Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I actually have an inside source on this project.

Spoke to him yesterday at dinner. He said there will almost certainly be a live feed of the project as it progresses

This will be as exciting as waiting for that giraffe to give birth was. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Spoke to him yesterday at dinner. He said there will almost certainly be a live feed of the project as it progresses

You just know that some of the footage will be a GIF at some point, and it’s gonna be funny as hell, 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I basically have no life........ so, I'm in.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/13/2023 at 2:42 PM, Bubba Gump said:

Was gonna say the same thing. One guy in the hole, 10 guys standing around with their thumbs in their sphincters.

Don’t be jealous…, 

3 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Hmmm? Frankly, I thought it'd be bigger.

That's what she said

or

This is spinal tap, Stonehenge

Pj-sOM.gif

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

duh.

Thanks for the polite response.  🙄

I didn't think it was so "duh".

The varying doctor-by-phone services are significantly less than appointments in person are.  

I'm not surprised, just didn't think it was "duh" obvious.  

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks for the polite response.  🙄

I didn't think it was so "duh".

The varying doctor-by-phone services are significantly less than appointments in person are.  

I'm not surprised, just didn't think it was "duh" obvious.  

no disrespect intended, just saying that any opportunity to milk the patient financially, of course they’re going to take it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I hope they install the live web cam(s) during construction. The challenge with something as large as an NFL stadium is picking a view that shows anything significant. On some of our larger projects the Contractor will install multiple cameras so you can switch between views, and then move them as the project progresses so you’re not staring at an unchanging blank wall for weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

We may not have a live webcam…yet. But there must be someone on here that can drive by the site once a week and take a photo through the fence….no? 

A live webcam would be cool. The Isles had one when UBS was being built. 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

A live webcam would be cool. The Isles had one when UBS was being built. 

The Orchard Park site is perfect for one. I’m assuming they’ll mount it on one of the light poles for “Rich” Stadium. From that height and angle we should be able to get a great overview of the progress. 

• Like (+1) 1

I stopped by yesterday popped into the store, saw the construction site, prayed to the Bills gods in Hammer's Lot...  :beer: 

The site right now is really a bunch of dudes putting up a, not quite straight, fence line around the entire site.  Definitely a lot of piles of dirt and trees down over by ECC too and some heavy machinery rolling around, but not really much to see yet... 🤷‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/16/2023 at 9:14 AM, SoCal Deek said:

I hope they install the live web cam(s) during construction. The challenge with something as large as an NFL stadium is picking a view that shows anything significant. On some of our larger projects the Contractor will install multiple cameras so you can switch between views, and then move them as the project progresses so you’re not staring at an unchanging blank wall for weeks. 

Or, just hear me out, GoPro type cameras on the workers.  You can choose which person/trade you want to "follow along with" as they work.  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

We may not have a live webcam…yet. But there must be someone on here that can drive by the site once a week and take a photo through the fence….no? 

I thought about doing that. Driving by once a week to take a pic of the site. Get a complete before, during, and after it’s built. But I’m sure you won’t be able to see much from the street with the fences they will be putting up. 

but that gives me the idea. A buddy of mine lives only about 2 miles away down Parker Rd. Maybe I can convince him to let me take his drone out every week or so to get some good above pics. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Or, just hear me out, GoPro type cameras on the workers.  You can choose which person/trade you want to "follow along with" as they work.  

They can do it but from my experience you’re really not going to see very much. The view would be too close up. The camera needs to mounted a good distance away to ultimately get the time lapse video everyone will want. This is not to mention the liability for the Contractors. A construction site is a pretty dangerous place. The last thing these companies want is a live video showing a myriad of inevitable safety violations laying around. 😉

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

This was some footage when UBS was being built for the Isles. Just to give fans an idea if the Bills do the same for their stadium.

They literally kept a fixed camera pointed at the construction site the entire time so you could log in every day and see how much work was done.

Edited by mathja
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

So. I drove by today and took some pictures. If someone wants to message me I’ll send you the pics and you can post them. The files are too large to post and I always have problems trying to downsize them. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1slFkG1Tgt1z6Sr5_PsRrflmzreYclzkI?usp=sharing

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I definitely see the footprint for a dome being done. SURPRISE!!!!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1slFkG1Tgt1z6Sr5_PsRrflmzreYclzkI?usp=sharing

Thanks for posting. I managed to pull up right across the street from the stadium right there. But you can see there was workers putting up a fence as I was there. I’d imagine after the fence goes up they will put some covering on the fence so you won’t be able to see. 

but I did have a conversation with my buddy and we’re thinking a drone view once a week would be really cool. So we may be starting that soon. 

• Like (+1) 1