Is Von back with the team in any capacity?

JMM

I haven't heard anything about this and I haven't seen him on the sidelines.  I believe he can still be very important in two ways.

1. In practical ways. Studying film, discussing matchups and techniques with guys like Groot.  And then during the game. Watching in real time what is happening and talking to the D line about it.

2. Just from a leadership and inspiration level. There are going to be tough moments the next 4 games( see what I did there? 😁) You can just see him going up and down the bench keeping everyone going, screaming DON'T BLINK! 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Sal said he was on the sideline today during the radio broadcast.  He noted it was the first time he’s been on the sideline since his injury.

That's good to hear.  Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he had acl surgery…..

So,  

it’s not like they had to remove his spleen…, 

😂

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Talk to me when you have 1000 posts.

I’ll listen to you at that point.  You have no earthly idea what Von has done behind the scenes for his defensive line counterpoints and neither do I.  

im just not foolish enough to make silly assumptions.

We’re onto hosting a non Tua Fish team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Did I miss something?  I thought he was going to be back after the IR designation time was passed.  He said he was ready to play the week before they IRd him.

Edit, since the thread merger I see he had the surgery.  Oh well, im getting greedy with all the good news I guess

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Did I miss something?  I thought he was going to be back after the IR designation time was passed.  He said he was ready to play the week before they IRd him.

Edit, since the thread merger I see he had the surgery.  Oh well, im getting greedy with all the good news I guess

Yes, you definitely did. Ended up needing the ACL repaired while they were in for a scope. Sadly he won’t be back this season. 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Coldfronts said:

Didn't he say after the injury that he was going to be involved with the team on the side lines, cheering and coaching, or was I just dreaming?

Nothing Nodda from Miller

So you want an injured player with one good functional leg to be on the sidelines with the probability of getting hit or run into by someone playing in the game to soothe your ego?? How do you know he's not in the film room with players giving them tips? Stop the nonsense!! Von is a Buffalo Bill. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, special-teams said:

Von was a disappoint this season.  Coverage sacks and weak against the run.  Sad to say -it's true!

Hey it's the new guy! I can already tell you're going to be a blast.

As to your post, if you can't tell the lack of pass rush since he's been out, I question what you have been watching. And coverage sacks lol, that's a good one, with the constant shuffling of guys hurt in the secondary this year and rookies playing, they had benefitted the most from Von being here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, special-teams said:

Von was a disappoint this season.  Coverage sacks and weak against the run.  Sad to say -it's true!

Not true. It’s a disappointment after the injury but he was definitely everything we were hoping for before the injury. He was grading out near the top of the league. 

41 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

This is aging well...

Until Micah takes off that red non contact jersey I won’t believe he’s close to playing.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Until Micah takes off that red non contact jersey I won’t believe he’s close to playing.

Thats fine but it is much different than the people definitively saying there is 0% chance he comes back.

If he had 0% chance to come back then theres is 0% chance that they have him going through the motions of coming back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.