Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Wonder if Beane is just targeting players who hurt us in the past. Harris ran all over us. We all know about the Hopkins catch. We graded McGovern too low resulting in Cody Ford.

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You forgot to mention why they won all those SB’s

Game Cheating GIF

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Success said:

The Patriots literally won a ton of Super Bowls without top receivers.  We already have 1 who is better than anyone they had for any of those wins.

They only had the greatest QB of all time, though. Not sure why people keep bringing up Patriots points when Tom Brady was their QB. It was different scenario

14 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They only had the greatest QB of all time, though. Not sure why people keep bringing up Patriots points when Tom Brady was their QB. It was different scenario

I don't see why the team-building philosophy should be different.  Allen is an elite QB, who can make average receivers look really good - just like Brady.  

I maintain that the Patriots set the blueprint when you have an elite QB.  Protecting him & giving him time in the pocket is the top priority. The more you invest in high-paid skill positions, the less you're able to do that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I don't see why the team-building philosophy should be different.  Allen is an elite QB, who can make average receivers look really good - just like Brady.  

I maintain that the Patriots set the blueprint when you have an elite QB.  Protecting him & giving him time in the pocket is the top priority. The more you invest in high-paid skill positions, the less you're able to do that.

get hop and first round pick on right tackle. There’s your line 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

No QB has ever been Brady. The dude is an outlier. Mahomes may be the next in line but we can't have no RB and only Diggs at WR. That isn't gonna get us anywhere. Unless we get young Brady 

38 minutes ago, Success said:

People are too enamored of skill players.

Build the line, the rest will follow.

The Bills have arguably the 3rd best WR group in the division now with Hardman going to the Jets.  The Bills need more weapons, period imo.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

41 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

you cannot win a SB without skill players. Bengals made the SB with one of the worst lines in football….and great weapons…

You can do it with one star playmaker and a bunch of solid above average WRs/RBs.  It happens all the time.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Success said:

The Patriots literally won a ton of Super Bowls without top receivers.  We already have 1 who is better than anyone they had for any of those wins.

And lost with Randy Moss. Who is, well….a little better than Diggs. 

The truth is always in the middle.  I don’t disagree with you. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Success said:

We're obviously not going to improve the oline with a high priced FA olineman. It's McGovern and maybe another relatively modest addition might shake out. I hope we spend at least one early round pick to bolster the oline. I am not satisfied what we have done so far is enough. All that said, rookie contracts don't preclude adding an expensive weapon. Personally, I am good with both.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

We're obviously not going to improve the oline with a high priced FA olineman. It's McGovern and maybe another relatively modest addition might shake out. I hope we spend at least one early round pick to bolster the oline. I am not satisfied what we have done so far is enough. All that said, rookie contracts don't preclude adding an expensive weapon. Personally, I am good with both.

That's a fair point.  I certainly wouldn't be upset if we got Hopkins.  I just don't now how we do it w/ our current cap.

Stranger things have happened, though.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

That's a fair point.  I certainly wouldn't be upset if we got Hopkins.  I just don't now how we do it w/ our current cap.

Stranger things have happened, though.

I'm just guessing there might be fire to the smoke surrounding Ed Oliver. If you take his cap money and distribute it on offense, it becomes more feasible. I also think they may be rethinking the D a bit. Add in two 1 tech space eater DTs -- you can get those later in the draft. 

Edited by Dr. Who

54 minutes ago, Success said:

People are too enamored of skill players.

Build the line, the rest will follow.

Or, do what the Bengals did - accumulate skill position talent for your elite QB and fill in the offensive line. The Chiefs did the exact opposite. Both ways get you to the Super Bowl.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:03 PM, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

He'll be 31 next season...not sure that's the path they need to go. 

Agree.  Feels like another short-term fix to avoid having to draft successfully.  I don't care to spend draft picks on trades when they should be used to affordably play young players for 4-5 years.  Is he the next James Lofton who came to Buffalo at ~33 years of age?

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did Hopkins remove the Buffalo soldier thing on Instagram? I just looked at it and I don't see it there 

Yes, he now has a pic wearing an Osage headdress

• Like (+1) 1