Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Back on point — the Bills clearly did not try to scrimp or save in the research and design of their new home.  It’s going to be fantastic.

You know this how? From the renderings of a big Buffalo outside of the stadium and the “freeze baby” flags?

Unless you have seen pics or know the details of the stadium that haven’t been released to the public, not sure how you know for sure that it will be “fantastic”. 

49 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You know this how? From the renderings of a big Buffalo outside of the stadium and the “freeze baby” flags?

Unless you have seen pics or know the details of the stadium that haven’t been released to the public, not sure how you know for sure that it will be “fantastic”. 

Did you watch the production with the designers, going through all of the details of how they traveled around the world visiting stadiums and deciding what they wanted to make the best experience in Buffalo?  Did you hear Pegula talk about how every seat needs to be a great seat?  Too many people are fixated on “dome” when it was never going to be a consideration.  They want football in Buffalo to be football in Buffalo.  The stadium will be amazing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

The NFL found a way to make it work for Jacksonville. They could find a way to make it work for Buffalo too - if they wanted to. Will they? No. Especially not without a downtown stadium.

If we built a $3B domed stadium in the heart of downtown Buffalo we still wouldn't get a Superbowl. It's not about the dome. It's not about the location. It's really not even about the hotel space. Nobody wants to be in Buffalo in the middle of f*cking February. How hard is that to understand? 

Yes, let's have hundreds of reporters from around the world trapped in their rooms during a -10 degree whiteout reporting on....on....nothing?

Buffalo is not nearly as bad as it's portrayed in the media, but it really doesn't shine in January/February. And that's being polite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I looked up the requirements.  The NFL states you have to have hotel space equivalent to 35% of the stadium occupancy plus additional hotel space for the teams, league officials, dignitaries, and such. And I think they want them within an hour of the stadium.   So you have I believe 65k seats planned for the new stadium so that’s 22750 seats.  Add in teams, dignitaries, and such round it off to 30k.  I don’t think we have that.  Maybe if you throw in Motel 6’s and such.

I would have preferred a downtown venue but that would have required a lot of funding for relocation and razing of space which may have affected the deal.

Well, if you’re talking hotel space within an hour does that mean we get to add in Rochester as well? If that’s the case idk. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't see these cities ever hosting again..  It will be destination cities.

I mean Minneapolis just hosted less than 5 years ago. It wasn’t like they hosted in the 90s 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well, if you’re talking hotel space within an hour does that mean we get to add in Rochester as well? If that’s the case idk. 

I mean Minneapolis just hosted less than 5 years ago. It wasn’t like they hosted in the 90s 

Minnesota actually hosted the Bills 2nd Super Bowl against the Redskins in January of 92. I don't know of any other Super Bowl outside of that though 

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Yes, let's have hundreds of reporters from around the world trapped in their rooms during a -10 degree whiteout reporting on....on....nothing?

You just described Super Bowl XLVIII in New Jersey. It snowed half a foot the day after the game.

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

Correct. Doesn’t change my opinion.  That SB was brutal for visiting fans.  -23 wind chill outside the stadium.  A total dud.

The SB will always sell out no matter where it is. But the NFL doesn’t want any SB story to be how rough the experience was

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

But the NFL doesn’t want any SB story to be how rough the experience was

You’re likely correct in that assertion, however I think they are making a mistake. I think it would be fun to have the game in all different atmospheres, cultures, etc.

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You’re likely correct in that assertion, however I think they are making a mistake. I think it would be fun to have the game in all different atmospheres, cultures, etc.

Minneapolis is a culture?

anyway, it has to be a location people want to go to and spend time in, not a place they would only visit to watch the SB in person

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, eball said:

Did you watch the production with the designers, going through all of the details of how they traveled around the world visiting stadiums and deciding what they wanted to make the best experience in Buffalo?  Did you hear Pegula talk about how every seat needs to be a great seat?  Too many people are fixated on “dome” when it was never going to be a consideration.  They want football in Buffalo to be football in Buffalo.  The stadium will be amazing.

Traveling around the world automatically means the stadium will be fantastic? So great that they have hardly revealed any stadium renderings or videos?   Okee dokee…pass the kool aid. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m sure it will feel fantastic at first,  because if you put aside nostalgic feelings, the current stadium is a dump 

• Haha (+1) 1

Minneapolis is a culture?

Of course Minneapolis has culture. You see it in the art - bold and unpretentious. Museums like the Minneapolis Institute of Art, the Walker Art Center. Music, theater, dance. It's there in the streets, in the festivals, in the food. People live it. It's real, simple, and true. No frills, just the essence of the place.

anyway, it has to be a location people want to go to and spend time in

Why? That certainly removes Jacksonville from the list.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

It is unbridled optimism based on nothing other than hope.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Traveling around the world automatically means the stadium will be fantastic? So great that they have hardy revealed any stadium renderings or videos?   Okee dokee…pass the kool aid. 

Weird take, man. Nothing about this process suggests the Bills are “cheaping out” — it’s going to be a state-of-the-art facility catering to the Bills and their fans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Weird take, man. Nothing about this process suggests the Bills are “cheaping out” — it’s going to be a state-of-the-art facility catering to the Bills and their fans. 

Not saying they are “cheaping out”.  Just nervous that little detail has been released to the public(despite at least 1/2) being funded by taxpayer dollars.  Call me skeptical that the finished product won’t come across as $2B awesome.  I guess only time will tell. 

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ehURXcMujmJ7IO_MbsDuMWmf4zn42LMD?usp=sharing

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Of course Minneapolis has culture. You see it in the art - bold and unpretentious. Museums like the Minneapolis Institute of Art, the Walker Art Center. Music, theater, dance. It's there in the streets, in the festivals, in the food. People live it. It's real, simple, and true. No frills, just the essence of the place.

Why? That certainly removes Jacksonville from the list.

So be it.

34 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Does he have an account here? 😂

"Einstein"

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Wish those were the original PDF's and not JPGs. 

Only uploaded what was taken off of (if I remember) Etsy. Someone here on TSW saw them, saved them, and posted them here, the guy on Etsy who posted them deleted them like 15 minutes after he posted them. I had them emailed to me and uploaded them via Google Drive so they can be seen better. 

51 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Are these typically accurate?

Meaning, the amount of seats shown without a roof over it is likely true?

scale.jpg

Yes it is true. At least originally. At one point they came out and amended it and said they had to add money for changes. One of the changes was making the roof larger. nobody knows how much larger. 

and this was them claiming something like 62% of the seats would be covered. As you can see this isn’t true based on the pics. Imo it’s smoke and mirrors to make it sound like more seats are covered. Or at least the original prints show that. I’d guess something like 90%+ of the clubs and suites (levels 200, 300, 400) are covered. 70-80%+ of the 500 level seats. And then something like 30% of the lower bowl. Add it all up and average all the % not the actual seats. 

of course I have no proof or confirmation of any of this. Simply looking at multiple sketches and prints of the plans for the stadium and the % of seats they claimed at first didn’t match up to the eye test. But that’s just my inexperienced opinion. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

and this was them claiming something like 62% of the seats would be covered. As you can see this isn’t true based on the pics. Imo it’s smoke and mirrors to make it sound like more seats are covered.

That's what I was thinking as well. The entire lower bowl looks uncovered. 

And wouldn't this design make the upper bowl the more desired seats?

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sometimes the upper bowl ARE more desired than lower bowl

My seats on the 45 lower section of 300s is more expensive than 100 endzone seats 

And I still believe football and the elements are hand and hand... I will take 80 and sunny or 32 and flurries 

That's Football baby 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sometimes the upper bowl ARE more desired than lower bowl

My seats on the 45 lower section of 300s is more expensive than 100 endzone seats 

And I still believe football and the elements are hand and hand... I will take 80 and sunny or 32 and flurries 

That's Football baby 

The 300s are and have always been more expensive than the end zone seats. The only 300s that are cheaper are in the upper corners. They are more expensive because sideline seats are much more desirable. 

this may be true in the new stadium as well, however some people need to realize how absolutely far from the field you are going to be in the 500s of the new stadium. Unless your maybe in the first few rows. The 500s are going to feel like the old Auds Orange seats. They’ve already said that the new stadium upper decks will be as high as the Ralph’s lights. 

To answer the question, it appears in the sketches that the canopy will not cover any of the lower bowl seats. I do think there will be some cover however from the overhangs of the 200 level. As well as some seats set back a bit and covered by other overhangs. Based on renditions it looks like 5-10 rows maybe in the back end will be covered and heated.