1/2/23 Week 17 Gameday Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Feels like a trick play is in the offing or maybe some Wildcat.  

Well, Browning is inactive, so it was just about giving him a game check. 

but the better news:  Hubbard is also inactive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Christian Benford is a go.

No- no he isn't - pretty sure he's not on active roster yest- they simply slated him to the 21 days to return - they would need to release a player and elevate first

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

Why a QB call up?  Are they anticipating Burrows getting mauled?

6 minutes ago, WMDman said:

why call up Anderson just to have him inactive?

The Bengals did this last season as well, this may have to do with game checks?

Just now, BlazinBill said:

Not shocked at this- I think with recovering from an Achilles they are slowly getting him up- would love to have him but if he's not full go I'm good with waiting 

On the plus side, probably means Rick Bates is good to go, but it also means the sidearm sinkerballer is the backup....

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Guess he's not ready yet.

1 minute ago, BlazinBill said:

Not shocked at this- I think with recovering from an Achilles they are slowly getting him up- would love to have him but if he's not full go I'm good with waiting 

Seems strange to call up Anderson and then make them both inactive.

Maybe they like the line as is?

Somehow, tonight reminds me of January 17, 1993.

While tonight it’s not a Playoff Game, but of course it is!

And as that game droned on in Miami, my Bills posse in a friends’ basement, realized damn… the Bills were going to the SB… again!

In reality, that’s what’s on the line.

NOBODY is beating the Bills in Orchard Park! 

GO 🦬!

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Seems strange to call up Anderson and then make them both inactive.

Maybe they like the line as is?

My guess IKE was never even considered a GO and in place one of our backup/rotational guys was iffy and is good to go after all 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Guess he's not ready yet.

my own conspiracy theory on Benford is that the IR thing was a bit of a stash, and he has been learning up to move to safety (or at least backup there if needed) for the stretch. We are thin at safety, and are deep at corner. And I have never heard of an oblique sidelining someone for 3 weeks before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It’s not chili. It’s greek spaghetti sauce. 

Wth is a Greek spaghetti sauce? Theres Italian and everything else that’s just wrong. I heard Tasker talking about how gross it is basically chili on top of pasta. 

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

fingernails, beer, and Tums

I hear ya, always a bit nervous 😬 

GO BILLS!!!

Watching NFL countdown. Talking about the cats winning the game as though it’s already a give in also said the Fish lost control of the afce. It’s  laughable the takes. Just made a quip that Beasley didn’t want to play with Brady but with Josh along with a snicker. 

Edited by AlfaBill

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Wth is a Greek spaghetti sauce? Theres Italian and everything else that’s just wrong. I heard Tasker talking about how gross it is basically chili on top of pasta. 

You either love it or hate it, kind of like blue cheese on wings. I happen to like both. 

Yeah, if you go in thinking it is chili and judge it on those terms, you probably won't like it.  Cincinnati Chili is its own thing...a kind of sauce on spaghetti not a tex-mex chili. 

Watching NFL countdown. Talking about the cats winning the game as though it’s already a give in also said the Fish lost bobtail of the afce. It’s  laughable the takes. 

I’m actually happy the Rose Bowl is on so I don’t have to watch a minute of pregame. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Wth is a Greek spaghetti sauce? They’re Italian and everything else that’s just wrong. I heard Tasker talking about how gross it is basically chili on top of pasta. 

It’s Greek diner food, similar to chili dog chili found on the east coast and through the rust belt. 

Watching NFL countdown. Talking about the cats winning the game as though it’s already a give in also said the Fish lost bobtail of the afce. It’s  laughable the takes. 

scoreboard rules. They can have all the opinions they want I really dont give a damn at this point. We will know in a scant few hours now

LETS GO BUFFALO!~!~!!!!

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It’s not chili. It’s greek spaghetti sauce. 

THANK YOU!

My old boss used to swear by it (he's a bills fan) and thought it was the best type of chili.

I couldn't respect him after that.