Bill's offense highest graded of the weekend Games. Defense second best.

Chaos

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Feel free to hate on PFF. But this is how they saw the games this weekend. 

image.thumb.png.820deef9ec2f18abd8aa8cc87b873e0f.png

Josh Allen led offense #1.   Defense second best after the Ravens.  

I mean they were explosive and scored a bunch but they also helped keep Miami in the game and helped give them the lead too.

I just would have preferred them to not be so hellbent on trying to blow the Dolphins out. That would have likely made the game far easier to watch as a Bills fan and far less competitive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Well I struggle to find a place to add this so I will post this here.

I was In college when wide right happened 😳 all the other guys on the swim team were giants fans.  

But our team got to the Big dance.

17 years of yuk and we all watched Champlained a little but not bad.

The tyrod years were bad never a big play or really something to cheer about if he got 180 yards in the air we were happy.

The moral of the story is sit back and enjoy 😉 the ride B word 10 years from know.

We are 14-3 let's play this one out 1 game at a time.

And yah our offense is pretty good the score is not reflecting what it should have been.

But I for one can look at the TV type on my laptop, and see the clock at zero count to 2 and the ball has,still not been snapped.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Stats don’t always tell the story. Bills should’ve blown out the fish with those stats but….

But what?  

Fluky sack fumble for a TD mean that the Bengals or Jaguars (4 INTs) offense was better then ours?

The eye test to me was we looked fantastic but took a bad sack and a bad drop for Shakir that would have led to a blowout.  

I listened to the opening segment of the WGR morning show.  My God the stupid.  Does anyone in Buffalo watch other games??  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But what?  

Fluky sack fumble for a TD mean that the Bengals or Jaguars (4 INTs) offense was better then ours?

The eye test to me was we looked fantastic but took a bad sack and a bad drop for Shakir that would have led to a blowout.  

I listened to the opening segment of the WGR morning show.  My God the stupid.  Does anyone in Buffalo watch other games??  

It was a 3 point game in which the Bills D had to come up big at the end. Point is stats don’t always tell the story. I get your point, take away the self inflicted wounds and it’s a Bills blowout. Hopefully we don’t see those same mistakes against the cats. 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

That chart says we also had the #1 rated pass blocking unit- as we gave up 7 sacks. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I mean they were explosive and scored a bunch but they also helped keep Miami in the game and helped give them the lead too.

I just would have preferred them to not be so hellbent on trying to blow the Dolphins out. That would have likely made the game far easier to watch as a Bills fan and far less competitive.

I think that was on Josh.  Could be Dorsey too, but there were plenty of plays where guys underneath were open, Josh decided to let it rip. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

That chart says we also had the #1 rated pass blocking unit- as we gave up 7 sacks. 

I think that was on Josh.  Could be Dorsey too, but there were plenty of plays where guys underneath were open, Josh decided to let it rip. 

Yep, that’s the grade that does not make sense here either…

There are stats to tell whatever story you want to hear.  Personally I wont be satisfied if they are the best rated team next week but lose the game.   There are a lot of things that stats dont take into account.  For instance up by three and you go bomb, bomb, attempted bomb/sack, punt.  That looks like 2 incompletes and a sack.  What about the decision making?  Dont make as many mistakes as last week and just win the games.    Looking at it optimistically, maybe some adversity vs Miami will be a bit of a wake up call that they might not be able to overcome vs Cinci or KC.

• Agree 1

The offense is incredible.  How you manage to score 34 points with 3 turnovers and 7 sacks is ridiculous.

If the Bills can limit the mistakes they could score 50.  It's finding that balance between pushing it to score and pushing it too hard and making mistakes that is the issue right now.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

I don't know if there's a stat for it, but the Bills offense with Allen must have the highest margin for error in the NFL.  No other team can make the mistakes that Buffalo makes, especially on offense and still has a good chance to win.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

The Bills have been the most complete team in the league this year. #1 rated team overall DVOA.

49ers are the hottest team right now. #1 team weighted DVOA. Bills are #2.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2022/regular

That rating alone won't win you the Super Bowl, but I think this the most resilient Bills team we've seen yet and that gives them an edge.

• Like (+1) 2

Howard Simon: I don’t have my notes, didn’t rewatch the game, but I remember thinking we need more checkdowns.

Jeremy White: It’s like golf you know? Having to work really hard for a par.

Schopp: The line is -250 this week, my fantasy football team, do you guys want to do a bad sequels draft?

Bulldog: I’m in my attic and just woke up, what are we talking about today? 

All our young hosts: Dorsey doesn’t “scheme anything open”

• Haha (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't know if there's a stat for it, but the Bills offense with Allen must have the highest margin for error in the NFL.  No other team can make the mistakes that Buffalo makes, especially on offense and still has a good chance to win.

Exactly!  They do have the highest margin of error and it’s almost all due to Josh Allen.   I’ve said it before and I’ll continue saying it, there is no QB in this league that can compare to Josh in pushing the ball down the field as effectively he.   

He is the difference maker.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Exactly!  They do have the highest margin of error and it’s almost all due to Josh Allen.   I’ve said it before and I’ll continue saying it, there is no QB in this league that can compare to Josh in pushing the ball down the field as effectively he.   

He is the difference maker.

The big narrative yesterday on the national sports shows is that Josh is this generations Brett Favre.  He's such a gunslinger.  He's high risk high reward.  He gets intoxicated with throwing the ball downfield and blowing off the easy layup check downs.  That New England week 18 game set Josh up for thinking the big play was the way to attack Miami.   He's just gotta be careful.  Sometimes it's better to give up on a play than put the ball in harms way.  Because if he's careless with the ball vs Cincinnati, they have a QB that will make the Bills pay pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

that might be because they graded the oline pretty well though. A lot of those sacks were not on oline. But agree on the face of it the numbers are not the whole story. 

The game was close not because the Bills played badly but because they did some dumb stuff. Kick off out of bounds, sack fumble for a TD, two interceptions, a dropped touchdown and another drop that would have set us up in the redzone.... it has been that way all year is my concern. So many of these games would have been blow outs but for mistakes that kept them close. We have actually been good in 1 score games this year (remember when that was a thing?) we are 7-3 in them.

• Like (+1) 2

For better or for worse.

I've said it many times. If we face a QB who is moving the ball easily against our bend don't break D Josh will be forced into hero ball and thats where the mistakes can and usually do happen.

Josh will take his shots down field and that is expected but not taking more of  the quick passes and the underneath stuff can put that hot QB back on the field more often. So I would and will always be asking for more balance in our O... If we hit often on those long throws it has an effect on the opposing team just the same, but the % of long ball completions is well under 50%, and many times leaves us 3rd and long.

Miami IMO will be the weakest team we face... I do not expect Allen and the Bills to overcome the turnovers if they make them vs Cincinnatti. Burrows will move the ball against us some. So anything that puts the ball back in Cincinnatti's hands will make it much tougher for the Bills

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yea it is us and KC.... but without Hill think their ability to do that is slightly reduced. The thing is with Josh Allen (and Patrick Mahomes in fairness) you are never out of a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

All of those Miami fans saying the games are rigged is starting to make sense. We bought a new stadium and now the NFL is happy so they rigged it so we win the super bowl and the gambling sites keep making us big favorites in games we aren't even sure we will win because they are all in on it. Connect the dots!

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Highest pass block grade too. I was told we need to re vamp the whole OL lol.

Cincy by far the worse pass block. Gotta capitalize on their injured OL

But this doesn't surprise me 1 bit. Buf dominated. Nearly 200 more yards. They just had critical turnovers that let Mia hang around.  Game should have been a blowout. Looks like we're peaking at the right time

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

that might be because they graded the oline pretty well though. A lot of those sacks were not on oline. But agree on the face of it the numbers are not the whole story. 

The game was close not because the Bills played badly but because they did some dumb stuff. Kick off out of bounds, sack fumble for a TD, two interceptions, a dropped touchdown and another drop that would have set us up in the redzone.... it has been that way all year is my concern. So many of these games would have been blow outs but for mistakes that kept them close. We have actually been good in 1 score games this year (remember when that was a thing?) we are 7-3 in them.

Folks were worried that we couldn't win the close ones. It was either a blow out win or a close loss. What happened is we decided to muck up a lot of potential blow outs and they are now close wins.

47 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think this is a testament to the defense.   Miami had short field after short field and the defense consistently held them to field goals.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

But what?  

What was fluky about that sack fumble? They got through easily and when that happens, you're at risk for precisely that, especially the way Allen was holding the ball there. That was far less a fluke and far more a fail. I mean, you can say the TD part of it was fluky but the sack fumble wasn't.

I don't see how anyone could say the offense looked fantastic. They constantly put our D in terrible situations.

More good than bad, and that's a key point, but fantastic? Nah. IMO if the offense was in fact best, it was more that there wasn't a lot of great offense in these six games.

The defense on the other hand looked excellent.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because Mia played cover 0 almost all day. That allowed the huge chunk plays and deep shots. 

If they're bringing more guys than there are blockers, that's not on the OL.

I do agree about going underneath more. Been saying this for 3 years

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The big narrative yesterday on the national sports shows is that Josh is this generations Brett Favre.  He's such a gunslinger.  He's high risk high reward.  He gets intoxicated with throwing the ball downfield and blowing off the easy layup check downs.  That New England week 18 game set Josh up for thinking the big play was the way to attack Miami.   He's just gotta be careful.  Sometimes it's better to give up on a play than put the ball in harms way.  Because if he's careless with the ball vs Cincinnati, they have a QB that will make the Bills pay pretty quickly.

I swear they are all in the same meetings

cowherds talking points were the same as Nick Wrights - who had the same as Ocho on speak 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Would we really want the Bills running a checkdown offense? To beat these remaining teams Bills are going to have put at least 30 on the board. 

I’m with you

Josh should attack apple deep - after he got toasted by Huntley I was licking my chops FOR Allen to hit Diggs or Davis deep

4 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Not sure why we're excluding the Cowboys/Bucs game

I'd rate the offensive performances as:

1) Cowboys

2) 49ers

3) Giants

4) Vikings

5) Bills

Those other teams might not have had the explosive plays that we did, but they moved the ball more efficiently and didn't commit turnovers. 

Vikings ????

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.