Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

8 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Needs a coat of paint, maybe some Spackle and it's ready to go.

In your defense, it is a bit of a Buffalo tradition to tear up perfectly good plans for a football stadium at the last moment and then do something completely different resulting in numerous lengthy lawsuits.

That said, it ain't happening. They could unearth the Ark of the Covenant at the OP site and it's still going there.

It ain’t over yet. Remember Bass Pro? The Rainbow Bridge? Anything is possible. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Just wait to they can raise it on a helicarrier like in Avengers.  

That way they can have it with backdrop of actually falls of Niagara Falls.

I once flew as a guest in a C-130 based at  NF Air National Guard.  They took us up for a quick hop---and lowered the ramp and we were looking down at the falls....and then the Ralph!  Pretty wild. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Speaking of the new stadium, I didn't see that anyone had posted this.  It's about time.  Presumably they'll do this monthly.  

I would think that there'd be more excavation and earth-moving equipment there, what they have seems oddly sparse.  Gonna take longer than expected at that rate.  

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

With the RV lot being taken over for the build is the brick washroom still around behind Hammers? Or did that come down?

Anything behind Hammers is fenced off. You won’t have access to it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/6/2023 at 11:35 AM, PBF81 said:

I would think that there'd be more excavation and earth-moving equipment there, what they have seems oddly sparse.  Gonna take longer than expected at that rate.  

Need to bring in Parker Schnabel

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Heitz said:

The Bills are F'n up my home opener housing plans! 🤣 :beer: 

Yeah well, I kept telling everyone about what was going to happen months ago with this new stadium and nobody wanted to listen to me. 

3 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I'm gonna pee on whatever I have access to.  Cause ain't no way I'm waiting for those porta potties

Usually @Heitz car door is a good spot 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Yeah well, I kept telling everyone about what was going to happen months ago with this new stadium and nobody wanted to listen to me. 

For the home opener I would leave at least 30 minutes earlier than usual just to see how the traffic/parking will play out. It will be an inconvenience for the next 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

For the home opener I would leave at least 30 minutes earlier than usual just to see how the traffic/parking will play out. It will be an inconvenience for the next 3 years.

Understatement. But don’t advertise that. I’m hoping to watch the idiots try and show up at normal times and complain they can’t find parking spots 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Understatement. But don’t advertise that. I’m hoping to watch the idiots try and show up at normal times and complain they can’t find parking spots 

Those who do show up at normal times will be SOL. Same thing happened to fans who tried to show up at normal times when MetLife was being built right next to Giants Stadium which reduced the parking spots significantly.

Edited by Gregg

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Those who do show up at normal times will be SOL. Same thing happened to fans who tried to show up at normal times when MetLife was being built right next to Giants Stadium which reduced the parking spots significantly.

Personally I don’t think much parking is or will be lost. Most of the lot that has been blocked off has been used for campers. And some busses. I personally don’t know anyone that parks over there. I haven’t been in that lot in over 20 years. It’s a very large lot, but not a lot of cars park there and tailgate. Even over the past few years the Bills cut parking out of that lot and created corporate tailgating. Yes, it will cut out some parking but I personally don’t feel like too much will be effected. We will see as time goes on. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

People think we're getting a lemon for 1.9 billion dollars

It's obviously going to be amazing and one of the most expensive stadiums the world has ever built

Yes it’s going to be a great stadium. The concourses will be unbelievable. But they’ve yet to really release any good photos or video of the new stadium IMO, which is odd. Maybe still finalizing stuff and making changes.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is how you stadium.😳

😳

I’ve been to maybe a half dozen games in the old Nashville stadium, and I always had a great time. The stadium was nice without being too elaborate and it looked like a place where football was played. I’m sure the new stadium will be a great experience, but I find the exterior to be ugly as sin. It ain’t no Minneapolis! But to each their own. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Titans are getting this beatiful structure for $2.1B 

We are getting the toilet bowl for $1.9B

Maddening.

toilet-top.png

You are forgetting how those prices magically rise. We have some recent evidence of that. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Titans are getting this beatiful structure for $2.1B 

We are getting the toilet bowl for $1.9B

Maddening.

toilet-top.png

sometimes it's good to know when a joke has run its course.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

sometimes it's good to know when a joke has run its course.

I wish it were a joke. But it's not. It is reality.

This will go down as among the largest blunders in New York State history and top three in Buffalo history.

The design is terrible, the funding mismanaged, and taxpayers should be outraged that we are receiving less for our dollar than our taxpayers nation wide.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Einstein said:

This will go down as among the largest blunders in New York State history and top three in Buffalo history.

The design is terrible, the funding mismanaged, and taxpayers should be outraged that we are receiving less for our dollar than our taxpayers nation wide.

Hey look!  Trolly Trollstein is back!

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

if you'd like to cling onto this...go nuts.  i'm excited for the new stadium and i think it looks great.  to say it will go down as one of nys biggest blunder in history is just foolish.

1 minute ago, eball said:

You said you missed him 🤦🏼‍♂️

come on...he's fun.

Just now, teef said:

if you'd like to cling onto this...go nuts.  i'm excited for the new stadium and i think it looks great.  to say it will go down as one of nys biggest blunder in history is just foolish.

The shape is literally that of a toilet bowl. The egress resembles a department store. There is no roof. It is a football-only facility. These negatives were all seen as "cost of doing business" due to saving a significant amount of money. 

However, now we find out that the total cost will come close to other stadiums that have a roof, are not shaped like a toilet bowl, are convertible to other entertainment, etc. 

It is a massive blunder and it's upsetting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If there was any question about ticket prices or seat licenses, these cost overruns, and however much more to come, answer the questions.    It's going to be costly, and the Pegulas will not simply swallow the whole cost.    Even if the Pegulas eat half of it, and put the other half on the fans, that's $150 million!  Ain't making that parking cars.   It only can come from ticket prices.  

It's the classic small market dilemma - it's expensive to play in the big leagues.    Bigger markets have more people with discretionary dollars, and more dollars. 

Maybe I'm wrong.   Maybe the Pegulas will take the whole cost of the overruns.   What they're trying to do owning and running these teams is give Buffalo a big league experience.   It's what they signed up for.   That's an incredible commitment of personal wealth tied up in this business risk, and they may view it as the chance they took when they got into the NFL.  

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The shape is literally that of a toilet bowl. The egress resembles a department store. There is no roof. It is a football-only facility. These negatives were all seen as "cost of doing business" due to saving a significant amount of money. 

However, now we find out that the total cost will come close to other stadiums that have a roof, are not shaped like a toilet bowl, are convertible to other entertainment, etc. 

It is a massive blunder and it's upsetting.

it's the shape of many other stadiums.  we get you think you're clever by calling it a toilet bowl, but it looks fine.  we know there's no roof.  you repeatedly told us it would take 300-400 more only to add a roof.  the overages are already beyond that, so just move on from not having a roof.  concerning being an only football facility...that's the way most stadiums are.  it's been re-hashed multiple times on here that a dome wouldn't change that.    you seem to think the bills are just overpaying for the sake of it.  you don't think the cost of the titans new stadium won't skyrocket too?  

this isn't a massive blunder at all.  it's a new stadium keeping the team in the area for year to come.  it's just your perspective on it, and most of us know what that's worth.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1