Peterman starting for the bears this Sunday

Steptide

These are currently the five worst records in the NFL:

Indianapolis 4-11-1

Denver 4-12

Arizona 4-12
Chicago is 3-13

Houston is 2-13-1

By starting Peterman Da Bearce are doing what they can to get that 1st overall pick. The Texicans are playing a foundering Indy team that also wants to lose their last game. This is going to go down to the wire. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

These are currently the five worst records in the NFL:

Indianapolis 4-11-1

Denver 4-12

Arizona 4-12
Chicago is 3-13

Houston is 2-13-1

By starting Peterman Da Bearce are doing what they can to get that 1st overall pick. The Texicans are playing a foundering Indy team that also wants to lose their last game. This is going to go down to the wire. 

Houston vs Indy is must see TV ... Both teams doing what they can to lose. Will Indy start Matty Ice ?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I bet if Peterman even plays halfway decent (240 yards, 1 td, 1 int) he'll solidify another 2 years in the nfl

It's the Charlie Whitehurst plan. Mostly suck, but play well enough to stick around in the NFL holding a clipboard for 10-12 years. Walk away with little wear and tear on the body and a decent $15-20m in your bank account for your troubles.

3 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm still mad at McD for benching him in the Chargers game. I wanted to see 10 INTs in 1 game

Come on,  3 were not his fault.  He can be a real good qb. Just needs another chance.

• Vomit 1

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

was there; would not recommend.

Peterman ruined 2 road trips for me.  I was in LA for his 1st start vs the Chargers & then again on opening day 2018 when I was hoping to see Josh start.  Peterman got benched in both games. 

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Why speak in hyperbole?  Easily, worst, of all time?  Think about all the QBs in the history of the NFL.  I get it.  He's not good.  BUT he's not the WOAT

I think statistically he is based on two straight 5 pick games. He may have had some better stats in spot play but after his two starts he was. 

6 hours ago, uninja said:

Interesting fact: the last game Peterman started was in 2018 for Buffalo against the Bears. 

And they forgot how horrible he was that day:

31 out of 49 for 188 yards (3.8 avg) 0 TDs  3INTs and Sacked 4 times

Bills lost 41-9

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

How does he keep getting chances?  I really don't understand it. He's easily the worst nfl qb of all time. 

Not sure if he's the worst of all time, but he should have easily played himself out of any backup or clipboard holding role by this point.

The fact that he is still bouncing around is astounding.

It's common in sports for people to somehow think a player will be different if they come play for ME.

Rarely works, if ever.

5 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

over under on INT's is 7.5

Right? Hammer the over 

3 hours ago, Sgt. Ski said:

Come on,  3 were not his fault.  He can be a real good qb. Just needs another chance.

He did get other chances and he squandered all of them. He’s not a good QB. That’s fine, it’s a hard position but let’s not act like he hasn’t gotten opportunities. He has 3/13 TD to INT ratio and this will be his 5th NFL start

6 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Why speak in hyperbole?  Easily, worst, of all time?  Think about all the QBs in the history of the NFL.  I get it.  He's not good. BUT he's not the WOAT

All-time probably not, because of the real early days of the NFL would save if. But over the last 45 years he has the lowest QB Rating of anyone with at least 130 attempts. Which currently stands at 32.2. He's the only QB with a rating under 39. So you're correct he's not the WOAT, he's the WITL45Y.

11 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Peterman played well enough in the snow game against Indy to help us get the W, without which the drought would have continued.  For that I am grateful.

Though it wasn't much, statistically that game is one of his two best games he ever played(only 2 over a 100 QB Rating)

5/10  57 yds 1 td  0 ints

• Sad 1

The kid in grade school whose report card had middling to lower grades, but checked all the 'good' boxes on the conduct side of the card.

✔️ Plays well with others.

✔️ Respects classroom authority.

✔️ Walks with scissors.

If the Bills had a comic strip of 'Goofus and Gallant', Peterman would be Gallant, Billy Joe Hobert would be Goofus.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have, too, and it's because the kid has no quit in him.  He's pursuing his dream, handling himself professionally and being patient.  I will be DEFINITELY be rooting for him this weekend!

I don’t get this. You love trashing qbs who are way better than him. He is literally is in consideration for worst qb ever to play in the nfl. His career qb rating is 32.2 in the easiest era to ever play qb in!!!! 32.2!!!

so if Tyrod was completely terrible, and lister all couldn’t say anything bad because he was so terrible, you would like him more? What weird logic. 

And for the record, I have no ill wild towards Peterman. I just think he is the worst qb I have seen play in the nfl and it’s wild he keeps getting chances because I guess he’s a nice guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t get this. You love trashing qbs who are way better than him. He is literally is in consideration for worst qb ever to play in the nfl. His career qb rating is 32.2 in the easiest era to ever play qb in!!!! 32.2!!!

so if Tyrod was completely terrible, and lister all couldn’t say anything bad because he was so terrible, you would like him more? What weird logic. 

And for the record, I have no ill wild towards Peterman. I just think he is the worst qb I have seen play in the nfl and it’s wild he keeps getting chances because I guess he’s a nice guy.

It’s simple, really … I love trashing QBs who are selfish as*holes, which TuhROD is and Peterman is not. 

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Peterman played well enough in the snow game against Indy to help us get the W, without which the drought would have continued.  For that I am grateful.

I forget, did he get injured in that game?  I’m almost positive Joe “Package” Webb came in at some point for us

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

That might cause too much confidence in the scout team D!

I mean - the purpose is to execute plays you anticipate the other team might run.  So he's probably good in film study.  

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I forget, did he get injured in that game?  I’m almost positive Joe “Package” Webb came in at some point for us

Sure did - Joe Webb to Deonte Thompson was the big play in that one. 34 yards on 3rd down with less than 2 minutes in OT.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.