Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Leonard Smith and Nate Odoms showed up at annual tailgate and the golf tournament day before.

Both were very nice social guys.

Leonard Smith was a piece of work. Nasty. One of the toughest hitters I've ever seen. And, a real cool dude also. Nate was a great guy as well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2023 at 12:10 PM, eball said:

I’m going to be up there at the end of the month for a funeral.  I’ll bring my drone and see if I have time to go over there and give it a shot.

Let us know how many steamshovels are in use.   

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Just got back from Orchard Park.

Work is progressing remarkably quickly.  

It also looks like they have changed the plans and are going with a dome.

GettyImages_1201305311.7.jpg

Except that’s Los Angeles and it’s actually a canopy, not a dome. 😉

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Except that’s Los Angeles and it’s actually a canopy, not a dome. 😉

Damn it. Just as I finally got over the fact we weren’t getting a dome, that pic came out and really got me jazzed up. And you have to ruin it for me again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Damn it. Just as I finally got over the fact we weren’t getting a dome, that pic came out and really got me jazzed up. And you have to ruin it for me again. 

Your hopes were once again…. dashed. The bigger story was how they poured all of that concrete over the last weekend! 😳

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Your hopes were once again…. dashed. The bigger story was how they poured all of that concrete over the last weekend! 😳

Isn’t that obvious? Thurman Thomas’ construction company is the best in the biz 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

All I know is that I'm awaiting the new PSL & Ticket prices.  I have a feeling that's going to generate some interesting sentiments here. 

that’ll be when, this fall probably? When they start the virtual tours? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

that’ll be when, this fall probably? When they start the virtual tours? 

Yeah, ya got me.  I guess.  

STs are out for me, if for no other reason than the principle of PSLs.  Full disclosure, I haven't been a STH in many years.  

I don't see the new prices going over very well however.  Many here have already said that they're out based upon the forecasted prices in their previously released "survey."  

And frankly, now with Pegula's new emphasis on the "business side" of things, I don't see much relenting on those PSLs or prices.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PBF81 said:

Yeah, ya got me.  I guess.  

STs are out for me, if for no other reason than the principle of PSLs.  Full disclosure, I haven't been a STH in many years.  

I don't see the new prices going over very well however.  Many here have already said that they're out based upon the forecasted prices in their previously released "survey."  

And frankly, now with Pegula's new emphasis on the "business side" of things, I don't see much relenting on those PSLs or prices.  

The Bills organization knows this. The new stadium is only going to hold around 60K so they know they will lose fans attending games. PSL's were/are a disaster in the NYC market with the Jets and Giants. I can't see it going over well in Buffalo either.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

The Bills organization knows this. The new stadium is only going to hold around 60K so they know they will lose fans attending games. PSL's were/are a disaster in the NYC market with the Jets and Giants. I can't see it going over well in Buffalo either.

I’m planning on keeping mine unless they try to pull some outrageous stuff, but yeah, it’s going to cause quite a fuss no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

51 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany72 said:

Everyone is gonna B word about something.

My uncle is a disabled Vietnam vet who started a higher-end carpentry business in the ‘80s and has said these kind of complaints have been happening since EEO / affirmative action / quota programs started and for whatever reasons, despite advertising and bending over backwards to get minority construction businesses involved, it continues to lag because there aren’t a lot of them and/or they don’t apply to bigger contracts. Some guys would actually put a company in their wife’s name so she owned it on paper and game the system, he said.

You can write up whatever legal quota and easier access and incentive stuff you want, but you can’t force people to bid on a contract. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Agreed

But IMO they're going to lose a whole lot more than the 10k seats that they'll lose.  

Also, once Allen's tenure ends, IMO good luck then.  

28 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Bunch of people here fiercely searching for their hoard of Green Stamps.

Green Stamps, ... LOL, I know you're not in your 30s.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Agreed

But IMO they're going to lose a whole lot more than the 10k seats that they'll lose.  

Also, once Allen's tenure ends, IMO good luck then.  

Winning cures all. Even when Allen retires. If the Bills have a good team, then the fans will show up. If not, then attendance won't be far off from the 1970's and 1984,85.

Edited by Gregg

Just now, Gregg said:

Winning cures all. Even when Allen retires. If the Bills have a good team, then the fans will show up. If not, then attendance won't be far off from the 1970's and 1984,85.

Winning does cure all, but in today's league you need to a great QB to be playoffs competitive.  After the Allen era, other than for the fact that we've had only two great QBs during the Bills' modern NFL era, and Kelly transcends that even, unless we have one that makes us playoffs competitive, I'm not sure that I see ticket sales going very well given PSLs and prices.  

Keep in mind however that PSLs are "recyclable," meaning that the team can end up charging them more than once for STHs that relinquish their tix.  Good luck on getting them again if we're only average or worse, but then presumably the single game tix will become more available then, ... not that those would necessarily be all that popular, just sayin'.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Updated construction pictures, taken by @mrags, uploaded by me, hosted by a multi-billion dollar company. The new ones start at either 41.jpg or 42.jpg. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1slFkG1Tgt1z6Sr5_PsRrflmzreYclzkI?usp=sharing

The hole is massive now. Absolutely massive. Looks like a mining or quarry site. All the stone, earth, and pavement from the old lot is bing moved to the far side of ECC (from the stadium) and being piled up and looks to be used for leveling of a new lot in the future. Not sure, hard to tell when driving. I’m amazed that I’m still able to drive right into the parking area where construction is being done on the lot. I probably shouldn’t be saying this it might change now that I opened my mouth. 

talked to Hammer today for a bit while I was there. Enjoy some beers today bud. You’ve earned it. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 7/24/2023 at 1:13 PM, Gregg said:

Hahahaha!!!! He called it the NYC market. Silly rabbit it’s New Jersey.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Once done will they put a dome on it and move it downtown by barge?

It’s not too late. They just agreed to demolish the Perry St projects. There’s still hope. They aren’t too far in the stadium build process yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/4/2023 at 4:59 PM, mrags said:

The hole is massive now. Absolutely massive. Looks like a mining or quarry site. All the stone, earth, and pavement from the old lot is being moved to the far side of ECC (from the stadium) and being piled up and looks to be used for leveling of a new lot in the future.

Maybe storing it to fill in the current/old stadium when that comes down? 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe storing it to fill in the current/old stadium when that comes down? 

Yeah was thinking that as well 

52 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's not going downtown 

It might still happen. It’s not over yet 

On 8/4/2023 at 4:26 PM, Draconator said:

Updated construction pictures, taken by @mrags, uploaded by me, hosted by a multi-billion dollar company. The new ones start at either 41.jpg or 42.jpg. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1slFkG1Tgt1z6Sr5_PsRrflmzreYclzkI?usp=sharing

Needs a coat of paint, maybe some Spackle and it's ready to go.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

It might still happen. It’s not over yet 

In your defense, it is a bit of a Buffalo tradition to tear up perfectly good plans for a football stadium at the last moment and then do something completely different resulting in numerous lengthy lawsuits.

That said, it ain't happening. They could unearth the Ark of the Covenant at the OP site and it's still going there.

On 8/5/2023 at 6:29 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

Once done will they put a dome on it and move it downtown by barge?

Just wait to they can raise it on a helicarrier like in Avengers.  

That way they can have it with backdrop of actual falls of Niagara Falls.

Edited by Limeaid