AL Michaels and Ryan Fitzpatrick...TNF

TwistofFate

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Al Michaels can go too.

There is no energy from the booth.

It’s really strange how different Al is this season. Just absolutely zero energy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

He's 78

OK? So perhaps we're in agreement then. He's the legend so maybe you kick Herbstreit to the curb and try to inject some life, but his listless commentary this year has been a hard listen. Maybe he doesn't like Herbstreit, there's always that angle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Herbstreit is less than adequate as Michaels partner, he makes the game terrible to watch. 

Fitz during halftime was awesome and I think he would make a way better partner and announcer than Herbstreit. 

Come on fashion fitzy, let's make it happen. 

Edited by chongli

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

It’s really strange how different Al is this season. Just absolutely zero energy.

It’s the entire Amazon presentation 

Its horrendous 

The stream sucks.  Can barely hear Michaels and KH.  The production sucks.  

Only good thing is pre and post game shows.  

Oh and…..we’re used to Al doing massive games.  These games suck and no one cares.  They lose the luster and Al can’t make up for it.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 5

I think all the crappy Thursday games has beat Al down. He use to be my favorite. 

I don’t know why people don’t like the Amazon streams though. I hear complaints here every week. I have had zero issues with their streams and I think production is great. I also like that I can get live next gen stats or watch an all22 type broadcast if I choose. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think all the crappy Thursday games has beat Al down. He use to be my favorite. 

I don’t know why people don’t like the Amazon streams though. I hear complaints here every week. I have had zero issues with their streams and I think production is great. I also like that I can get live next gen stats or watch an all22 type broadcast if I choose. 

We in the UK are lucky that we don't have to stream it. We get the feed but via Sky TV.

Agree a bit on Al but I also thing he knows he is working with a dud. Al was never super high energy but he worked with Madden and then Collinsworth who are high energy guys and he complimented them and it was a perfect balance. I know he is hated here but personally I think Collinsworth is very good and he and Al are my favourite broadcast duo of my NFL fandom (I only caught the back end of Madden). I don't know if amazon would do it given how his NFL career ended but I think Gruden would be great with Al and then, yes, they need some better games to call. Last year's Thursday slate was decent so maybe it is just a down year? But if something doesn't change not sure I see Al agreeing to do it again. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I don’t know why people don’t like the Amazon streams though. I hear complaints here every week

Kind of myopic. If you hear complaints about streaming and hangs in this forum…NEVER happens with broadcast TV.  Me? I had a couple hiccups. The tech is very close.  But WOW my device buffered 2 min 3Q Bills game, it fixed but boy I was worried!! I believe so many in my neighborhood were running multiple streams, it bogged down the system. 

Edited by Since1981

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We in the UK are lucky that we don't have to stream it. We get the feed but via Sky TV.

Agree a bit on Al but I also thing he knows he is working with a dud. Al was never super high energy but he worked with Madden and then Collinsworth who are high energy guys and he complimented them and it was a perfect balance. I know he is hated here but personally I think Collinsworth is very good and he and Al are my favourite broadcast duo of my NFL fandom (I only caught the back end of Madden). I don't know if amazon would do it given how his NFL career ended but I think Gruden would be great with Al and then, yes, they need some better games to call. Last year's Thursday slate was decent so maybe it is just a down year? But if something doesn't change not sure I see Al agreeing to do it again. 

Chucky would be great. I’d even take Aqib Talib, Mark Sanchez, anyone with a pulse over Kirk zzzzzz. 

Honestly don’t mind the two of them that much. Yea they are boring and Al should retire, but atleast it’s not collinsworth or buck and aikman. 

New blood is needed in the booth across all the stations, but I’d honestly much prefer it if the broadcast just gave us the sounds of the game instead of any of the announcers. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Its horrendous 

Oh and…..we’re used to Al doing massive games.  These games suck and no one cares.  They lose the luster and Al can’t make up for it.  

True on all counts. ... It is just plain bad.

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Herbstreit is less than adequate as Michaels partner, he makes the game terrible to watch. 

Fitz during halftime was awesome and I think he would make a way better partner and announcer than Herbstreit. 

Come on fashion fitzy, let's make it happen. 

I’m convinced that the networks are making the announcers dumb down everything for the masses. Herbie didn’t used to be like this. It’s like Chris Collinsworth is giving classes to every announcer - and they’re mandatory. 

• Agree 1

I really like the whole TNF broadcast. Picture is super clear, the pregame is cool. Fitz and Sherman are really good. I like the women involved (Rooks especially) That being said, if they came back from commercial at any point and the stage was cut and Tony Gonzales’ chair was gone, nobody anywhere would ask questions. There might be nobody on earth worse at their job then he is. I’m not sure why they wanted him to begin with but after 4 mins of week 1 it wasn’t working. You got to get rid of that guy as soon as possible.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Its horrendous 

Stream works well for me.  Picture and sound are good.  I rather like their production I’ll admit. 

8 hours ago, Rubes said:

Not really hard to understand..  He went from potentially marquee match-ups every week to Jets-Jags on TNF.  I don't think I have ever heard a more listless, disinterested effort than when he and the Herbster broadcast Bills-Pats..  I commented on it at the time.  He is like Brady.  He didn't know when to quit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.