Cook and Cook the Bills RB tandem?

DJB

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Is the OP actually proposing we trade for a running back with a $14M cap number?  Please go on record if that's actually the take, it's legendary.

I inferred from the tweet opining "he will likely settle for less elsewhere" that what was imagined was that the elder Cook gets cut and you sign him for a more reasonable deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I love me some Dalvin Cook as an FSU fan and he is a good all around back but I think the tread is getting thin on the the tires. The Vikings rode him quite a bit early and he's starting to get injured. If a short term reasonable number then I can get behind it but anything over 6-7 is too rich for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Dalvin should get REAL interested in a pay cut.

And he might be willing to do so if it means playing with his brother on a playoff team with a top 3 QB. I doubt he takes a real discount unless the league forces it through market value, but who knows. The possibility of playing on the same team as your brother and winning a Super Bowl is an extremely rare opportunity. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

And he might be willing to do so if it means playing with his brother on a playoff team with a top 3 QB. I doubt he takes a real discount unless the league forces it, but who knows. The possibility of playing on the same team as your brother and winning a Super Bowl is an extremely rare opportunity. 

Oh the league will force it if he hits the market.

There are about 20 starting RB's in UFA this year........including guys who had better years than Cook and are younger.

Time is not on his side and he finished the year poorly with 3.5 ypc in last 7 games.........he should milk Minnesota for a re-structure and save what he can because it's a very fast drop from getting paid 8 figures to the veteran minimum for 28 year old RB's with his kind of mileage.

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

$14 mil, uhhh no thanks. I think they said Motor would be looking for a contract for $5 mil

His salary is closer to 10,which the Bills would have to pay, but they wouldn't have to pay the bonus money which is 3 or 4 million this year. That's the Vikes responsibility. 

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

And he might be willing to do so if it means playing with his brother on a playoff team with a top 3 QB. I doubt he takes a real discount unless the league forces it through market value, but who knows. The possibility of playing on the same team as your brother and winning a Super Bowl is an extremely rare opportunity. 

Doesn't matter how warm & fuzzy it would make Cook feel. He won't take a significant cut to play with his brother in Buffalo. Why should he? Bills wouldn't need BOTH Cooks anyway. 

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Are you insane?  You don't pay RBs 14.1 million in the NFL anymore.

I am guessing the OP means to sign Darvin when he goes shopping for new team.  I just do not see him going from 14m to a vet min type deal.  

So no we won't have too many cooks in the backfield.  

9 hours ago, Herc11 said:

So many people focused on $14M and can't see past that to see the statement that he's likely to receive less on the open market.

Less is still too expensive.  Not like he’s gonna sign for $4M or something.  He’s still gonna get more money than we can afford to spend on a RB.

AND he’s a dome RB!  We got small RBs who can’t pick up tough yards.  We need guys who can run in the snow when the snow neutralizes their speed and cutting advantage.  

He isn’t the kind of tough runner who will excel in bad weather, and he can’t stay healthy either.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.