Man just about every single person on ESPN picking the Bengals

78thealltimegreat

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The narrative about a bumbling Allen is correct, sorry, I know it is a bummer but it is real.  

Bumbling means incompetent, you're looking to stir up. Put on ignore time!

37 minutes ago, eball said:

Balderdash.  "Bumbling" Allen made about five or six throws in that game no other NFL QB even attempts.  Brown cut off his route on the first INT, Beasley had the ball bounce off his chest on the 2nd, and Josh was blindsided to lose the fumble for the third TO.  In exactly what way is Josh "bumbling."  These are clownish takes.

Yeah  right Josh is incompetent , poster is another clown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Half the Inside the NFL crew picked us to cover the spread (-5 at the time). 

Now that makes a lot of sense.

This could be reminiscent of the Chiefs-Bengals Championship game  when Chiefs O Line was all beat up and KC got destroyed.  Cinci o line is a similar disaster right now.  Lets see what type of pass rush we can muster.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No pressure huh.

This has been a recurrent theme by Sports talking heads trying to fill air time and make a controversy and identify which team has "more pressure".  

As is the 'bumbling' narrative but I suppose we choose what we want to regurgitate 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, biLLyBuFFs said:

After last game's turnovers, it's not hard to make that pick if you're not a Bill's homer 

Recency bias. That game -and certainly not the turnovers that occurred in it - has zero bearing on what will happen Sunday afternoon. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

The Bengals have played more mistake-free football than the Bills by a wide margin, and if the game becomes a shootout the Bengals have two elite weapons (Chase, Boyd) compared to our one (Diggs).

Can’t hate on anyone on the outside who picks them in this game, there’s enough objective reasons to justify it. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, Boyd. The elite weapon.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Josh doesn't have any problem with pressure...he was slinging it all over the place on Sunday.  The turnovers were bad but none were "awful" mistakes by Josh.

I might agree, I might not agree - can you help me understand what you mean by "awful" mistakes?

I think a number of throws that were a bit off target were affected by pressure.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I might agree, I might not agree - can you help me understand what you mean by "awful" mistakes?

I think a number of throws that were a bit off target were affected by pressure.

I’m specifically talking about the turnovers.  The throw to Brown was a miscommunication, the throw to Beasley was on the money, just a good play by the defense (that could have been called DPI), and a blindside sack.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

The Bengals have played more mistake-free football than the Bills by a wide margin, and if the game becomes a shootout the Bengals have two elite weapons (Chase, Boyd) compared to our one (Diggs).

Can’t hate on anyone on the outside who picks them in this game, there’s enough objective reasons to justify it. 🤷‍♂️

While the mistakes you reference are accurate, only looking at the TOs is akin to only looking at the missed 3 pt shots in a basketball game. The Bills have a more aggressive game plan, a higher risk - a higher reward, philosophy. If one only looks at the higher risks (more TOs) and not the higher rewards (more TDs) they're missing half the equation. We're winning games; as many games as any team in the AFC. Perhaps the more aggressive play by Josh is working???

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

there's absolutely massive pressure on the Bills to at least get to the AFCC game.  

Same for Bengals.. Joe B is the darling over JA for some reason. So pressure on both. Actually think it’s good that Josh is getting a bit of negative from the media.. he’s fully aware of it. But he’s the guy who can fix it. I suspect you will see against the better opponents a more selective Josh. But can’t temper it too much, it’s part why he’s the best in the nfl when he’s on it. Think we see his best effort on Sunday 👍

4 hours ago, H2o said:

It's the same bobbleheads who will try and feed to the mentally challenged that Josh Allen has regressed or is somehow a bad QB. 

Yes, such regression 😆 how can he function without BD. It’s gotten silly. The national media give wide brush assessments… Bills fans watch each snap of the entire season. Shady gives zero ***** west media says.. he knows Josh will Uber focus against better teams intuition essentially 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

Same for Bengals.. Joe B is the darling over JA for some reason. So pressure on both. Actually think it’s good that Josh is getting a bit of negative from the media.. he’s fully aware of it. But he’s the guy who can fix it. I suspect you will see against the better opponents a more selective Josh. But can’t temper it too much, it’s part why he’s the best in the nfl when he’s on it. Think we see his best effort on Sunday 👍

Yes, such regression 😆 how can he function without BD. It’s gotten silly. The national media give wide brush assessments… Bills fans watch each snap of the entire season. Shady gives zero ***** west media says.. he knows Josh will Uber focus against better teams intuition essentially 

Nah....the media has been hyping Josh all season and the Bills have been more favored to win the SB over the Bengals all year.  In fact, many said that the Bengals were a poor AFC SB representative last year and that the Bills would have handled the Rams.

If the Bills bow out to the Bengals (who barely put away Huntley and the Ravens), that's a huge blow.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Boyd is elite??? He has 60 catches....

Good slot receiver, but I wouldn't call him elite. 

I would say that Taron Johnson is playing elite football the last 2 games. 

I meant to say Higgins not Boyd. Back to back 1000 yard seasons seems pretty elite to me for a no 2 receiver. 

4 hours ago, Pokebball said:

While the mistakes you reference are accurate, only looking at the TOs is akin to only looking at the missed 3 pt shots in a basketball game. The Bills have a more aggressive game plan, a higher risk - a higher reward, philosophy. If one only looks at the higher risks (more TOs) and not the higher rewards (more TDs) they're missing half the equation. We're winning games; as many games as any team in the AFC. Perhaps the more aggressive play by Josh is working???

It’s not about whether our boom or bust offense is working or not— certainly this year it’s worked more often than it has not.  But this thread is about the taking heads on ESPN picking the Bengals over the Bills. I’m just sayin I can’t fault anybody for going with a team that’s been taking care of the football and scoring with efficiency, even if their ceiling may not be as high as ours has been with the aggressive philosophy. I don’t think it’s any disrespect, they’re two good teams. 

11 hours ago, Punch said:

The older I get the more I realize the opinions of pundits are all warped by extreme recency bias. I can't enjoy it anymore because they think they see something in "the film" and then need to find a way to retroactively explain why it happened. What makes it even more infuriating is how it's all delivered in a snide, authoritative tone as though they're handing down cherished wisdom of the ages from the gods.

Obviously, there is thoughtful and informed analysis but the vast majority of take givers are a waste. 

Its just like stock pickers or gamblers:  in reality you have no clue, but you think you do because in many cases in the past you've been correct, which emboldens you to think you know better.

A lot of those chumps were saying how Brady in playoff mode is gonna crush Dallas and how the Chargers were gonna whip the Jags.

No clue.  just flippin coins.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nah....the media has been hyping Josh all season and the Bills have been more favored to win the SB over the Bengals all year.  In fact, many said that the Bengals were a poor AFC SB representative last year and that the Bills would have handled the Rams.

If the Bills bow out to the Bengals (who barely put away Huntley and the Ravens), that's a huge blow.

I think if you listen to big national media Cowherd and many others in fact Burrow currently is preferred over Josh. You are correct on the flip flop. But to your point if Josh plays well they will remind you how they were in his corner to start the year. I agree if we lose to the Bengals or the Chiefs it’s a huge blow for sure. Because the Bills are us as fans have the SB as the expectation. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Success said:

Every narrative I read now is "bumbling Allen."   The Bills COULD win, but our many turnovers will result in a loss.

Give me a break.  He was perfect in the postseason last year.  The team got all of their mistakes out of the way against Miami.

I'm not usually one to be over-confident, but I don't think this one is particularly close, especially w/ Cincy's O-line situation.  We're going to look like we did for some of those games in September & October.

Yeah, it’s amazing how fast they turn.  Allen had zero turnovers in the Redzone for like his first 3 years and came into this season with 1 career turnover in the Redzone.  

Now they act like Josh is atrocious because he had some hiccups in a season where we have a rookie OC, and first time ever Josh had a switch at OC.  Then there were all the injuries, including to Josh’s elbow.  Then there were the lack of consistent weapons outside of Diggs.  Then there was all the off field stuff Buffalo went through all year.

Like no one even wants to consider the larger body of work vs the context of this season.  And we still won 13 games and our 3 losses were by a total of 8 points.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I like it. Bills have no pressure at all then as the Bengals are now supposed to win easily. 

...right, because everyone in the Bills organization is glued to ESPN, and their mindset is totally dictated by what talking meatheads on TV say about a given game.

They should be feeling a TON of pressure...and that's because there's a lot there.

Huge playoff game against a very solid team with a QB more or less as good as ours, and it's at home.

I think we would play better on the road TBH.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, it’s amazing how fast they turn.  Allen had zero turnovers in the Redzone for like his first 3 years and came into this season with 1 career turnover in the Redzone.  

Now they act like Josh is atrocious because he had some hiccups in a season where we have a rookie OC, and first time ever Josh had a switch at OC.  Then there were all the injuries, including to Josh’s elbow.  Then there were the lack of consistent weapons outside of Diggs.  Then there was all the off field stuff Buffalo went through all year.

Like no one even wants to consider the larger body of work vs the context of this season.  And we still won 13 games and our 3 losses were by a total of 8 points.  

They lost more games in 2021 than this year. He was worse then.

Josh Allen 4th Quarter Comebacks/Winning Drives:

11 Fourth Quarter Comebacks, 15 Game-Winning Drives

2028: 3

2019: 5

2020: 3

2021: 0

2022: 4

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=AlleJo02

Just now, Nextmanup said:

...right, because everyone in the Bills organization is glued to ESPN, and their mindset is totally dictated by what talking meatheads on TV say about a given game.

They should be feeling a TON of pressure...and that's because there's a lot there.

Huge playoff game against a very solid team with a QB more or less as good as ours, and it's at home.

I think we would play better on the road TBH.

And it might snow a few inches...

Beginning to despise the Get Up crew ... 

No only do they spend the majority of the telecast talking about the Cowboys but ...

Today's panel was asked which QB they would pick tp start a franchise ( Allen or Burrow ) - all said Burrow. 

Then to add insult to injury, Damien Woody smashed the Bills helmet and picked the Bengals to win Sunday. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Beginning to despise the Get Up crew ... 

No only do they spend the majority of the telecast talking about the Cowboys but ...

Today's panel was asked which QB they would pick tp start a franchise ( Allen or Burrow ) - all said Burrow. 

Then to add insult to injury, Damien Woody smashed the Bills helmet and picked the Bengals to win Sunday. 

Hey I wasn’t kidding all their national personalities picked the Bengals. It’s almost like Josh is Jamarcus Russell and the Joe Burrow is Johnny Unitas.

Somehow the Bengals who got destroyed by Tyler Huntley are the 85 Bears. If I were Buffalo I’d play that helmet smashing that clown just did on tv on a loop in the lockerroom especially going against 3 backup linemen. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

For a QB who tagged along for the Super Bowl run on the backs of his defense and field goal kicker last year, Joe Burrow sure gets an absurd amount of love from the media. 

I guess it makes sense, when you see how he went off against the Ravens last week... oh, wait.... 

It seems, sometimes, that there is just a gut reaction to hold to a higher standard the guy who is bigger, faster and stronger than any other QB... jealousy, envy... I don't know.. but it's pretty evident at times. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Hey I wasn’t kidding all their national personalities picked the Bengals. It’s almost like Josh is Jamarcus Russell and the Joe Burrow is Johnny Unitas.

Somehow the Bengals who got destroyed by Tyler Huntley are the 85 Bears. If I were Buffalo I’d play that helmet smashing that clown just did on tv on a loop in the lockerroom especially going against 3 backup linemen. 

TBH, I think they are looking at the previous game in Cinci where the Bengals were up 7-3 and driving as a precursor to Sunday's playoff game. 

They haven't said it but I would think they're guessing Burrow will have a field day throwing against our secondary.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

TBH, I think they are looking at the previous game in Cinci where the Bengals were up 7-3 and driving as a precursor to Sunday's playoff game. 

They haven't said it but I would think they're guessing Burrow will have a field day throwing against our secondary.

And Tyler Huntley was literally pump faking using the term nicely mediocre receivers wide open on their D. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Seventeen said:

This is 100% absolutely what they're doing.

Extrapolating the 9 minutes of that game to an entire game almost a month later.

-Never mind the fact the Bills are a notoriously slow starting defense and the Bengals, on the flip side, a notoriously strong early game offense. 

-Never mind the fact the Bengals are now down 2 more OL starters.

And this is just opinion, but I was worried about our secondary heading into that MNF game... I feel much better about them now.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.