1/2/23 Week 17 Gameday Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

“Unfortunately I will be working tonight”

What do you do? 

“I picked up my 60 day chip today” 

👏👏👏👏🥳🥳🥳🥳

“with my Bills shirt and hat on and got a “Go Bills” from someone there.  I thought that was just awesome.”

YEAH!!!!! 🥳🥳🥳 GO BILLS!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Unfortunately I will be working tonight though I don’t get ESPN at home anyway and I am a recovering alcoholic so I don’t go to sports bars.

Fortunately I have a decent job and am a happily recovering alcoholic.  

Things could be worse.

I picked up my 60 day chip today with my Bills shirt and hat on and got a “Go Bills” from someone there.  I thought that was just awesome.

Congratulations brother!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pregame thoughts. 

If Bills DLine can get some pressure it will really help the back end.  If Burrows has time, he will pick apart the Bills secondary.  

Conversely if Allen, Singletary and Cook can get positive results against their 3 man front, it will open things up for Diggs and Davis. 

Josh needs a clean game.  

• Agree 1

Cold lock prediction:  Cook scampers like a runaway locomotive tonight with a 50+ yarder with blur speed.  Wait for it.  It will happen.  The corners will start trotting due to sheer hopelessness.  Maybe one will pull up with a fake hammy.  Somebody is about to be embarrassed on national tv.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

That's awesome that he's playing through it.  From what I understand the torn meniscus is just flapping around in there and doesn't really affect you unless is gets caught wrong then it locks you up and hurts like a B word 'til it moves again.  I know someone who has this issue but won't get the surgery and just live with it.  idk

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

That's awesome that he's playing through it.  From what I understand the torn meniscus is just flapping around in there and doesn't really affect you unless is gets caught wrong then it locks you up and hurts like a B word 'til it moves again.  I know someone who has this issue but won't get the surgery and just live with it.  idk

I lived with it for around 15 years. Now I'm not athletic but I did used to bike a lot and workout. There was pain but it was come and go. I forgot about it most of the time until I got older and it became a big problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I read a little bit about it, and from what I read, it sounds like surgery is a last resort. I guess most Dr's actually try and avoid any kind of surgery, which I think is good? 

19 minutes ago, BRH said:

So why would the Bengals call up a QB?

Either they just want to reward him with a game check, or something’s up with Brandon Allen.  Or maybe with … Burrow.  👀 

The Bengals saw what Milano did to Tua and Mike White. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

I read a little bit about it, and from what I read, it sounds like surgery is a last resort. I guess most Dr's actually try and avoid any kind of surgery, which I think is good? 

I tried to play hockey through a torn meniscus. I'd be fine until my knee was struck a certain way. PAIN!

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Should be a helluva game.  I am stunned by how little respect we’re getting, even from some of our own fans.  

I think we’ll pick on their corners, and Frazier and McD will have ways to slow down their WRs.  Bills win.

I think when it comes to our fans, we're just trying to not set ourselves up for dissapontment. At least I know I am. I know the bills are good enough to beat the Bengals, but I keep reminding myself we haven't locked down the one seed yet

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

As long as Frazier doesn’t resort to his standard “don’t prepare at all for defense on the first drive; it’s fun to be down by 7 early” approach, I think we have a shot. 

I think I’m more worried about the stagnant passing game than our defense 

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

As long as Frazier doesn’t resort to his standard “don’t prepare at all for defense on the first drive; it’s fun to be down by 7 early” approach 

I’m almost resigned to this happening at this point.  lol.

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Yeah, you’d think Dorsey would have been paying attention last week when we were 3 feet away from having two 100 yard rushers in a game, and maybe just maybe keep that going. I understand this is a completely different (see: better) defense, but today won’t be the day of 60 passes from Josh winning it for us. 

31 minutes ago, BRH said:

So why would the Bengals call up a QB?

Either they just want to reward him with a game check, or something’s up with Brandon Allen.  Or maybe with … Burrow.  👀 

Feels like a trick play is in the offing or maybe some Wildcat.  

4 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Our offense has scored an average of 33.5 points a game over the last 2 weeks. The highest 2 week average since weeks 1 & 2. All while spreading the ball around and finally committing to being a balanced offense. It's all good.👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1