Are the Chiefs overhyped?

billybob71

When I hear over-hyped I think of the Cowboys and the Lakers. Please stop! Maybe just for a week? 

As others have said, we are good but not great. Just like the Chefs. Who overcomes the shortcomings to hold up the trophy? THAT is the question. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

When I hear over-hyped I think of the Cowboys and the Lakers. Please stop! Maybe just for a week? 

As others have said, we are good but not great. Just like the Chefs. Who overcomes the shortcomings to hold up the trophy? THAT is the question. 

and Dak with game ending pick 6 ouch!

Overhyped?  I don’t know.

What I do know is that they’re capable of driving the ball down the field at any time (like Buffalo).  Their defense is up and down (like Buffalo).  

They’re beatable, but never to be taken lightly (like Buffalo).  I’d prefer not having to play them in KC in the playoffs if possible..

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

If KC gets two seed, it wouldn't happen until the title game. Might be the most fired up Bills mafia will ever be.

I don't think a player has ever started his career by playing 10 straight home games (Likely 11):

18: Beat Indy before losing to NE

19: Beat Hou & Ten

20: Beat Cle & some other team.

21: Beat Pit, some other team, and lose to Cin.

22: Will get at minimum one home game. 

That is unheard of.

Insane stat. Did not know this. 

This year they play in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL. And their schedule has thus been kind of a joke.

That being said, how are they overrated? They’re a top 5 team in the NFL on anyone’s list. So if we want to argue if they’re #5 or #2 or # 1 who cares. Its semantics. Theyre one of the best teams in the NFL. 

We dont have to go down to the pathetic level of chiefs fans (I saw that thread on their horrible message board at the beginning of the year). That message board, like their fanbase, is a dumpster fire. 

3 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This has been such a bizarre year.

KC lost to Indy and barely beat Den, Hou, and Titans.

We lost to the Jets and barely beat Detroit & Miami in the snow.

Other things too.

To answer the question, I am not sure there is a juggernaut in the AFC. Teams have gotten lucky. Teams have gotten unlucky.

Philly is the 1 seed. But they barely beat Chicago, Hou, Indy. Lost to Wsh.

What team doesn't have flaws?

Detroit is now 6-1 in their last 7 with their only loss coming against buffalo…they’ve got a good shot at a 9-1 finish with us being their only loss.  Kc is barely hanging on against terrible teams who are often missing their starting qb 

jets are a much better team with Mike white than the teams kc is barely beating too 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

43 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

There are just so many...

I’d honestly call the people not being critical of kc anti-homers which is just as bad 😂. Idk how we can criticize the way the bills have been winning games against pretty good teams and not be allowed to be critical of the way kc has been winning against bottom of the barrel teams.  They faced 4 or 5 backup qbs this year and still barely held on in those games.  Neither the bills or chiefs are an impossible team to beat in the playoffs 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d honestly call the people not being critical of kc anti-homers which is just as bad 😂. Idk how we can criticize the way the bills have been winning games against pretty good teams and not be allowed to be critical of the way kc has been winning against bottom of the barrel teams.  They faced 4 or 5 backup qbs this year and still barely held on in those games.  Neither the bills or chiefs are an impossible team to beat in the playoffs 

The Kermit factor 

3 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This has been such a bizarre year.

KC lost to Indy and barely beat Den, Hou, and Titans.

We lost to the Jets and barely beat Detroit & Miami in the snow.

Other things too.

To answer the question, I am not sure there is a juggernaut in the AFC. Teams have gotten lucky. Teams have gotten unlucky.

Philly is the 1 seed. But they barely beat Chicago, Hou, Indy. Lost to Wsh.

What team doesn't have flaws?

All good points, but I think that Detroit win is going to look better and better after the season is over.  They have some good young talent and are playing well.

• Like (+1) 2

They’re not overhyped. They’re just measured bu their standard not the leagues. Similar to the Bills they’re a great team and winning games, but not playing up to their potential. 

Good team, but they don’t have the hot hand at the moment. 

I'll say this. Given the idiotic simplicity of what is main stream sports media the Chiefs are not overhyped. 

After this weekend all you'll hear is how Buffalo barely beat a Florida team in the snow and how a one win team took the Chiefs to OT. 

The true overhyped team is the Bengals. They will now be seen as the AFC favorite. All week we are going to hear about how Burrow came back to beat the Great Tom Brady and that the Bengals are the defending AFC Champion. 

Edited by HaldimandBills

That thread was created before the season began, due to the fact that they were heavy Super Bowl favorites and early books had them favored in every game. It’s not insulting to ask if that were justified. 

KC? Well, they’re probably overhyped by Nick Wright. I don’t think anyone else has thought they’re a clear-cut favorite. 

1 hour ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

All good points, but I think that Detroit win is going to look better and better after the season is over.  They have some good young talent and are playing well.

If Detroit played this way from the start, they could be fighting for a top seed in the NFC right now.

• Like (+1) 1

There isn't one AFC team hitting on all cylinders. It's odd because in other years there was always one team (NE or KC) above the rest. 

In the 90's, the NFC title game was the SB. You knew the Cowboys or Niners would wipe the floor with their SB opponent.

But there isn't one SB matchup where you can definitely say "That team will definitely win!!".

More parity than ever. Even the Texans are playing great teams to the end.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Chiefs make the plays they need to make whenever they need to make them. Mahomes finished with 21 straight completions. That game was never truly in doubt.

Sure you go into OT and the game was never in doubt. Nick Wright is your hero/mentor 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

We actually best kc at their house. And we had them dead to rights 

Playoffs are a completely different animal.

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im more confident now than the last championship game they played there when the Chiefs gave them a touch up

Playoffs are completely different than the regular season. Homefield advantage is on steroids. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Chiefs make the plays they need to make whenever they need to make them. Mahomes finished with 21 straight completions. That game was never truly in doubt.

Never truly in doubt? Sheesh. If that were the Bills, you'd be so down on them right now lmao.

Also this is how Mahomes finished:

J McKinnon right guard 2 yards.

Mahomes pass short middle 4 yards

Mahomes sacked -12 yards

He is damn lucky Mills coughed up the football but sure, it was all part of their plan 😂

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No. But the Bengals are under hyped. Bengals are the best team in the NFL.

I think the Bengals will be a problem. Buffalo and KC aren’t firing on all cylinders and the Bengals are hitting a great stride just before the playoffs. 

Allen looked more like Allen this week though. If we get Josh rolling all bets are off. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

No? Imagine having such a black and white thought process lmao

Go back and re-read my initial reply.  I think you missed the point entirely.  By black and white you mean what's good for the goose is not good for the gander?  If the only thing that matters for the Bills is their record, then the same holds true for the Chiefs.  If it doesn't hold true for the Chiefs, then you can't use it as an argument against criticism of the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.