Packers release Sammy Watkins

HappyDays

One of the biggest wastes of talent I’ve seen.  He had it all except the passion/drive and mental make up to maximize that talent.  Could have been a true top number 1 WR - pure talent wise - but he just wasn’t mentally built to become more than a role player.  He got paid and was cool after that.  He didn’t have the drive to push himself and lead.  

That being said, I would be fine adding him to the PS as a potential role player if needed here.

• Like (+1) 1

One season with greater that 1000 yards, barely at that.

https://www.nfl.com/players/sammy-watkins/stats/career

I get it that he can’t help where in the order and how he was drafted but ….. has to be considered among the worst draft busts ever in Bills history given his lack of production and the cost to get him.

Obviously Beane has not been perfect in the draft but has nothing like this bone headed decision during his watch.

If the Bills were going to cough up two first rounders for the dud why did they not at least trade for a proven player at the position?

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

One season with greater that 1000 yards, barely at that.

https://www.nfl.com/players/sammy-watkins/stats/career

I get it that he can’t help where in the order and how he was drafted but ….. has to be considered among the worst draft busts ever in Bills history given his lack of production and the cost to get him.

Obviously Beane has not been perfect in the draft but has nothing like this bone headed decision during his watch.

If the Bills were going to cough up two first rounders for the dud why did they not at least trade for a proven player at the position?

I really really thought we were trading up to get Khalil. I still can't believe we traded up for Watkins.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.