing anything noteworthy.

It’s Chiefs, it’s Bengals, and it’s the New York Jets hype train.

What we really need is another former player to sit on the set and tell us “they really like what Miami is doing”. 

😂 but if we get one to sit and tell everyone the Bills are going places, everyone will jump on board with the “told you so!”.   It’s all a bunch of blowhards looking to get paid for talking about nothing.   Bills fans are horribly gullible, they will defend the team to death, even when it’s not deserved. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I do care what many of you say about our coach and our team.  That's why I check in here a few times a day.  Bills fans are so damn loyal, and nobody deserves a championship more than the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

Please add Cleveland & Detroit lol