Tyler Bass 4 year extension

HappyDays

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Did I say otherwise although now I'm now starting to wonder.  What ever happened to DCTom?

I made a comment not directed at you that you bristled at and felt compelled to respond to. With mocking.

Like I said, you think you’re a tough guy. Who am I to say otherwise.

Edited by I am the egg man

23 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

I made a comment not directed at you that you bristled at and felt compelled to respond to, for whatever.

Like I said, you’re a tough guy.

Well, he did discover the secret to time travel.

4 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

So how many kickers now have helped the Bills win it all?

Right, cause we never see kickers kick game winners for division titles, playoff games, and Super Bowls lol only happens like 4xs a year. What an awful take

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Sage advice. Why I cleared my busy schedule out to watch Shohei pitch tomorrow night.

Ohhhh thank you. I'll have to find this!

14 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

I’ll bet any one $1000 Bass doesn’t make a “meaning” kick in playoff competition next year.

“Meaning” being a game winning playoff field goal.

I mean hopefully we're up by 2 tuddies and it don't matter. But your argument is, "I bet I won't need this seatbelt on my drive home to work" lol

"I bet $100 If I don't rubber up, she won't get pregnant"

😆😆😆😆😆

54 minutes ago, chongli said:

Well, the way this thread has been going the last three pages, I wonder how soon it will be closed for no longer contributing to meaningful discussion?

Close to half of the recent threads should be snuffed for lack of contribution to meaningful discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

meh.   FGs don't really matter much in today's NFL.   Give me a guy who can simply kick it out of the endzone and go for it on any 4th down inside the 50 and I'm good.    Kickers are sort of irrelevant at the top of the league.  

You need TDs to beat the top 10 teams and win playoff games

but yeah I guess you need a kicker.   Whatever.   

I wonder how Bass' contract works out at $$ per FG.  He doesn't take/make many. Bet it's a  pretty big number.  

• Disagree 5

11 hours ago, DJB said:

Once again Beane ignoring the oline 😡

Are you implying  Beane extended Bass rather than sign an OLineman? Ridiculous. 

This is an extension for a guy already on the roster. 

Who is out there worth signing for OL? Look at Bass's deal and realize that money wouldn't get you much OLine help.

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Can Tyler Bass run down the sidelines with 4.41 speed, jump 10 feet in the air and snag a football in the endzone with 3 seconds left on the clock to win the game ?

I think not..

image.png.59eeb6a43af15bdad365b0d1f5dcf80d.png

I’d be happy if he just taught our guys how to knock the ball away. 👍

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

Are you implying  Beane extended Bass rather than sign an OLineman? Ridiculous. 

This is an extension for a guy already on the roster. 

Who is out there worth signing for OL? Look at Bass's deal and realize that money wouldn't get you much OLine help.

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

I love Bass. When everyone was crapping on him I made a thread backing him saying he was going to be just fine . 

Im glad we signed him long term

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

So how many kickers now have helped the Bills win it all?

By that measuring stick it's not just Bass.  Every single player to ever play for the Bills, be it Peterman, Flutie, Johnson, Smith, Thomas and even Allen are all worthless, since not a one of them have helped Buffalo win it all.

Maybe someday Buffalo will get a good player, even just one...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

By that measuring stick it's not just Bass.  Every single player to ever play for the Bills, be it Peterman, Flutie, Johnson, Smith, Thomas and even Allen are all worthless, since not a one of them have helped Buffalo win it all.

Maybe someday Buffalo will get a good player, even just one...

Some of us were around in 1964 and 1965 when the Bills won the title they were competing for.  Just saying. 

11 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Ok, we agree, QB’s matter more than kickers. How did I think you meant otherwise. My bad.

You didn't answer my question.  How many QB's or, lets throw in all positions, have helped the Bills win a Super Bowl?  The question can't be any more clear so the answer should be simple right?

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

meh.   FGs don't really matter much in today's NFL.   Give me a guy who can simply kick it out of the endzone and go for it on any 4th down inside the 50 and I'm good.    Kickers are sort of irrelevant at the top of the league.  

I wonder how Bass' contract works out at $$ per FG.  He doesn't take/make many. Bet it's a  pretty big number.  

Irrelevant until you go home in the playoffs because your kicker missed the kick.

Was Butker irrelevant when KC kicked a 55 yard FG to send the game to OT as time ran out in the divisional round 2 years ago against us?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Irrelevant until you go home in the playoffs because your kicker missed the kick.

Was Butker irrelevant when KC kicked a 55 yard FG to send the game to OT as time ran out in the divisional round 2 years ago against us?

Or your kicker who has hit 10-15 from that range during the season, misses a 47 yarder that would have won a Super Bowl.

Ranked 12th in FG%

Ranked 16th in FG's made

Ranked 22nd in FG's made 50+.

He's definitely worthy of an increased contract but 21M seems a little robust based on these rankings.  I wish McD would allow Tyler to attempt more 50 yard fgs but with weather constraints he rarely does.

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

You might also need to kick a FG at the end of the game to win it… I think the Bills might have been in that situation a few decades back.

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ranked 12th in FG%

Ranked 16th in FG's made

Ranked 22nd in FG's made 50+.

He's definitely worthy of an increased contract but 21M seems a little robust based on these rankings.  I wish McD would allow Tyler to attempt more 50 yard fgs but with weather constraints he rarely does.

You kind of gave yourself the answer concerning Bass's rankings.  He kicks in Buffalo and the AFCE.  Lots of other kickers pad their

numbers kicking in domes and warm weather stadiums.  Tyler's contract extension is a fair deal for both sides IMO.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.