Your one, and only one, draft hot take?

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Interesting, khlax.  Interesting.  

hmmm.

Interesting is an equivocal word. It can be like Mr. Spock's fascinating, but also the enigmatic word of praise you use when someone who can't draw asks for your opinion of their artwork. I'm going with the latter in this case, because if Beane doesn't spend a day one or two pick on OL and Brown plays like Brown has played, it's going to get ugly fast. (Maybe he doesn't, but Beane is unwise not to have a backup plan and right now it isn't on the roster.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Interesting is an equivocal word. It can be like Mr. Spock's fascinating, but also the enigmatic word of praise you use when someone who can't draw asks for your opinion of their artwork. I'm going with the latter in this case, because if Beane doesn't spend a day one or two pick on OL and Brown plays like Brown has played, it's going to get ugly fast. (Maybe he doesn't, but Beane is unwise not to have a backup plan and right now it isn't on the roster.)

12A7757B-B716-4385-9528-2F6557096C6C.thumb.jpeg.735c1c573786a7a1372c796c0d136edc.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

The Buffalo Bills should trade there first round pick to acquire more players to fill holes on their present roster in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I'd love that if there was a young star player at a premium position on the market..........unfortunately that didn't align for them this year.

Need to align the player AND a really dumb GM like Russ Brandon to trade that player for a late first round pick.

Even last year the Titans were smart enough to get a better return for AJ Brown than the Bills would have had to offer.    That would have been sweet.......that new contract he signed had super-cheap cap hits in 2022-2023.  

Last take, Mingo to the Chiefs at 31🤮

Jeez guess i didn't read the header very well lol, that was three🙄

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'd love that if there was a young star player at a premium position on the market..........unfortunately that didn't align for them this year.

Need to align the player AND a really dumb GM like Russ Brandon to trade that player for a late first round pick.

Even last year the Titans were smart enough to get a better return for AJ Brown than the Bills would have had to offer.    That would have been sweet.......that new contract he signed had super-cheap cap hits in 2022-2023.  

Boy what if Rogers got his boy Hackett GM🤔 

The team(s) that select a RT-only in round 1 will regret it.  

It's not a hot take really.........because "hot take" implies that it could be wrong..........but since some people are excited about drafting a RT it's a reminder to observe and learn.

An even more certain take is that the Bills will NOT regret it if they pass on a RB who goes in round 1.     They haven't lived to regret NOT selecting a RB who subsequently went in round 1 since at least the 1980's.   That's not going to change in a post-RB NFL.   Apologies to @Inigo Montoya who thinks the Chiefs can wrap up the Lamar Hunt trophy in perpetuity if they get Bijan.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I would bet hard Cash on #1 not happening... 

It’s a hot take. I believe these Wr’s are not 1st rd material but then again the 1st rd of the draft is weak so maybe another Wr gets in the mix as a first rder. I hope the Bills don’t get one that’s for sure rather go Dline or Oline and take a Wr like Mingo or Mims later. 

Just now, NastyNateSoldiers said:

It’s a hot take. I believe these Wr’s are not 1st rd material but then again the 1st rd of the draft is weak so maybe another Wr gets in the mix as a first rder. I hope the Bills don’t get one that’s for sure rather go Dline or Oline and take a Wr like Mingo or Mims later. 

I know I get it I get it lol... Still want to bet hard cash on that? lol

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, CNYfan said:

The Bills do not make a selection on April 27, 2023

If we are going hot takes, I'll say the bills get two players on April 27, 2023.

Trade out of 27 for dhop to 34 and trade back in to 31.

Just a hot take for no reason.

Edited by The Wiz

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

The Seahawks surprise atnd take QB Anthony Richardson at #5

They supposedly tried to trade for the 1st overall for Josh Allen so makes sense from physical stand point. Yet Indy at 4 to me is going to determine how rest of draft falls.

On 4/26/2023 at 7:00 AM, wppete said:

Anthony Richardson has a similar drop n the first round as Lamar Jackson. 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:35 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Mine is Darnell Washington being the first tight end off the board.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:11 PM, Big Blitz said:

Zay Flowers falls out of the first round.  

On 4/26/2023 at 12:10 AM, GunnerBill said:

Hot take.... Jack Campbell will still be on the board at #59.

On 4/26/2023 at 12:30 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

#1 - Only 1 Wr will be drafted in the first rd

On 4/26/2023 at 2:33 AM, gonzo1105 said:

it’s only a hot take on this board. I think both you and I know that with the exception of maybe Simpson that those guys never were being picked in round 1 

On 4/26/2023 at 2:41 AM, gonzo1105 said:

All top 7 TEs are gone by the end of round 2. 

Mayer, Kincaid, Musgrave, Washington, LaPorta, Kraft, Schoonmaker. 

Still one round to go, but seems unlikely six will go in the second round.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:06 AM, LEBills said:

If Will Levis is there at 14, he is a patriot

On 4/26/2023 at 3:31 AM, BuffaloBaumer said:

All of this draft excitement and hype is hilarious because the bills won’t even be picking Thursday night 😂

On 4/26/2023 at 4:09 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Don’t worry Both those scrubs will be there at #27. 

On 4/26/2023 at 7:26 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Pats trade down and take the best available OT. BB later stated he did this because he hates all these Gen Z kids affirming he is a cranky old man. Lol

On 4/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, Max Fischer said:

New England will try to trade up for a new QB. 

Good job everyone. Lot's of hot takes here.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:33 AM, NeverOutNick said:

I’ll go opposite and say Zay Flowers will be the first WR taken. He’s who I want the bills to take but GMs know he’s the most talented WR in this class and he will go first 

Sorry, this is only a luke-warm take. 

Good job though. 👍

21 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

ESPN coverage is better than NFLN

I flipped around until the "expert panel" did not include Mel Kiper; I can't look at that guy or listen to him anymore.

Luckily, he was only on one channel.

Day 2 Hot Takes/predictions:

Levis will slide past pick 50. He was the red herring QB this year and it shouldn't be that shocking. Between his toe, rubbing some wrong in the draft process (reportedly) and his game film...he may even slip to round 3. 

Hooker hears his name before Levis.

There will be a run on TE near the top of round 2.

Still a whole lot of good OL on the board. C looks to be sticking out like a sore thumb on talent lever for me.

If one they like is there I expect Beane to nab a Safety today at some point.

Buffalo will not take a LBer today.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.