Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• 1 month later...

Drove by the site today since I was in the area for work.  Not much to look at, just a big hole in the ground with large piles of dirt around it. 

Oh, and Danny's South has 10 cent wings on Mondays, 2pm-10pm.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Drove by the site today since I was in the area for work.  Not much to look at, just a big hole in the ground with large piles of dirt around it. 

Oh, and Danny's South has 10 cent wings on Mondays, 2pm-10pm.  

For anyone looking for updated pics that @Draconator has posted. Here’s the latest ones from about a week ago. Massive hole in the ground now. They were driving huge earth movers in and out of the hole and you couldn’t see them once they were at the bottom. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1slFkG1Tgt1z6Sr5_PsRrflmzreYclzkI?usp=sharing

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, mrags said:

For anyone looking for updated pics that @Draconator has posted. Here’s the latest ones from about a week ago. Massive hole in the ground now. They were driving huge earth movers in and out of the hole and you couldn’t see them once they were at the bottom. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1slFkG1Tgt1z6Sr5_PsRrflmzreYclzkI?usp=sharing

Looks like a lot more area fenced off than it seemed would be.  

That's a lot of parking that will be missing. 

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Looks like a lot more area fenced off than it seemed would be.  

That's a lot of parking that will be missing. 

The fence surrounds the entirety of all the parking on the west side of Abbott. From all the way north near southwestern, right up to Hammers lot. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

The fence surrounds the entirety of all the parking on the west side of Abbott. From all the way north near southwestern, right up to Hammers lot. 

If I'm not mistaken, that's more than they said would be blocked off.  

It also seems to be around 40% perhaps a little more of the primary parking.  

Should be interesting.  

2 hours ago, mrags said:

When the season starts leave early for home games just to see how the parking/traffic will go. In NJ it was a pain in the ass parking at the Meadowlands for 3 years when MetLife was being built right next to Giants Stadium.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

If I'm not mistaken, that's more than they said would be blocked off.  

It also seems to be around 40% perhaps a little more of the primary parking.  

Should be interesting.  

I honestly don’t k ow what they said would be blocked off. I know they announced the camper lots would be done until the new stadium is built. 

eh on the 40%. It’s probably less than 30% of what the Bills lots COULD hold. Not the majority of that side of Abbott always seems dead to me on game day. There’s the campers there then a whole bunch of open space. The lots of Southwestern are easily their largest lots. Then there’s the few smaller lots on the side of the field house and across the street on Abbott behind the chiropractor I think is there’s as well. 

personally I don’t think it’ll effect too much as probably 30-50% or more of Bills fans park in private lots around the stadium. Those private lots aren’t changing. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

When the season starts leave early for home games just to see how the parking/traffic will go. In NJ it was a pain in the ass parking at the Meadowlands for 3 years when MetLife was being built right next to Giants Stadium.

This may be effected. As the % of fans that DO park in the Abbott lot that is closed down will have to find somewhere else to park. It will clearly be a bit busier in the private lots. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The fence will encompass WAY more area than the stadium footprint. The Construction Team needs what is called a ‘lay down’ area for materials, trailers, and equipment to be stored and moved around the perimeter. You can imagine how much ‘stuff’ needs to be delivered to a massive construction project. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/11/2023 at 3:13 AM, JoPoy88 said:

Pretty much OT but I just read a couple things about this crazy thing in Vegas that Populous also built:

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/08/sphere-las-vegas-venue-shows

apparently opening in September with U2. (Cost: $2.3B for those curious.)

That thing has been under construction for what seems like forever. 

23 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

As this moves forward, I'm just curious if anybody can fly their drone near/over this site. FAA certainly wouldn't have a (good) reason to restrict the airspace, would they?

I’m going to be up there at the end of the month for a funeral.  I’ll bring my drone and see if I have time to go over there and give it a shot.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

As this moves forward, I'm just curious if anybody can fly their drone near/over this site. FAA certainly wouldn't have a (good) reason to restrict the airspace, would they?

No.

Flying a drone there would not be a problem.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I’m going to be up there at the end of the month for a funeral.  I’ll bring my drone and see if I have time to go over there and give it a shot.

Some STH should contact the Bills FO and ask them to do this weekly or at least monthly.

Wouldn't take but an hour to do an upload the video.

Expense is a non-issue.

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Some STH should contact the Bills FO and ask them to do this weekly or at least monthly.

Wouldn't take but an hour to do an upload the video.

Expense is a non-issue.

Or a 24-7 webcam. The Isles did that when UBS was being built.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Any word when the "fan experience" center will be done and when they start hosting season ticket holders?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money-1024x640-1.jpg

The Fan Experience center is already in trouble and ground was just broken.  Cost overruns are going to be huge as the price of wood paneling has sky rocketed.  The good people of Cheektowaga are stripping their basement walls and donating as much wood paneling as they can to try and keep this project on track.  The new renderings look truly to be "Built for Buffalo"

Basement.jpg

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The Fan Experience center is already in trouble and ground was just broken.  Cost overruns are going to be huge as the price of wood paneling has sky rocketed.  The good people of Cheektowaga are stripping their basement walls and donating as much wood paneling as they can to try and keep this project on track.  The new renderings look truly to be "Built for Buffalo"

Basement.jpg

Love the dome!

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Basement.jpg

How in hell did you get a picture of my childhood home. Drop ceilings and wood paneling, priceless.

47 minutes ago, Jukester said:

How in hell did you get a picture of my childhood home. Drop ceilings and wood paneling, priceless.

Half the suburban basements surrounding Buffalo looked similar to that-including the one I grew up with.

Did yours have drop ceiling panels knocked out from hockey sticks when playing street hockey down there? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Half the suburban basements surrounding Buffalo looked similar to that-including the one I grew up with.

Did yours have drop ceiling panels knocked out from hockey sticks when playing street hockey down there? 

Yes, and holes in the walls. 😂  Great memories.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Drove by the stadium yesterday and took some pics. The hole seems to be getting larger and deeper. They have some large hole diggers/augers on site now as well. 

something I noticed before but never took pictures of, is they are moving all the earth around the ECC campus. First time I witnessed the large trucks actually transporting it. Managed to take a pic while driving. Didn’t come out so great. 

they also have Ferguson Electric on site doing some work right out by the road at the front corner near Hammers lot. My guess is they were finding some underground lines along the street. 

new pics start at image 30. Enjoy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, Jauronimo said:

Basement.jpg

For a minute, I thought it was the room where Tommy DeVito got whacked. 🤔

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Drove by the stadium yesterday and took some pics. The hole seems to be getting larger and deeper. They have some large hole diggers/augers on site now as well. 

something I noticed before but never took pictures of, is they are moving all the earth around the ECC campus. First time I witnessed the large trucks actually transporting it. Managed to take a pic while driving. Didn’t come out so great. 

they also have Ferguson Electric on site doing some work right out by the road at the front corner near Hammers lot. My guess is they were finding some underground lines along the street. 

The dirt has to go somewhere. The new field level is still many feet below grade. They either need to stockpile the soil on site or haul it off. They’re going to need a significant amount of import to fill in the current stadium but storing it on site for three years seems a bit long. By the way…Once they reach the new field level, they’ll remove a few feet more and then reinstall it under compaction to stabilize the base and support the new structure. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The dirt has to go somewhere. The new field level is still many feet below grade. They either need to stockpile the soil on site or haul it off. They’re going to need a significant amount of import to fill in the current stadium but storing it on site for three years seems a bit long. By the way…Once they reach the new field level, they’ll remove a few feet more and then reinstall it under compaction to stabilize the base and support the new structure. 

Yeah. I wasn’t assuming anything about where and how they were displacing the earth. I’ve known for weeks now they have been moving it around the ECC campus. It doesn’t appear they are “storing” it there though. They’ve created dirt roads that probably stretch over a mile long from the stadium. I don’t see piles of it anywhere except at the stadium site. I see them leveling the ground around ECC. Filling in low spots and fortifying mounds they already had established for what I imagine to be aquifers around the campus. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, mrags said:

It would be nice to get some drone shots.  What you saw is about what I saw a week before.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I remember S Leonard Smith on the 90's Bills roster carved a Buffalo Bills logo in his hair and the entire school it seemed had it within a weeks time. Good S too, I really liked him and Nate Odoms.

Leonard Smith and Nate Odoms showed up at annual tailgate and the golf tournament day before.

Both were very nice social guys.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, Jauronimo said:

Basement.jpg

I heard the wind confuser is going to be made with asbestos shingles. 

• Like (+1) 1